Old 12-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #245 Bale of Turtles Being Happy!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistemnt manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:41 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I've been doing my best, but now I think I need to plan meals beforehand because I find myself looking for BLT's, counting them in----but that's not going to help me lose weight. My goal is to lose one more pound between now and Christmas. I know I can do it. I just have to do it!

Best wishes to all. Lin, our founder and original Turtle, and Lauren, our supporter from way back------I wish both of you a joyous Christmas and a Happy New Year. Chime in when you can to let us know how you're doing.

Let's all have a good on program day!
Judy
234.6/188.2/thinner into the 170's!
Old 12-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #3  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

I hit my 15% loss goal today Turtles! I hope everyone else is doing well.

One of the books I picked up at the library this week was a real winner - I mentioned to DH that it would make a wonderful Christmas gift! It's one of the Company's Coming series "Healthy in a Hurry". All the recipes are quick and simple to prepare and have all the NI listed to figure out PP. I know it's a Canadian series, but I thought I'd mention it anyways in case you can find it in the US!

Judy: I know you can do it too!
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:40 PM   #4  
Chick

Peanutt, :
Wow and weigh to go! To lose weight at this time of year is great! Continued good work. Thanks for the book tip.
Judy
Old 12-19-2010, 06:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone and happy Sunday to you all. It has been a crazy busy weekend with no end in sight but I wanted to jump online quick before I get into the shower and the day begins.

Food is bad for me right now and exercise is worse. I am going to try and get into WW this week sometime to join up and get the new info so that I have it and can get started, I think that the new focus will help right now it is a time issue or lack of time that is giving me a hard time. I don't think I ever remember a time that I have had so much going on but I think we all have those times and it is just something that I need to learn to deal with... no excuses!

Judy: I feel your pain... I am thrilled that you and DH are so close and celabrate the seasons with such passion!

Bandit: You go girl! You are doing great and I am so happy for you! Your plan for holiday shopping sounds great, I need to get a plan LOL - because I feel like the holidays are running me over at this point. I had a plan... not sure what happened to it... giggle, giggle

Peanut: Congrats! you are doing great! Keep at it and you will be in onederlad before you know it!

To all that are doing great a huge congrats!

To all that are struggling - you are not alone! But we can not quit... we just have to keep at it and one day it will click!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, keep up your good work. You've got it all together! :

Peanutt, continued success to you. Yeah---I like Princess's comment about onederland. My life got so happy when I reached onederland@

Princess,
you've had parties and dinners, you had a baby shower, sounds like you are uber busy with your boys and their lives, you had drop in company, you painted your walls, managed to get new furniture in, AND redid your whole bathroom which required you to stay overnight somewhere else for a night or two. Throw in a stray dog, God bless you, and extra heavy stress at work. Hmmmm, I guess that qualifies you as being busy. I'm very glad you are going to join WW's. What I have found is that they give you all the pamphlets up front at joining. They are comprehensive. It isn't difficult at all to me. It's just different. My leader even said if you are full and eating under your points, that's okay. With the power foods, I tend to be fuller than I used to be. I also have tried hard to limit myself to three pieces of reduced calorie bread a day because that works for me. The lovely part is that if you're hungry, you can have fruit for a snack and it's zero points. I really like fruit, so that helps me. Oh---didn't mean to go on and on. But I think this will be the click you're looking for.

In the meantime today my whole family is gathering at the movies to see Tron. It's in 3-D and should be a lot of fun. then they'll come back here for dinner. I'm making something new that I haven't tried, so I hope we like it. It's pork tenderloin, drained and rinsed sauerkraut, ketchup and 1/2can of Diet Coke in a slow cooker. It's supposed to taste like BBQ. My friend made it with country style spare ribs----I'm substituting the much more lean pork tenderloin, so I hope it's still good. I'll make mashed potatoes w/ ff sour cream instead of butter, and skim milk. If I add a dash of garlic or dill the potatoes will still be tasty. Yum. The challenge is to avoid the theater popcorn. I'll get a huge diet coke and bring an apple. Boy, it helps to see my plan on paper!

You all have a great day! I hope it warms up a bit for everyone.
Best wishes!!!!!
Judy
234.6/188.2/170's and thinner
Old 12-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hope everyone is well. Well today was weigh in day. I gained 2# . But I am getting adjusted to our cold weather. Have a good day everyone.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #8  
Chick

Life4evr, you're going through tough times. To gain 2# right now is not the end of the world. I'm sending you : and some to help you. Let's all get through the holidays, do the very best we can, and start losing this weight again. You know we can do it!

On a positive note from me, it looks like I may have lost a pound after all. Oh, that would be so great. I'm bringing string cheese and an apple to the movies. Will buy a Diet Coke, and dinner will be waiting in the crock pot when we return. The kids are coming back to the house and that should be festive.
Happy Days Everybody.
Judy
234.6/188.2/thinner and working toward goal!
Old 12-19-2010, 03:02 PM   #9  

Still here ladies just keeping extra busy. I need to get myself a calculator for the new ww system. That way i can figure out how many points i would get and also the new points for different foods. Just have to wait till I have the extra money on hand to get one.

