Old 01-03-2011, 03:46 AM   #1  
It's ME!

Default Aussie Chicks 2011

A new thread for a new year, hope you'll all join me here!

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:58 AM   #2  
It's ME!

Happy new year Aussie Chicks! Sorry to hear you're not well Gen that sucks. Well done on the .3kg though - as you say, a loss is a loss!

Your resolutions sound good Vonni Great to hear positive plans!

I'm starting my new year off booze free. Eek! I'd like to do a month just to show myself that I can but who knows how long I'll last. At the very least I want to stop drinking during the week. All that wine is delicious but really just more calories that I don't need. I've stocked up on soda water and as it's been scorching hot today I've been enjoying it with ice, lemon and a sprig of mint.

Other than that I've finally started on my running training as I need to be able to run for a decent length of time when it comes to starting my half marathon training. 3 days into the new year and I've been for a wee jog each day - 20 mins on the first 2 and managed 25 mins tonight. Just starting off slowly and looking to build up speed and endurance.

Read "Frence Women Don't Get Fat" last week and that was interesting. The theory is basically quality over quantity, don't eat unconsciously - sit down at a table to eat rather that in front of the telly, eat whatever you want but don't overdo portions. Some of it I thought was hooey (like eating nothing but leek soup for 2 days when you get started!!) but a lot made sense and it's given me stuff to think about.

Still going through lots of tough emotions with the breakup and am realising more than ever that I need to focus on looking after myself because if I don't nobody else will.

So for me, 2011 is going to be about regaining my confidence and my independence and getting fit and fabulous again

Hope to see everyone posting here regularly - lets help keep eachother motivated!!

Old 01-03-2011, 06:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Woohoo - happy 2011! Can't be worse than 2010 so I am hopeful haha!!

Finishing TTOTM took another 300g so I'm at 85.9kg for my first official Monday weigh in of 2011.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:10 AM   #4  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Hi all! I am Vanessa and I yoyo and have been trying to lose weight forever. I have had success over the years. In 1999, I got to my ideal weight with Lite'n Easy. Over the years I ballooned out of control. In 2009, I joined Jenny Craig and also had success. I was at my current weight when I started and over 6 month I lost 11kg. But I found the food expensive. Four weeks before Christmas a Weightwatchers opened up outside my son's swimming school and there was a WW meeting at the same time as his swimming lesson. So I walked into WW. I havent tried WW before. I am thinking since I plan my meals. I choose and research what the foods point value is. I will have some success and I will be able to control what I do. The previous "diets" were all done for me. I didnt control what I was eating.

But I know how hard it is to lose weight and I have a lot to lose. I need daily motivation. I feel for you Littlekiwi. I separated from my husband 5 years this february and I still feel the pain. Just when I think I am coping life takes another turn. The recent is my son's dad wants more custody. When we separated in 2006. I gained full custody. He started going out with a high school friend in Feb 10, and wanted his son to be part of his life again. They married in Dec 10 and this week is my son's first week away from me ever. It is so hard I have been up and down on the scales the last few weeks due to the anxiety, depression and emotional eating. I lost 1.4kg 2 weeks ago, and Christmas Day I was sooo good, I even exercised for an hour, but then the next 3 days I felt sad at my son going to my dad's and ate every chocolate given to me for Christmas and put on 1kg, my next weigh in. My son has been gone for 4 days and I was feeling depressed, I didnt leave the house for 4 days. Today I got up, had a shower, planned my breakfast, and my day, and I am back on track again.
I need to be strong for myself and my son. Not give into to eating for the sake of eating. Tonight I had 6 PP left and I had tomato on toast with a Caramel Latte. I am feeling good.

I need a support network and I will be there for you too. I am hoping for a lighter 2011. I have custody battles at the end of this month and I want to feel strong emotionally.

So my 2011 starting weight is 127.1kg. Can't weight to lose the kilos with myself controling the weight loss.
mumtoliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #5  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Welcome Vanessa. And Happy New Year to you . I've done the WW thing and yes it can work. I just got to lazy. Sry to hear of yr break up with usband. They are hard. I went from a 10 yr marriage into a relationship and that broke down after 7 years. Children to both relationships. But I am getting through day by day.

Julia your jogging is coming along awesomely (is that even a word? lol) And good for you about making the decision to regain yr confidence. I think sometimes in the bigger sense of things we lose sight of who we are.

On a brighter note - 2010 was a crap year for me weight wise and well u other girls know the rest. But guess what..... I met a man lol.

And Gen I know you are going to absolutely flip at me knowing the polotics of our jobs but yes he is from work lol. So technically I had already met him. But we hooked up NYE (no not to much alcohol involved but I thought stuff it, can't hurt). And saw each other again last evening. And seeing each other again Wednesday lmao.

Good thing he is on some time off from work at the moment. As we'd like to keep things discreet. And no strings or expectations. I have told him for me it's a bit of fun only. He's happy with that. Even better cause he is moving away in a few weeks for a couple of months. So we both know where we stand. I am thinking it is great cause it might give me some more incentive to lose weight.

BUT I only ate once yesterday and after a lot of exercise mowing the lawn and about 7 litres of water I have woken this morning with bad belly. grrr. All that water has flushed me out haha. Overdosed on it I am sure.

I put on over a kilo during the xmas break, so my plan started already. Though our gym is closed till 4th January (oh dear thats today lol) I have been working out at home in the garage.

