Old 11-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #1  

Default Eat to Live-Dr. Fuhrman 6 week challenge

Hi Everyone,
I am planning on doing ETL next weekend. I will be doing 6 weeks just to see what happens. I've been on Dr. McDougall diet and have lost some weight but I keep on backsliding eating SAD food. I am hoping with turning it up a notch with all the raw and cooked veggies will make a difference. Right now I am re-reading my Eat to Live book. Anyone like to join me?
thinby2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/241/140

When where you planing on starting? I'll start with you on Monday if you like. I have done ETL in the past and it really worked well for me. I have a lot to lose.
gggbdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #3  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 184/138/120

Height: Almost 5'2"

Is anyone still interested in doing this?! I've been doing horribly the last few months and need something like this to get me kickstarted again. I think I'll also pull out my copy and brush up and try and get started as soon as next week.
Bigknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #4  
Wannabe Loser

Well I know no one else replied but I thought I'd say that I am starting this today! If anyone wants to join me I'd love it
Old 12-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #5  

I'm new to the community, but I would love to do etl with you! I'm away at college for another week and a half so until then I may be doing a modified version. You can pm me and we could exchange email addresses
girlgetsfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 239/220/169

Height: 5' 9"

Default let's do it!

I just started E2L on Monday and am loving it! Have you guys started yet? Seems like I'm probably a week behind you, but that's ok. So far so good!
bossfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:16 AM   #7  
Wannabe Loser

I did start with my boyfriend on the 6th. We are doing pretty well! I suppose we are not doing it exactly perfect but pretty much sticking to it. I'm having a little honey with my teas, don't know if that's 'allowed', and some days I might have an extra serving of grains. But I'm not doing nuts and all of the other limited foods every day either so I think it is okay.

It does feel great doesn't it?! I love that I have so much more energy. The biggest thing I love though is no congestion I'm down 6 pounds since the first of this month too which is awesome
Old 12-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #8  

Thumbs up

Hey everyone,
I am so glad that there are people doing ETL! I am doing a modified version of it. I just get too hungry if I eat only 3 meals so I added some snacks. I try just to snack on fruit or veggies. Hope everyone is having a great day. Enjoy your salads.
thinby2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #9  
Wannabe Loser

I don't see why you shouldn't just eat when you are hungry, so I do. I do green smoothies and fruit in the mornings, then I switch to veggies and hummus usually in the afternoons, and then salad or veggies with beans and maybe a grain. Sometimes I do two grains in a day too. I also don't measure to see if I'm eating a pound of raw and fresh veggies, I just do how much I feel like I need and I know it is less, but still enough. I started out thinking I would do it all strict like, but I quickly realized that if I am too anal about it I will end up quitting. I'm just not going to get too loose with it!
Old 12-18-2009, 12:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 239/220/169

Height: 5' 9"

I am totally eating between meals. I actually somehow missed that "no snacking" part when I first read the 6-week plan, so I've just been eating veggies and fruits whenever I feel like it, and having beans and grains (with more veggies) at mealtimes. I've been trying to stick to the single cup of grains, but it was strangely hard yesterday and I definitely had more than a cup of potato at lunch. Oops!

I am also not hitting my pound of raw veggies, but I do what I can. I figure if more cooked veggies helps me stick to it, then it's worth it!

Does everyone weigh every day, or once a week, or never? I am trying not to weight myself until it's been about a week, so I'll probably do that tomorrow or Sunday. I'll update!
bossfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #11  
Wannabe Loser

I used to weigh every day but I'm doing my best to limit it to once or twice a week. Once a week for an 'official' number. Can't wait to see how it's going for you!
Old 12-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #12  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

How's it going for everyone I'm thinking of starting ETL on the first (after I'm finished all the not ETL friendly holiday parties)
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #13  
Wannabe Loser

Okay well I have to admit that I bombed on this last weekend. And I'm having trouble getting back into it. I'm still doing green smoothies and salad but the rest is definitely on plan! I hope everyone else is still doing good!
Old 01-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #14  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 193/193/133

Height: 5'3

Hey girls! I'm Stephanie and I just started the etl program yesterday. So far so good. I'm excited. I went to whole foods and man everything was expensive! But I bought a ton of stuff to get me through the week. I need to lose 60 pounds so we'll see how it goes.
LilMamiBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:53 PM   #15  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I started this diet a week before Thanksgiving...big mistake. Though staying on this diet has kept me from gaining too much over the holidays. gained 10 pounds on Thanksgiving week, Then lost it. Gained 7 pounds on the Christmas holidays. So far I only have 4 of Christmas weight to lose before I'm back on track.
This is basically a diet that makes you a Vegetarian. (Vegan for some people who take it a bit further) So I'm setting a goal for myself to stick to this diet for more than three weeks. I haven't gone more than 3-4 days without meat, but it's a slow processes. I have gone longer without processed food and that alone had made me feel so much better. Almost like a detox.
This is my Hmm 4 or 5th day without meat. I feel great, not hungry at all. I'm making yummy meals that fill me up full of whole grains and veggies. I eat 3 pieces of fruit everyday, I'm trying to up it to 4 a day.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote