South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/168/135

Height: 5'6"

Smile New to the Beach!

Hello! My name is Laura and I am on Day 2 of SBD. I have never done this "diet" before, but I know that it is a way that I can lose weight to begin with, and keep on eating this way all of the time afterwards. I love the Mediterranean feel to it and it includes my favorite foods! I do not have the book yet, but I am getting it on the way home from work. I have done Atkins and lost 30 lbs a few years ago, then I did Medifast and lost 50 lbs and gained 25 of it back because those diets were impossible to maintain. SBD seems like it will be a pleasure to indulge in every day! I am very excited to meet everyone here and look forward to gaining from everybody's experience!

jinx1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Jinx, I love your Avatar. South Beach truly is great. There are lots of great recipes here and posting your daily food on the "on plan" thread is a GREAT way to be accountable.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #3  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome.

What attracted me to SBD to begin with was the way it incorporates "normal" eating into the plan. I have always thought that diets that excluded things, or made you buy their food were not at all sustainable because you were not able to live and eat "normally". And lets think about that, if those "prepackaged" diets were sustainable, they would not be the big business that they are. They are COUNTING on you staying on them for life, or gaining weight back and coming back.

With SBD I just learned a new "normal". And while I on occasion find myself slipping back into old habits, I quickly rebound and FEEL so much better. That was my biggest motivator to stick with it, because I FELT so much better. Weight loss was just an added bonus
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:21 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Laura

I really enjoy SBD because it is sustainable for me long term. I love the high energy I have when I stay OP!

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Welcome! Nice to meet you.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Sustainable plus my husband loves the recipes from here as much as I do! Welcome!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

Welcome!!! My favorite part of the SBD is that my DH cooks dinner, and I can have what he makes, almost without exception. Beans, veggies, and lean meats rock - and feel very normal to me.

I also had a lot of success on Atkins, but transitioned off after a year because it was too difficult to constantly "find" foods I could eat. I've done WW with success as well, but always get to the point where I can't stand being hungry all the time.

I'm never hungry on SBD - it's just my love of beer and sweets that gets me in trouble
AmyKitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/168/135

Height: 5'6"

My problem has been beer, too! I have sworn off of it and have a bit of wine instead... much more Mediterranean!

I wish MY husband would cook for me!

Thank you all for the warm welcome! This is going to be fun!
jinx1969 is offline   Reply With Quote