Old 01-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default Post your 'Healthy Living" apps here! (preferably, cheap to free!)

So I've been finding a few good apps lately.

Such as:

Waterlogged- I think there is a free option? but it's a subscription service for .99 or 1.99 for 3 months I think? I dunno, I bought it. Sends push notifications to remind you to drink/lets you record your intake.

Pedometer: (it has a pic of a shoe, if you can't find it): Free with option to upgrade to something better I guess? I have the free version. - It tracks steps, distance, speed, average speed, calories and time. It also keeps track of your measurements and weight, you can set desired weight goal as well as desired measurements for your chest, waist and hips. Of course these things never work out perfectly, but it's a great way to motivate I think. I honestly can't imagine myself at goal, so I have no idea what my measurements will be, but I just took many inches off what I am now but kept them in mostly the same range of differences from what they are now, (like a ten inch difference from waist to hips that I have now, etc.)

Allrecipes (from allrecipes.com) Free- This most likely speaks for itself.

Target Weight: Free - Enter height, weight, goal and how long till target and it keeps track for you along with bmi.

True Weight: Free- This might be great for a lot of us! you put in your start weight and you enter your new weight every day, at the end of a week you will see the 'weekly change' and it will show you your true weight re: fluctuations, also can be used monthly and has a calorie thing, which I don't yet understand.

Igoalinformer: Free - Put in your current weight and the date, your goal weight and goal date and it will tell you if it is 'possible' or 'dangerous' and apprx how many cals you need to eat to get to that weight.

WeightTrack: Free- Input starting weight, current weight, goal weight, it tracks how much you have lost in how many days and caluclates daily weight loss averages and average weekly weight loss. Just interesting to see trends. Also has a nifty graph.

Sparkpeople: Free- this is the www.sparkpeople.com app, it's nice, track your cals, fitness and weight.

lbs loss calculator: Free - This calculates the percentage of weight you have lost from start to current.

Your Ideal Weight: Free - This is good once. Put in your height, weight, age, and it tells you your ideal weight recommended by docs (mine is off a few lbs? But it says 118- 159 It's actually 114 - 154 I think?) but the thing that is a little interesting here is that it gives you the ideal weight according to what people with your weight, age and heigh would like to have. Mine is 177 lbs 1 oz.

Okay, those are mine! What are yours?

Anyone else have any good ones?
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #2  
unabashed

Really? Nothing?

Old 01-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I have a Couch to 5k app and one from myfitness pal. The C25k was $3 and the MFP was free.

you have a TON though! Wow! Thanks for all the resources. I promise to post more if I find them.
justErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #4  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

I second the C25K app, there are also apps for the 100 push up challenge (and likely the sit up and squat challenges too) I also have the Lose It! app but don't use it.. and Yum Yum for vegan recipes. The C25K is the ONLY app I use, except Facebook. It's fantastic.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #5  
unabashed

I'll have to get the c25k when I lose a bit.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Lottie - I started C25k at 260, and I LOVED it. Over the course of the program (I graduated on Sunday), I lost 25lbs! If you think you can do it, GO FOR IT!!! It's awesome!
justErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #7  
unabashed

erin, I have fibromyaglia. I am not entirely sure running is in my future at all, but I definitely don't want to push it with all this extra weight.

EDIT: I also have a tendency to fall. So, am kind of worried about that. Will be seeing a doc IF/WHEN I decide to try.

Last edited by lottie63; 01-06-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

I have a mobile app for Weight Watchers online - it was free with my online plan.

I have Instant Heart Rate monitor, Stop Watch and Timer, Calorie Counter, Jog Tracker, Pedometer, Restaurant Nutrition, WW Point Calulator, and Weight Control Hypnosis freebie. All free.

I'm still exploring and looking at more free apps.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

great list Lottie, I may have to get that water one.

I have a free bee of Eight Glass a Day

when you touch one of the glasses it goes down and you can see on your iphone how many you have done for the day. it always starts fresh itself for a new day.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 299/263/150

Height: 5' 4"

I have the Lose It app (free version.) To make your program you enter your starting weight, goal weight, gender and height, I believe. You then choose how much you want to lose per week up to 2lbs per week and it gives you a daily calorie suggestion. There is also an exercise section where you can enter your exercise from the list they have set or you can enter your own. You can update your weight as often as you like and it tracks it on a graph. Cool app.
gagirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #11  
Resisting the Urge

S/C/G: 282.4/Ticker/199.9

Height: 5'8"

All the apps mentioned above are all great!

Another AWESOME app is call the Snack App. You tell it what your craving and it will give you 50, 100, and 200 calorie snacks that you can eat. Oh and I believe its free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagirl1 View Post
I have the Lose It app (free version.) To make your program you enter your starting weight, goal weight, gender and height, I believe. You then choose how much you want to lose per week up to 2lbs per week and it gives you a daily calorie suggestion. There is also an exercise section where you can enter your exercise from the list they have set or you can enter your own. You can update your weight as often as you like and it tracks it on a graph. Cool app.
I LOVE THIS APP!!! I use Lose It every day as my food journal!

Last edited by Essa415; 01-07-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Essa415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #12  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa415 View Post
All the apps mentioned above are all great!

Another AWESOME app is call the Snack App. You tell it what your craving and it will give you 50, 100, and 200 calorie snacks that you can eat. Oh and I believe its free!

I LOVE THIS APP!!! I use Lose It every day as my food journal!
The Snack App looks great! I just downloaded it to try out. Thanks for the recommendation!
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #13  

one thing I don't like about a lot of the programs is where is the spot for a home exerciser who does not do pull ups, push ups, stomach crunches on machines? treadmill. they have the same things that people do in a gym.What about the rest of the exerciseres.

oh ya, we get to write ours down in our pretty journals and move on.. I put colored dots on my calander to keep track or just so I can see that I did something yesterday.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #14  

Height: 1.67m

I feel like I'm plugging this all over 3FC lol. I really do love it though. The MFP app mentioned previously (myfitness pal). Comes for iPhone and Android, with Blackberry on the way. Free and fab (No, I don't work for them lol)
timkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #15  

Lottie, can that waterlogged thing be changed to only drink the amount you want?

I want to drink but I don't need a gallon per day. Can I change the total?