Old 01-07-2011, 07:00 AM   #1  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Default A Rant~ Beware frustrated women on board....

I normally to the belly fat cure diet, so why am I ranting here? Well, after a week on the diet (granted it is only a week, however hang on for more details) I have gained...yes, GAINED weight. I solid week of what felt like food torchure, at the gym, no sugar in the coffee, eggs, eggs, eggs I gained weight. Now it has taken me forever to get up the "gumption" to follow any plan, but to GAIN. Anywho, I contacted my support group for the diet and they said WHAT??? what they said was, how was your calorie count??? I was like....you don't count calories but carbs.....they said, if your overall calorie count is high, you will gain...I was astounded....flabbergasted....shocked.

Then I was like, If I have to count, then I am going on wieght watchers...more choices, better food.....so here I am and why I posted all this here.

Thanks for listening. Now I need to find how to do this program at home. I am too upset to fork over cash for anymore "diet plans"

Sorry to ***** in the middle of your day....
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #2  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

You can also just try "calorie counting"...it's free!

Cheer up...it only took me 43 yrs to figure out that the bottom line to ALL diet programs is "calories in vs. calories out". The only variation to that is exercise...which can help create a calorie deficit, firm/build muscles and therefore speed up fat loss and increase metabolism.

There are also some good books that can also help educate you in this area. One (I haven't read), that many around here recommend is Good Calories, Bad Calories which explains alot of food myths away. One in particular, is the myth that if you eat a certain food or food group, the pounds will just magically melt away.

Please don't be too disappointed...at least it only took you a week to change. Much success!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 01-07-2011 at 07:25 AM.
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:39 AM   #3  
weight watchers

Thank you so much for your wonderful support!!

You are right, calorie counting is free...I guess I could give it a go. Not that I expect miracles in a week's time, but a half pound maybe? considering I was "food miserable" all week and busting a hump in the gym??? I will check out that book as well. Thank you!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Fewer calories more exercise....works everytime and has already been said it is FREE !

Last edited by bargoo; 01-07-2011 at 01:05 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #5  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Calorie counting had done wonders for me.... I'd suggest purchasing a food scale, some measuring cups and spoons, and a calorie book that covers the majority of your normal foods (I used the one by Calorie King and love it!) Calorie King ALSO has a webpage that you can use until you get the money for a book, so that's pretty nice. It can be found here: http://www.calorieking.com/

Also, this link helped me determine how much I needed to maintain and lose (or gain!): http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

The going is not always easy, especially at the beginning.... but once you really discover how to do it, you'll never forget. And it DEFINITELY is worth it!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Just hang in there. Counting will help. Also, eat simply; keep fat to 30 grams a day or less; add more lean protein; use the on-line tools that are mentioned above. I use fitday.com. I still have troubles and even gain some (as I did over the holidays). But, a week of doing it better will show you results.

It will be all worth it.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #7  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Count me in as a major fan of calorie-counting. I admire the WW program, but I am just too broke to afford a commercial plan--so CC it is! The money I save on a formal plan, I can spend on nutritious food, luxury items like a new lipstick, and clothing to fit the new, smaller me.

I use Fitday to record my calorie intake and to look up calorie counts, but there are plenty of other sites out there (Calorie King, Sparkpeople, Daily Plate) that'll do the trick.

The key to calorie counting is accurate measurement. If you don't already have a food scale, invest in one; they're not all that expensive, and it'll be handy whether you ultimately choose WW or CC. In fact, it's a handy device even if you don't use it for weight loss, as it makes baking much more precise.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #8  
Never Never Never Give Up

S/C/G: FATTER/FAT/HEALTY

Height: 5'6

I agree! I use FitDay as well & I love it!
BlueEyedWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #9  
weight watchers

Thank you so much for your support! I ate carbs today and counted my calories and felt soooo good doing it!

Thanks again! (((hugs))))
Old 01-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

I say do WW. It's not a DIET. it is showing you how much food to put in your stomach at one time. Not sit and eat the whole plate of Pasta at Olive Garden.

come on over. Join the online group or the WW at home. We can help. We don't count a calorie and I eat what I want. If I want a 6 PP muffin that is on me. If I want the Chicken and veggies and Rice, again. 6PP. No calories for me to worry cause I didn't go over what I should have for my desired weight loss.

