Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #1  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Default New Year, New Feathers' Chat

Happy January everyone. Hope you are all doing well and have made a good New Year's resolution (I have personally resolved to become more resolute). I think it would be cool if you would post your resolution (if you made one) to this monthly chat thread as part of your first post.

I haven't weighed myself in 4 days, because I'm on vacation in Toronto (no scales, thank God). While I haven't been particularly bad with food while here, I've certainly eaten more than I would at home, and worked out less, thus will be deeply grateful if I've just held my own and not gained. Will find out on Monday morning, since I get back home Sunday night.

Good night.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:10 AM   #2  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Happy New Year!

I've done okay through the holidays, I was even down 1 lb the last few days.

My NY resolutions are to eat vegan and to make it for a run 2-3 times per week. I would love to lose 5 lbs by the end of January, but I don't know how that will go...so for now I'll stick with the healthy habits instead of the weight loss goal.
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 149/144/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I just rejoined after almost 4 years, which weren't good ones!

I didn't watch what I ate over Christmas, but did make good use of a new treadmill for the last three weeks, so I think that my 2011 resolution is realistic.

I resolve to log at least 3.5 miles on the treadmill at least 6 days per week - no matter what speed or incline.

Good luck all!
thistimeforreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/154.75/125

Height: 5'4"

Wildflower....I'll be trying to go vegan too this year. I'm now at 154.75 and heading for 125. So we're on similar path. I was a big fan of Fat Free Vegan while cooking vegan/McDougall for my bf for a year. But I gained weight! So I think I have go more ETL...maybe with an occassional slice manna bread instead of other grain. I just wanted to say hello.
yesyoucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

Height: 5'7

The holiday's have managed to confirm something for me which I already suspected. I can't eat wheat, I ate a bun at Christmas dinner and almost immediately started feeling bloated and in pain. It also causes my weight to skyrocket from the massive amount of bloating it causes.

I also really need to watch my salt intake. It really causes problems with swelling. Because of all the wheat I ate I gained 8 lbs in 2 days which obviously isn't possible but it was also very unpleasant to see.

The week I am staying on track with my diet and exercise routine and hopefully the last 2lbs of bloat and water retention will be history in a couple days and then I can focus on my next goal for February which is suddenly looking a lot closer than I remember eek! I hope I can lose these 7lbs.

Congrats to those of you who didn't gain over the holidays and to those who did don't be too hard on yourselves just make sure you don't start to slide backwards. Sliding backwards is currently my biggest fear.
Veela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/ maintaining 130-135

Height: 5'4"

My resolutions are...I am going to complete a triathlon, work at being a better listener, and not weigh myself for the month of January. I also want to be at goal by Valentine's day (although I'm not going to stress out if I'm not.)
tattoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #7  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyoucan View Post
Wildflower....I'll be trying to go vegan too this year. I'm now at 154.75 and heading for 125. So we're on similar path. I was a big fan of Fat Free Vegan while cooking vegan/McDougall for my bf for a year. But I gained weight! So I think I have go more ETL...maybe with an occassional slice manna bread instead of other grain. I just wanted to say hello.
Yesyoucan, I am so surprised. I thought fat free vegan was mainly ETL recipes? I've gone vegan in the past and did lose weight pretty easily (i still ate vegan cupcakes and chocolates and managed to drop weight). I am going to do it this time with calorie counting and exercise. Good luck to you!
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 196.6/see ticker/125

Height: 5'5 1/2

I've done ETL inspired caloriecounting (and still do) and just love the ETL book, changed the way I look at my diet completely.

My new years resolutions for this year are reaching goal and getting more focussed about exercise by joining 3FC fitness challenges, really need the accountability.

Last edited by Sanna Maria; 01-02-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Sanna Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 137/130/119

Height: 5'4''

Last week I changed my ticker and current weight to reflect my higher 'holiday' weight, and have been eating basically on-plan since then. The scale this morning showed I am very close to my pre-holiday weight of 124.4, but I'm going to wait until Wednesday to log it. Hopefully it will be even lower!

My fitness/weight-loss inspired resolutions are to
1) Log my eating for the next month (every bite!) to keep me honest
2) Yoga and pilates 4 days a week either at the gym or at home (I just discovered my cable has yoga routines on-demand!)
3) Run more to be able to run 3 miles non-stop.

