Southside White Sox Fan

Default Weekly Chat - Monday, January 3, 2011 through Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Week.....New Pages!!!!!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Vickie for the new pages.

Not much new here, except some new motivation to control food intake better. I'm aiming to lose 40 pounds this year.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

I have a doctor's appointment after lunch. I'll tell ya'll more about it when I find out what's going on. I passed out at church yesterday. Someone called 911. 911 folks said I had hypoglycemia and need to be checked for diabetes. Thought this was interesting as I have been dessert/sugar-free for 208 days. I'm on Day 209 now. But then hypo means low sugar I think.

Last edited by ontarget; 01-03-2011 at 12:42 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #4  

OK, we're waiting to hear!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

I should have waited to post anything. Won't know anything till tomorrow afternoon at the earliest as I'm scheduled for brain scan, chest x-ray, and labwork tomorrow afternoon. I'm optimistic and not too worried since I'm walking and talking all right. Still am thinking it's just hypoglycemia. My doctor is just wanting to rule out other stuff.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:24 PM   #6  

Smile Are you accepting new members to this thread?

Hello, all!

I am wondering if you are accepting mew members to this thread? I had good success in the past using the Core program, but got lazy and did not stick with it. Now I want to get back on track. I investigated the new points plus plan, but I like to keep it simpler. I have quite a bit to lose, so I'm looking for something sensible that I can live with. I think the Core program fits the bill!
NYPat
NYPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

NYPat, it's good to see you here. Just hop in and start posting. We'd love to get to know you better.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #8  

Smile Thanks, Ontarget!

Well,let me tell you about myself. I am 51 yrs. old, married to a wonderful man for 28 yrs. I have 2 sons, age 20 and 22. I live in Western New York, in a very rural area. About 3 yrs. ago, we bought a small family farm (17 acres). We are working on getting some animals (goats, maybe a pig or two). I have 25 chickens--about 10 of them are laying now. I work at a local hospice.
I have quite a bit of weight to lose. About one year ago, I joined the local Curves, so I do exercise regularly, but I think I will do better on the Core program if I give ( and get) support!
I would love to know more about you folks, too!
Thanks for having me!

Pat
NYPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #9  

NYPat

I'm Rhonda (Tejas), cousin by marriage to "ontarget" AKA "Sandra."

I'm 65, married, retired, living in NC Texas, in a mid-sized city. I'm the local exercise nut, almost one year into weight lifting and killer exercises. It's not moving my weight much, but if you need furniture moved, I'm your woman.
Also, I've been tap dancing so look for me on You Tube soon!

I've got a goal to lose 40 pounds this year. We'll see if I can do it. I eat mostly Core, but we're free wheeling here...with lots of support for whatever our members decide to do.

Rhonda
Old 01-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies! I hope you all had wonderful Holidays. I'm trying to remember how long its been since I've posted. I did great last year on my fitness pal dot com - I got down past my goal and maintained it most of the year. I did gain back 5 pounds since early November and I'm now back to counting calories. My niece is doing WW again and I'm intrigued by the new program. I'm going to count calories for a couple weeks and see if I can get back on track. If no, I may join WW on line again.

I have missed you all and the support you all provide. Its nice to see familiar names still here. I hope you don't mind me jumping back into things!!

Take care, looking forward to reconncecting. I need to go back and see what's been going on with you all.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #11  

Sandra...I am worried about what is going on with you ..let us know when you get results...

Pam..welcome..we have a bit in common. My boys are 18 & 20 and we bought land last year to retire & farm on. I want to have animals & grape vines & chickens .. We have to get my hubby well first from Acute Leukemia but he is doing well at the moment.

Robin and I have had a great day. He feels good and has been in a great mood so we have talked, watched TV, and enjoyed our time today. We are dreaming of that farm someday and all the things we want to do when he is well. One thing I could get used to is that I wake up at the hospital with him and pick up the phone and order breakfast for us and it is delivered 30 minutes later.
The Chemo side effects are even better today

Night
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey Paula! It's awesome to see you here. How have you been? We've missed you!

Welcome Pat. I've been posting here for almost three years, and I love these ladies! Although I don't have a large amount of weight to lose, I still struggle a lot I am starting Points Plus tomorrow, and my goal is to lose about 15 pounds by summer.

Rhonda, I did a ten minute pilates core work out this morning and thought about you the entire time. I am horrified to say that I cannot do some of the moves, and I chose a program that did not seem overly strenuous. You are my hero! I have got, got, got to get myself in shape, and I plan to focus on your success to deep me going.

Sandra, I'll bet you scared Curtis to death! I hope all of your tests are perfectly normal. Let us know as soon as you hear.

Nancy, I'm so glad to hear that Robin has had a good day. It's good that the chemo side effects are getting better. I'm still praying for you daily

Vickie, thanks for starting us up. How are you?

Hey to the rest of you chickies!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #13  

Hey Paula, welcome back, and congratulations for your weight loss...I look forward to more posts from you.

Good to hear that you and Robin had a good day today, Nancy.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #14  

Sloan, we were posting at the same time. Try this one: Side plank and hold for a count of five, then switch to prone position, hold for five, then to the other side, holding for five. Do this as long as possible. You can do it.

The plank is a good one, and just hold for as long as you can, gradually adding more time. It is not necessarily to hold for more than a minute.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:46 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Pat, I'm almost 64 years old and live on 5 acres in the country in NC Texas less than 100 miles from my favorite cousin, Rhonda. I'm not into exercise but do spend a lot of time flinging arrows. My husband and I compete in archery championships around the nation. I am currently doing Points Plus eating mostly CORE foods. I also go to Overeaters' Anonymous. I have been a member here for several years. Ladies here are more than weightloss companions. They are dear friends.

I forgot to add that I'm planning to lose about 30 more pounds. That would still have me above Weight Watcher's goal but I would be inline with the goal my doctor set for me.

Let me welcome you again. I am looking forward to getting to know you better.

Nancy, I am glad Robin is doing well and am praying you get to get back to work on building your dreams.

Sloan, you and Rhonda get the prize for exercising. I'm impressed.

Paula, it's so good to see you back here. Congratulations on getting below your goal. I am so happy for you.

Rhonda, your arms are amazing. I was thinking about them the other day while I was looking at mine in the mirror. Talk about waving!!! I need a longsleeved swimsuit if I decide to go swimming.

I probably shouldn't have posted about my tests till they were completed. I really am not too worried and am thinking I have hypoglycemia.