Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-06-2011, 12:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW=195/CW=165/LW=147/GW=125

Default Finding a personal trainer?!?!

I am just wondering if there are any ways people have found personal trainers? I have lost about 40lbs on my own and need help losing the rest, toning up, and training for long distance running so I really want to get a personal trainer.

I know gyms sometimes have them; mine has 1 and he only does small informational basic group courses and I need much more in-depth training.

Is there a site or anything I can search?

Katie
ktw22689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I really don't know but here are some suggestions... Maybe you can ask the trainer at your gym to do some one-on-one training with you or ask him if he could recommend someone. Are there some CrossFit gyms in your area they are a lot of fun and the new rage in weight training...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #3  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Your doctor/doctor's office might be able to give you a referral. You could also check with an nutritionists, dieticians, or nutritional supplement stores in your area to see if they have contacts. Also, are there any colleges around you? The technical college near my house has a gym that offers personal training sessions for super cheap!
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #4  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Quite honestly you don't need a trainer. Look online at runners world and Hal Higdons training programs and you'll be on your way. There is tons of information out there and I know it can be overwhelming, but just look for a program that fits your lifestyle well. I used a hybrid of Hals program and another I found online as well as new rules of lifting for women to train Fro my half marathon and I felt more than prepared.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncuneo View Post
Quite honestly you don't need a trainer. Look online at runners world and Hal Higdons training programs and you'll be on your way. There is tons of information out there and I know it can be overwhelming, but just look for a program that fits your lifestyle well. I used a hybrid of Hals program and another I found online as well as new rules of lifting for women to train Fro my half marathon and I felt more than prepared.
So true, the internet has a lot of information... Just be careful on your form though and there are videos on you tube for that information also...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #6  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Is yelp in your area? I found my trainer that way...
xty is offline   Reply With Quote