Old 01-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Happy New Year January thread

Good morning and welcome to 2011.

I am back and back on plan. Had a great Christmas with family in Denver and now looking forward to some down time for hiking, cycling (if the weather ever cooperates) and eating on plan.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I haven't been doing as well as I had hoped considering I'm just trying to take baby steps. I find I'm getting bored in the evenings and resorting to the sweets I was so proud that I wasn't eating. At least I'm keeping the portions reasonable.

Hubby's normal days off are Sun and Mon so he's at work today. I usually clean house on Sat. We bought a steam floor cleaner so I get to try that out today. We have hardwood and tile floors. I've heard good things about them, and this one got good reviews.

I did 45min or cardio yesterday and hope to get in an hour of cardio/weights today after cleaning.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Happy New Year Everybody. I'm going to try and eat well this weekend but my official "start date" to clean eating will be on Monday. I'm writing out a "plan" today.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi everyone! Are we considering this the Accountability/Chat thread? Love that we already have some of us posting!

I am really looking forward to getting back to ordinary eating. My stomach has not been happy with some of my choices lately. I committed to making a baked spaghetti for an early supper today for fiance and our friends and then appetizers/munchies for our bowl game tonight. I am not looking forward to it (even though I love all of these things) and already bought some Mylanta to take....all the rich food on Christmas Eve did not sit well and I am planning ahead! Eating healthier like I've been doing for the past year, it is truly difficult to fit in so much eating! Yesterday I took my younger son for a late lunch, knowing that we would have munchies for New Year's Eve. I really wasn't all that hungry by the time munchies were ready but ate it anyway.....along with a small bottle of wine. It has been hard to get all of my water in when I am at home, too. So I am really looking forward to having a regular food schedule again.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Happy New Year!!!

I am cleaning out my fridge today--gonna toss the junk and make a list of good stuff to restock it. After that, the pantry. I have to do something--I feel yucky from eating wrong the past couple months (potlucks and holiday treats and Christmas dinner and desert and sharing edible presents...too much!).

I am also going to get some time in exercising--got a new game for the Wii that I'm looking forward to.

I don't make resolutions--I make goals, because goals require plans, and deadlines. So, my goal for 2011 is to lose 40 pounds by exercising daily, cutting out the high glycemic index/glycemic load foods, counting calories, and posting daily (mostly) to this forum to get support and be held accountable.

Wishing you all a wonderful 2011.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #6  

Oh, my! It is COLD outside today with a capital "K"! Just got back from a walk to the grocery store, about 2 miles round trip I think and the wind is frigid. Waiting for hot water to make some Lady Grey's Garden tea that my daughter bought us from the tea house in Boulder while we were there. And it is almost time for my first meal of the new year. What we laughingly call a ham taco. Thin shaved ham on a dry pita bread. Filling and low cal, but not very exciting. I eat 3 mini meals a day plus a larger dinner-just an FYI for anyone I don't know. It will be a shock to my system to eat small again.

Penguin-sounds like you have a pretty good system and a plan and are already in exercise mode. Nice work!

Zumba-hi there! I don't think I've met you yet, but I joined your Valentine's challenge.

Annie-I really LOVE your newest picture! You are GORGEOUS! How is your son doing now? The one in college? When I was here before, you weren't very happy with his grades. it happens a lot the first year, so hopefully he can settle down and do the work now.

Kitteh-clean my fridge too? Actually, there isn't much in it right now since we were out of town. I agree about the resolutions...plans work better and seem to stick and resolutions seem to be tailor made for breaking.

ime for that tea. It smells awesome. My newest favorite.

Barb
Old 01-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #7  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I did my 60min cardio/weights. Yay for me! Got to start dinner. Hubby is pacing around and the dog is staring at me!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #8  

Today was my last "hurrah" ...back on the wagon tomorrow. The party is definitely over but I look forward to being and feeling healthy again!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, all.

I didn't get as much done yesterday as I had hoped--I was tired and teh kittehs needed teh cuddles.

But--I avoided the no-no foods (my lizard brain, like a toddler, needs to be addressed in simple, concrete terms) and I'm down a pound this morning.

I know, probably water weight, but still--it feels good to be going that direction instead of the other.

And today is another opportunity to succeed.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #10  

Kittehmomma...any change in the right direction is a good change, even one pound. Have you ever seen a pound of butter or a pound of lard? Who needs that attached to their body?

My weigh in today was scary. Have not weighed this much in a year. So happy that kids are going back to school tomorrow and I am going back to work. Routine will help me eat better. Trying hard to be optimistic about the New Year.

I'm clearing the fridge and buying some healthy food today to help me keep up my low carb lifestyle.

A
Old 01-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #11  

Good morning. It's practically tropicl here today...23 degrees. YIKES! I'll go on my walk anyhow. And try 5 girly situps. I stayed on plan perfectly yesterday. One whole day is a start. Lots more to go. One day at a time. For dinner, we had chicken which I cooked in the crock pot with broth, cumin, cardamom, allspice, garam masala and turmeric. I ate mine with quinoa over a huge pile of spinach and topped it all off with some apple/honey salsa. Yum! Same thing again tonight.

Kitteh-keep going. Chase the cats faster! A pound is a pound and eventually if you do the right things, it will stick. Better a hair down than a big number up! I think just staying away from the junk food is such a big help!

Zumba-Can't wait for you to be on your plan too. You are all over the exercise part! And clearing out the junk from the fridge will be a big help.

I am SO GLAD to be back. 3FC was such a huge help last year for my first poundage. I was ashamed to not be perfectly on plan even though I was maintaining pretty well. Made it difficult to come here and post about the garbage I was eating. Even when I plan for junk, I think I will stick around next time. It's a lot more important than I realized. My apologies to everyone....

Barb
Old 01-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #12  

Angels, never be ashamed...WE have all been there....I know that I have. I used to eat in my car so that noone would see me eating junk. Talk about shame......but what is importan is that you are back here logging and trying ....we're all in this together!!!!!!!

Definitely not getting enough veggies in today.......will make a huge salad for dinner.....back to my low carb lifestyle and not a moment too soon. No workout for me, my knees are bothering me and I teach two classes tomorrow so I"m resting up....
Old 01-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #13  

Thanks, Zumba! I don't feel bad about going off plan. It was great to visit my family and do our traditional food stuff. But it was wrong of me to just bail out on the forum and disappear and then pop back in like I was never gone...summertime is difficult for me to do anything but work, but the rest of the year there is no excuse for not at least showing up to lend support.

Anyhow, I am still perfectly on plan today and did my walk and did those 5 girly pushups. And when I stay on plan, I lose weight. Simple. I always hope when I get done, I can be an inspiration to someone else. Or maybe along the way by sharing what has worked for me and how I've made progress and simpls NSV things. The lessons and tools of others have always inspired me!

Barb
Old 01-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #14  
Losing 100 lbs in 2011

S/C/G: 273/new/173

Height: 5'9

Ok I'm new to this I am lookig for the boards for people that NEED to lose more than 100 pounds. I want to start the year with others in the same boat so we can support one another. I am also interested in knowing how to get the cool goal weight lines at the bottom of many posts. HELP!
MyJourneybacktoMe201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #15  

hi Journey, I believe there is a forum for those that need to lose more than 100 lbs although you are very welcome here....you need to wait 20 days and have 20 posts before you get to put on a signatureat the bottom.