Is everyone on here doing the new WW system or sticking with the old one. I know there were a few ladies doing something else all together.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Sounds like you are all keeping extra busy right now & enjoying yourselves along the way. Nice to hear.

Judy - your dinner sounds great. I made the ketchup/diet coke sauce over chicken & turned out very good, so enjoy!

Pretty much finished my shopping yesterday, now just have to get it wrapped which I am planning on starting this evening while watching TV.

Lets all have a great week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:01 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone and a very happy Monday to you all. It is a bit warmer here this morning but they are calling for sleet and or snow basically this whole week so it should be interesting, I am just glad that we did not make holiday travel plans this year. I am putting in extra time today thru Thursday to make up for having Friday off and will do the same next week for the New Years holiday.

I managed to all but finish the hat that I am knitting for DH, I have to get to class on Wednesday night to truly finish it as I need to purchase the double points and have the teacher show me how to close it but at least it is done.

Judy: thanks so much for the encouragment, it means a lot to me. I am eager to get to WW to get the new material and get started as I am just not even comfortable in my own skin lately. I hope that you enjoyed your time with your family - how was the movie?

Bandit: Congrats on finishing the shopping, that is a major accomplishment this time of year... I am not there yet, had hoped to be but will have a few more trips to make before I can call it done.

Cherry: I am in the same boat as you are really, I need to rejoin to get the material but hope to get in there this evening actually since all of the other evenings this week are filled up for me.

Life: I have had a rough time adjusting to the cold too this year for some reason, my skin is so dry and my allergies are kicking my butt ugh - crazy!

Peanut: How are you doing?

Have a great day all!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #12  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, way to go! You're doing great. I really think you'll like the new approach at WW's. Sometimes I know all I need is a *change* and this change suits me.

Don't get me wrong, guys-----the weight isn't falling off me. LOL. But I did see a drop in weight, I'm under 190# and plan to stay there. Having the sauerkraut last night probably did my salt/water retention in because I'm up 1 1/2#-----but I think that's temporary. The good news is I got to the movie and didn't eat popcorn or candy. Tron was fun. It was in 3-D and entertaining. The best part was glancing over and seeing my 6year old grandson with huge 3-D glasses on his face enjoying the movie. We all headed back to our house for dinner. The pork tenderloin was super tender----couldn't even slice it so I made it pulled pork. I made a quick mashed potatoes to go with it----used a wedge of Laughing Cow Lite/Blue Cheese version and lots of dill with just a bit of ff milk. Yummy and I avoided all the butter calories.

Okay-----I'm wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
Let's all make an effort to do our best! We're worth it.

Judy
234.6/188.2/thinner into 170's
Old 12-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #13  
Chick

Oh----I almost forgot----if you're looking for a super easy low point+ dessert here is one:

New Lemon Mousse
1 pkg.instant ff sf lemon pudding
8oz. container Lite Cool Whip (thawed)
2 cups ff milk

Make the instant pudding. Fold in the Cool Whip. Chill. If you have a tiny bit ,1/10th. of the mixture, it is only 2 points+. I put it in a glass bowl and topped it with sliced strawberries. Easy and yummy. Of course you could use any instant ff sf pudding flavor that appeals to you. I saw pistacio the other day and that set my mind racing too.

Regards----Judy
Old 12-21-2010, 07:30 AM   #14  

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! It snowed in the night... only about 4 inches but it made for a messy drive into work this morning. DH and I have his Holiday party to go to tonight so that should be fun. I was up late last night making more cookies since I need to take a cookie tray to the party. I am eager for Friday to get here! A day off from work is a lovely thing - LOL - Ugh, all the running, etc is wearing me down.

Is everyone ready for Christmas? I have a few more things to get but will finish up at some point in the next day or two and hopefully not have to leave the house on Christmas Eve Day so that I can get the house cleaned up and the gifts wrapped. Still waiting for a bunch of them to get delivered - really praying that they make it in time. They are calling for snow for our area on Christmas eve day and Christmas day so that will be wonderful!

Judy: Your supper sounds yummy! I will have to try that recipe. So glad the new plan is clicking for you... I am aiming for Thursday evening at the latest to get to WW and rejoin. I don't think they are having a TOPS meeting this week so that would work for me.

Bandit: How are you doing? Have you and your DD made any plans for the holiday?

Have to run but have a great day all!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Judy - your dessert sounds really good, will try that over the holidays.

Princess - glad you are getting things done and hoping you like the new WW plan. I am waiting til the New Year to make changes in that department.
Have to get physced up for all that. My dd will be home for a few days over the holidays & some of her friends drop by and I have family up Christmas eve for a get together. Then we are going to my moms for Christmas dinner,
then movie day on boxing day.

Tonight I have my ladies social group Christmas dinner at a chinese restaurant, so that will be challenging. On Thurs we have my work potluck.

Any ideas for office potluck? If hot - something that can be microwaved.

All - hope you are having fun getting ready for the big day!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote