Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 05:13 PM   #1  

Default Winsor Pilates

Has anyone done the Winsor Pilates tapes? I'm curious to see if they actually work before spending the dough for them.
Old 10-18-2002, 05:09 PM   #2  
Mooooo

YES,THEY SEEM TO TARGET THREE GREAT AREAS,YOUR ABS,WAIST AND BUTT..I HAVE DONE THEM THREE TIMES AND CAN FEEL THEY HAVE HIT THOSE MUSCLES. THE TAPES DONT MOVE TO FAST,ALTOUGH SOME SEEM YOU NEED TO HAVE GREAT BALANCE OTHER THEN THAT I WOLD RECCOMEND THEM,
Old 10-18-2002, 07:01 PM   #3  

You may want to post this under exercise. I have read some replies from others. I don't have the tapes, but I do pilate.
I have thought about buying the tapes myself. Thanks for the postive feedback Stephany.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:50 PM   #4  

i think shape or self magazine evaluated the tapes in either this month's issue or last month's issue. they said it was legit and very helpful.

but since pilates is so trendy now, you could probably find a book or rent videos from the library or movie rental place too.
Old 11-09-2002, 03:53 AM   #5  

The actual windsor pilates studio is right around the corner from my home and I've been taking sessions there for 6 months now. I can honestly tell you that pilates has been the key to reshaping my legs, butt, and abs. Definately worth a try!
Old 11-10-2002, 12:07 AM   #6  
Uber-Moderator!!

Ya know, I'm going to move this thread to the Exercise forum.

I wouldn't call workout videos 'scams' - rather, some are great, some aren't so great - it sounds more as though you want an opinion on the effectiveness of the workout...
Old 11-11-2002, 01:45 PM   #7  

Hey guys! I decided to order the tapes and have been doing them for a week now. I can already feel a change. I'm so glad that I bought them. Thanks for all your input!!
Amanda
Old 11-13-2002, 05:10 PM   #8  

I was just asking for opinions on this in another forum! I am glad I found the answers here as I just ordered the video's and was a little worried they might be another scam. So are they hard, easy, long, short???
Old 11-14-2002, 05:23 PM   #9  

Amber,

There are 3 tapes...the basic, which teaches you the 7 basic moves of Pilates. It's about 30 minutes and fairly easy. The 20 Minute workout is a little tougher and I can definitely feel a burn on that one. I've not tried the Advanced Sculpting tape yet, I'm going to do it this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

Amanda
Old 11-21-2002, 04:07 PM   #10  
Fighting the Krispy Kreme

Default Pilates Works

I have used Pilates before a really like it. It really, really works the ab area--every time I'm finished my stomach aches! But there is a definite change in the muscles.

I don't have the Windsor Pilates system, but have been considering buying it. If I do, I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:30 AM   #11  
Fat Burning Machine

Smile

I have the pilates performer. My mom bought it for me for christmas. I love it. It has been the key to shedding lbs for me. If you really love pilates, you should check into the perfomer. It is very easy to use. I feel very limber all day because of it. It workouts your whole body but works from your powerhouse,your stomach,so you get a whole body workout but your stomach gets such a great workout. I definetly love this product.
rachel
Old 03-07-2003, 10:41 AM   #12  
Fat Burning Machine

Smile

http://www.goodsanddeeds.com/554290.html

this is the one i have a love.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:09 PM   #13  
deleted2

I've been doing Pilates for a while and just recently got the Winsor videos and I love them! I would definitely recommend them. And to anyone just starting out, take it slow and don't expect to do it perfectly--you will improve! And the tapes have special instruction for beginners.

Almost forgot, the more consistently I do Pilates, the longer and leaner I look! Improves posture too!

Old 04-09-2003, 12:35 AM   #14  

Default I bought all of the videos from them...

If you do them three times or more a week you WILL see results. You MUST do them though. I have the three disc set then I added onto it the buns and thighs, upper body and abs and I do the buns and thight almost nightly. It is a little over 20 mins long, they all run that except the advanced one, it is about an hour. My workout is usually the 3 mile WATP DVD then two 20 min WInsor DVD's. THey are a strength builder and focus alot of your abs, aka the "Powerhouse" I know my posture has changed and I walk much taller and such that navel to my butt for sure with her help! The first week doing it I was flustered, then day seven I noticed my sking was tighter. Then my inches came off. I only too off 3lbs in 3 weeks, but my inches were down 9. I think that is success. If you have a lot to lose of course it come of quickly. I just want to lose 5-10 total and firm up. I am in my recc. weight so it is coming off SO SLOW! But I am firming up. I know my butt is as hard as a rock now!
Old 04-09-2003, 12:37 AM   #15  

Default I wanted to ad...

If you are on a budget ..Pilates for Dummies" is a very good Pilated workout video. You might want to make sure Pilates is for you first. Some people find it boring. If you think it is boring you need to think about the breathing because it requires some thought, so no one should ever be bored. :P
Closed Thread