Anyhow enough rambling. I was up till 3am and have things to do. Have to pick up my son and he is 2 hours away. How on earth am I going to survive.
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Ooh exciting - another nurse? I'm glad one of us is getting some cause I sure aren't!
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #7  
It's ME!

Vonni I reckon your bad belly is punishment for only eating once in a day - that's naughty!!! Anyway ... tell us about this man of yours! Good on you for having some fun.

Welcome to Vanessa Sounds like you're going through a tough time, sorry to hear that. I'm sure it'll get better though and we'll be here to support with the weight loss journey! I've done weight watchers and had great success. Unfortunately I stopped counting points and stopped going to meetings and the weight all came back on again. I do believe it's a great program though and gives excellent results so good luck to you!

Today is my last day off work, back into it tomorrow. Boohoo! I wasn't feeling 100% so stayed in bed until nearly 2pm and then forced myself to get up. Might nip down to the shops just to get out of the house and I need to think about what I'm going to take to work for lunch tomorrow too.

My main goal today will be to move. I've already done 3 runs this week so my goal for tonight is to go for a walk, even if it's just 20 minutes around my local area.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:21 AM   #8  
Am I a senior too?

Gen he is a wardie at work, and also qualified in remedial massage. Works privately doing that. And my GOD he is good. though my muscles on the left feel bruised cause he really got into the knots. But guess what.... i'm so much looser around the neck and shoulder and feel fantastic. maybe i can get a few more massages in before he leaves to ease my migraines.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:23 AM   #9  
Am I a senior too?

oh and Julia??? Yeah and the once was a bloody meat pie. soooo not great for the belly OR the ulcer
Old 01-04-2011, 03:23 AM   #10  
No excuses this time!

Hi everyone! Can't wait to get to know more about you all. I had a 'me' day today. Hopped on the exercise bike this morning. Then after breakfast and a shower went to a friend's house and finally got to do some sewing. I havent touched my sewing machine since May last year. I have got to a great point in a quilt I am making. Just got two borders to put on then it will be ready for hand appliquing and quilting. Feels good.

I also splurged tonight and cooked garlic prawns for one for dinner. Will enjoy a walk in a moment before it gets too dark. My son rings me at 7pm and I am feeling happy having heard his voice. Off to grab the ipod and take in my surroundings. Will check in tomorrow and comment more.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:23 AM   #11  
Am I a senior too?

yummo Ness @ garlic prawns. You'll have to post some pics of the quilt when yr done. I havent touched my machine in about 6 years lol. I think it would need a service before i can use it again
Old 01-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #12  
It's ME!

Gosh I can't believe it's 5 months already Gen that's crazy! I'd agree with your thinking of taking your gear to work and go before you get home and have time to relax.

Your ME day sounds nice Vanessa. I think it's important to have days like that Garlic prawns sound good too!!

Vonni ... tut tut tut bad eating Mrs!!

As for me, I managed a 20 minute walk last night just as it was beginning to rain. Today it's pouring down so unless it clears I won't be able to go for a run tonight which is a pain.

It's really hard with my ex still living with me but unfortunately there's no other option at the moment so I'm trying to find a way of dealing with it. He's agreed not to see anyone else while he's living with me and I really hope he sticks to that promise as it would do my head in if he didn't.

We've also got a houseful with my sister and her family visiting and I've had to give up my bedroom so I feel a bit lost at home and have got no personal space to relax in at the moment.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:58 PM   #13  
It's ME!

Woohoo sexxxy lady!! You're looking HOT Gen!

The weather has cleared so fingers crossed it'll stay that way! My plan is to get changed and go for a jog as soon as I get home from work.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:50 AM   #14  
It's ME!

Well it started raining again the minute I left work but yay for me, I went jogging anyway. Walked for 5 mins then jogged for 30 mins and walked again for 5.

Talk about the tortoise and the hare. I have figured out that I actually walk faster than I jog! HA
Old 01-05-2011, 07:42 AM   #15  
No excuses this time!

Little Kiwi - I feel for you! I crave the minutes when my son goes to bed sometimes. I can't imagine what you are going through at the moment.

I lost 0.8 kg this week. Went to WW and weighed in. Usually I do it Monday but it has been a public holiday, and last week as well so I wanted it to be a full week. I will weigh in my usual day next week.

Anyway, in a bid to reward myself, I got dolled up and went out for dinner and the movies with my friends tonight. I had a surf and turf with vegies. Not a entirely bad choice will track it in a moment and see if it was a good choice or not.

I also wore a perfume that I havent worn in years YSL Paris. I bought it just before Christmas for myself. It sounds silly but when I smelt myself I remember the fun times and how I felt when I wore it last. It was in 1999, just before I met my husband, and looking back that was the best year in my life. I had plans to go to Mauritius and the UK whilst the Sydney Olympics were on, there were some good deals around the time. Anyway I met my husband in the Feb of 2000, and decided around June that I didnt want to waste my "savings" on travel and buy a house instead. I haven't visited both places yet either.

Its funny cause after this, I started wearing fragrances that my ex liked more. But Paris is my fragrance. I chose this. I think I want to travel again.

Reality kills the dream though. I have my son and a mortgage, and there is not much left out of the pay packet lately to save for such extravagances. Plus there is house maintenance and the kitchen will need renovating and my car is getting old... If only...

Last edited by mumtoliam; 01-05-2011 at 07:53 AM. Reason: a typo