Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Doing Insanity...am I insane??!!??

No sooner than I type this, I will be off this couch doing day 1 of the Insanity workout. Anybody also doing this or have done it in the past? I am very excited about it. I am tired of this big ball of fat in between my and my laptop!!
evry1smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I applaud you! I started P90X last summer and felt the same way- was I crazy? Just make sure you listen to your body. Take rest days if you need them, take more breaks at first during the videos if you need them. In my case, I pushed too hard too fast and got sick with a virus I couldn't get rid of (probably because I was exhausting myself working out harder than I was used to). I am now re-starting P90X but plan to work my way into it at my own pace and take rest-days as needed (I'll do yoga or something light on those days).
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #3  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

I did a few weeks of insanity with my sister, we were training together, but she got injured, so we switched to something else (moksha yoga) for a while. We're back to running now, and I'm doing some other DVDs. But I haven't forgotten about the Insanity program- I still want to do it. I'm traveling a lot the next 3 months so I'll probably wait until my travel schedule is clear before restarting.

I did 3 weeks, perfectly according to the schedule. The biggest problem I had with it was that my calves were killing me. It's a lot of plyometrics every day, make sure you have great shoes.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/199/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evry1smom View Post
No sooner than I type this, I will be off this couch doing day 1 of the Insanity workout. Anybody also doing this or have done it in the past? I am very excited about it. I am tired of this big ball of fat in between my and my laptop!!
So, how was it? I was thinking about doing this program myself.
KDuffer is offline   Reply With Quote