It's not that expensive. Get the equipment and the help from proven people that it works and then you are on to life of better eating and more known portion control. Get in the water and the vitamins and no shakes and power drinks etc.

come to WW. It's fine. And yes, there are weeks even my leader said she gained. It happens. It's life it's our bodies but then the next week, heck you could be down 3 pounds ... give it some time and patience and you will come out on top for being a loser.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 252

Height: 5'11''

Yes - when push comes to shove it's always calories in/calories out. You've just got to know how much to eat of the good stuff vs the bad stuff. When I was younger, I had every imaginable eating disorder - once ate 1000 calories a day in Peanut M&Ms for SIX MONTHS. Nothing else. Of course, over time I ruined my thyroid and am now facing the biggest weight loss goal of my life. 70lbs. Am going to do it though - I want to be a thin old woman.
LolaCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 252

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckatgo View Post
I normally to the belly fat cure diet, so why am I ranting here? Well, after a week on the diet (granted it is only a week, however hang on for more details) I have gained...yes, GAINED weight. I solid week of what felt like food torchure, at the gym, no sugar in the coffee, eggs, eggs, eggs I gained weight. Now it has taken me forever to get up the "gumption" to follow any plan, but to GAIN. Anywho, I contacted my support group for the diet and they said WHAT??? what they said was, how was your calorie count??? I was like....you don't count calories but carbs.....they said, if your overall calorie count is high, you will gain...I was astounded....flabbergasted....shocked.

Then I was like, If I have to count, then I am going on wieght watchers...more choices, better food.....so here I am and why I posted all this here.

Thanks for listening. Now I need to find how to do this program at home. I am too upset to fork over cash for anymore "diet plans"

Sorry to ***** in the middle of your day....
Hi there - I commiserate! Last year, a friend came to stay with me for a month and we decided to lose weight together. We ate South Beach-style, and she was obviously eating a lot more fibre than she was accustomed to, and blew up like a balloon. She was BESIDE herself - unable to do up her pant, really confused! It turned out, she'd not had a BM since we started, five days previously. We'd go to the gym for an hour every morning, and take long hikes - stay on the plan, but she was absolutely NOT having the same results that I had. Anyway, my point - if you're eating lots of eggs, and not enough fibre - a hazard of high protein/low carb diets - this could be part of the problem. Try eating scads of delicious chicken soup loaded with kale and collards, cabbage - whatever, as long as it's nice and green. You'll soon get things moving in the right direction! And eat SOME carbs with your eggs - a nice omlette loaded with onions, tomatoes, diced bell peppers!
LolaCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:35 PM   #13  

is the belly fat diet the one by Prevention which focuses more on healthy oils and some whole grain carbs? or maybe just the oils. you might have gained weight just as water or some other reason, if only one week. but yeah, you will have to count something for the rest of your life unless you have the metabolism of the energizer bunny...ww is a version of counting macros besides the calories. i'm giving it another try to see if this will work for me both by losing weight if i keep to it and if i can keep to it. eventually, i hope to not have to pay for it and just watch the food i eat.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:41 AM   #14  
weight watchers

Thanks again for your wise advice. I have been counting calories for a week now and have never been happier. I went out bought a copy of the "calorie king" calorie counter and lost one pound already!

Thank you for your wonderful advice and help!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Height: 5'3"

I dont know if my problem fits in this post, but sorry if it dont belong here. Since 1/1/11 I have been doing the WW points thing. I have a Subway (on wheat) each day which is 14 points and for dinner I have a iceberg salad with Perdue chicken strips or a can of Progresso soup(4 points). I munch on some rice cakes ( 1 point each) during the day if I have the urge. I drink 3 or 4 32 oz bottles of water a day. I haven't lost an ounce! Can any of you figure out what I am doing wrong? I am so upset, I just wanna cry!
Scorpio19 is offline   Reply With Quote