Last week after Christmas I signed up for Weight Watchers on-line again because I was intrigued by their new Points Plus program and because it felt like I needed a good 'kick' in the rear if you know what I mean. So far it feels like I have too many points. Considering most fruits and veggies are zero points it feels like I have a lot of points to play with. Not to mention the 49 'weekly' points. You even can earn activity point from working out. That could get dangerous. We'll see how I do after a few weeks and then readjust to me. I'm sure someone with more weight to lose would do great, not sure about those with less than 10 pounds though. We'll see.
ainsleymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #10  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

I'd like to lose at least another 10-15 and see how that works out, and step my exercise up a notch. Right now I'm at a size 26 European and a 2/3/4 (occasionally stretchy 1s) and I'd like to settle at size 24/25 and 0/1. I also reserve the right to reevaluate and gain weight if I'm not feeling it or if my body's not too cool with it.
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 140/See Ticker/125

In 2011 I'm going to finally lose the last 15 pounds from my initial loss a few years ago. I'm also going to become more mindful of the foods I eat and why (no more eating just because 'it's there'!). I've got a good running/yoga/swimming routine set already - but I'd like to push my limit a little bit to excel at each
Last10in2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #12  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies. im back after several months of slowing gaining weight. earlier this week when i ventured back to 3fc i was 150, which is crazy sad to see after i had gotten down to 125 this past summer. but i did it once and i know i can do it again. i went running yesterday for the first time in months and maaaaan am i feeling it today.
so my new years resolutions are to fit into my shorts by summer (which ill have to drop the 25 pounds in order to do that) and to exercise 250 days of the year (my schedule fluctuates to much for me to choose a weekly goal, and i figure 250 is a decent goal to set for the whole year).
im not that great when it comes to sticking to a diet, so im just going to focus on cutting out cookies and candy.
hope you ladies are doing fabulous in 2011
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Good Morning Fealthers!! Happy New Year!

I am back and ready to do this full force. The Holidays were horrible. I managed to gain about 3-4 pounds. Very dissapointed with myself but I am going to get back on track! Goals are 124.6 by Valentines Day and 118 by the end of March. I have lots of events coming up so this will be very challenging. But its something I want and I will try my best. This is one new years resolution I will succeed in!

Its so good to see all the new feathers! We can all do this!!
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hey, Feathers! Happy New Year! I made it through the holidays without a gain and am getting set for my cruise where I hope to do the same. In the meantime, I've shopping to do. It's interesting surfing for swimwear when I have eight feet of snow in my front yard.

My current challenge? Not buying the cupcakes and truffles and the like that I can order online to have delivered to my stateroom on Day One. I may actually go for the truffles, though. If I know I can have a piece of chocolate in my room now and then, it may be easier to walk away from the calorie-laden desserts available everywhere else. I sometimes carry mini York Peppermint Patties in my purse when I go out with friends for the same reason.

I had a singularly great moment the other day. Since the age of 21 I have been dealing with a significant degree of scarring from a severe topical drug reaction that I suffered. Well, finally, after all these years, through diet and exercise, I have lost enough fat and gained enough muscle that even I honestly cannot tell anymore that my body suffered damage. It's still there: If I look close enough I can see it. But you have to look really close. I have to look really close—and, given how picky I am about my appearance, that is saying something. In fact, I feel good enough about myself—finally, after so very long—that I purchased not one, not two, not three, but four bikinis for my cruise. I could almost cry. I haven't worn a swimsuit in , I don't know.... A decade? I've probably worn one a total of a handful of times in the past 16 years. While I honestly came to terms with what happened a long time ago, I still wasn't confident enough to expose my skin in that way. I am over the moon that I can look in the mirror now and for the first time not have my eye be drawn automatically to the skin damage. Plus, the fact that I purchased tiny bikinis means I will be that much more motivated not to gain weight on my cruise.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 01-03-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #15  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Fivestone, I'm never going to guess what weight is right for another person, but I WILL hazard a guess that it won't take 15 pounds to lose a dress size at your height and current weight, and 110 would put you in the underweight range. I was very unhappy with my naked self only 8-9 pounds ago, and am pleasantly surprised at how much difference this relatively small weight loss has made. Just a thought.

Dianne, I missed you. Congratulations on coming back, even if you did "fall off the wagon" for awhile.

Petite, what an amazing victory (not sure if it's a scale or non-scale one). I just purchased my first bikini since age 8, and I don't think it's anywhere near the same degree of accomplishment as you. I can't believe you haven't even gone swimming as a result of the scarring. So, congratulations and hope you have a terrific trip. Where's the cruise to?

As for my personal data, I was up to 128 this morning. I really, really hope it's mostly water retention from TOM (I was only gone for 5 days, and didn't really go over 1800 calories on any day; several were in the 1600 range). Got in good workouts 3 days running; we'll see.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote