South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-29-2010, 06:05 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2

Post Starting again...

Hey there, have been of the wagon for 3 weeks. Have only gained back around 1kg but going to my old eating habits (eating for comfort even though im full and feel sick) is back and it worries me that i will lose control of what i have managed to achieve.

My question is do you think it would be ok to do phase 1 type meals apart from having a small portion of oats at breakfast? Will have effect things much?

Thanks and hope you have all had a wonderful christmas and are getting ready for the new year :-)
cassrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #2  
Beautiful Underneath

S/C/G: 220/211.8/110

Height: 5'4''

I would classify that as phase 1.5 and it's good to do! Since you've been off for 3 weeks I would recommend sticking to a strict phase 1 so you don't fall into more cravings. I have a similar situation where I was off so I am doing the phase 1 strictly. I was literally just having bad cravings for something off the plan but I came on here to catch my bearings.

Best of luck to you!
Bellissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:57 PM   #3  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I am right there with ya.
I am honestly really shocked/scared about how easy it has been to slip back into old habits! Being sick and stressed and tired does not help.

The holidays got my schedule all out of whack!

I think that 1.5 would be fine, but it would probably be best to stick with a strict P1 for at least a few weeks.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Welcome back 'on the wagon' cassrose. A lot of us are in the same place right now, getting back on plan after the holidays.

You know your body best, have you been craving the junk foods or just eating them because they've been around? If you're struggling with cravings phase 1 is the way to go. If you've just gotten lazy about eating on plan but aren't struggling with cravings then your plan should work fine.

Personally, I rarely go back to a full phase 1 for more than a day or two. I'm lucky and rarely struggle with real cravings - for me my 'cheats' are almost always choices that I make with my eyes wide open. I use phase 1 as a way to get my head back in the right place and a day or two does that for me. I feel like I get the same results and feel better when I have my steel cut oats for breakfast and ph 1 lunches, dinners and snacks the rest of the day.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #5  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

If you fell off the plan for that long and are having craving issues, I would want to do Phase I with no oats, at least for a few days to a week. Otherwise, your food issues may not be resolved.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #6  

Thanks for all the comments, i think im going to stick with have oats for breakfast then eat phase 1 food for the rest of the day.

Hope you all manage to get back on track too, its so hard with all the yummy food around tempting me.

Happy new years and all the best for 2011 :-)
Old 01-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #7  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Good luck, I know you can do it!
BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #8  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Cassrose, You know, it never fails to amaze and anger me just how easily and quickly our old unhealthy eating habits come back. Since you've been off plan for three weeks and the cravings have returned, I think a strict clean phase 1 would be best but that is just my opinion and other can make a phase 1.5 work just as well. You know yourself better than any of us, so use your best judgement and I sincerely hope whatever you decide that it works for you.

Last edited by TallandThin; 01-02-2011 at 04:32 PM.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:08 PM   #9  

Tall and thin - i know exactly what you mean, i was so excited and thought i had changed my eating patterns for life but nope went back to old habits.

1.5 isn't working for me so tomorrow im starting a strict phase 1 again. I leave for australia in just over 2 weeks so want to sort it out before then. The weight is not the only problem that occurs from my bad eating habits, i also get eczema and my skin has broken out badly, bloating has also become a problem again to so i am looking forward to all that disappearing again.

I have also started exercising for the first time (well properly). Since Saturday i have been to the gym 3 times and am about to go again today, am aiming for 5-6 times a week. Im waiting for that enjoyment of exercise they talk about.... the rush and good feeling afterward.... everyone else seems to get that but for me i just feel tired and drained.

Hope you are all doing well this week :-)