Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 09:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Monday, April 7

Good Morning Sleepyheads! ;-)

This time change is gonna take me a little while to get use to. I could barely make myself get up when my alarm went off at 6:00 so there was no way I was gonna be able to get up by 5:00 and get my exercise in. Maybe by the end of the week or so I will get use to the time change and get my buns moving early.

Today I have to go to my Uncle's funeral during my lunchhour.

Sooooooo how was everybody's weekend? what is everybody up to? Leenie where ya at girlie?

come on gang - just a quick hello is all we need - everybody check in please and let us know you are still truckin.

hugs,
cathy
Old 04-07-2003, 10:47 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Cathy,

Whats up kids ?
I'll be leaving work early today, we are expecting 12" of snow grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrowl !!

Nothing new, SOSDD. Weekend was nice, cleaned and did laundry and thats all, the weather was icky so really I had no choice, which was okay, my bathrooms are sparkling. I don't know about you guys but a clean house makes me feel sooo good.

Don't even ask about my diet

Gotta run, hope everyone is okay and happy.

Love, Leenie
Old 04-07-2003, 01:28 PM   #3  

Good morning

How is everyone today.....it is overcast today....DH & I went out for coffee for 8 A.M......he had to get me out of bed....I didn't want to get up. The time change has affected me also....maybe I will hav a nap later today.

We had a quiet weekend here...on Friday evening DS3, his GF & her DS came over with Jasper...their puppy....he is so active....he played with Charlie...our dog most of the time they were here....after they left....I used the Swiffer....it's good for dog hair...well I used 4 sides of the Swiffer...2 whole ones. It's good for our dog to play with other dogs. The puppy is also a Border Collie....he is Charlie's half brother & his uncle. They have the same mother......the puppy's father is Charlie's grandfather....lol....it's a good thing humans aren't like dogs as far as this kind of thing goes.

I have had on & off days with food....the off days are when I just can't do it that day.

DS1...who lives near Vancouver....has had depression almost ever since he moved there 14 years ago....I mentioned to him about the light box...where he lives....you can rent them.....well he bought a Litebook....it is smaller than a light box....it sits next to you on a table.....he noticed a difference right away....I am so happy for him....he has suffered so much the last 14 years.

I think I have been rambling....I better go have the rest of my breakfast.

Cathy....so sorry to hear about your uncle.

Leenie.....it does feel good when the house is clean. I did a bit of cleaning yeasterday....the 2 kitchen sinks & the outside of the stove.

April
Old 04-07-2003, 01:38 PM   #4  

Talking Well it is a beautiful spring day here!

Sorry to hear you guys are dragging with the time change...I have done so much shift work in my life that I no longer have a proper sleep cycle and have no idea how it feels to be rested...I am not a morning person and I never spring out of bed but I do what I have to...would love to get off shift one of these years.

Yes nothing beats a clean house...nothing! Hubby and the girls did some tidying while I worked evenings over the weekend. It was nice to come home last night to things in order and nice to head off to the gym this morning without feeling guilty that I should be cleaning the kitchen or some ridiculous notion like that.

We have become an exercising family....one of us goes to the gym daily and the 11 year old works out....sorta...mostly juggles her discman, book and water bottle and the 5 year old loves the playcare! I wish I had of started earlier.

I got Body For Life out of the library and I am gonna give it a shot I think. I know there is a thread here on it so I might have a boo!

How is everyone....we need to do a roll call here!

Everybody....please report in...would be great to hear from everyone!

Eliz
Old 04-07-2003, 02:13 PM   #5  

Oh what a nasty day today. Hubby called me to tell me to move our truck under something b/c it is hailing about 45 miles from here. There is no where to put the truck so I am going to keep my fingers crossed that is doesn't make it this far.

Cathy I hope you guys aren't getting all of this lovely weather.

I am also screwed up with this time change. It gets me everytime.

What kinds of feelings do you guys have about me stopping my meds?
Old 04-07-2003, 02:29 PM   #6  

Question Kempyd...what ever do you mean?

How do we feel about you stopping your meds? Need a little more info than that..what is going on?

Eliz
Old 04-07-2003, 03:26 PM   #7  

I talked to a counselor Friday and we found the root of my depression. It all stems back from when my dad died. i really have never gone through any type of stages. I really don't want to take them forever so I am going to try to work through these issues. I just didn't know if I should try to get off of them now or wait until I have had more sessions with this woman.
Old 04-07-2003, 03:47 PM   #8  

Well I think that is something for you to decide with your counsellor, doctor, husband and self...no one else can make the decision in the end except for you.

I have an opinion about most things and especially about grief....you can't go over it , you can't go around it and you can't go under it...you have to go THROUGH it.....I went on paxil for six months when my son was ill...it helped take the edge off and helped me do the work I needed to do(therapy, make decisions, take care of my family)....and by doing that it prevented me I believe from falling into a black hole when my son died a year following that.....everyone is different....I wasn't actually on the medication when he died and I did ok...my point was that the 6 months I was on it helped me a year before.....clear as mud?

How are you feeling about things?

Eliz

Last edited by liz321; 04-07-2003 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-07-2003, 04:08 PM   #9  

Kemp....are you on Effexor? I think I remember you talking about Effexor in the past...but I could be wrong. Effexor is really hard to come off of.....I don't know about the other antidepressants though. I tried to go off Effexor.....it was awful. There can be terrible withdrawal symptoms.

April
Old 04-07-2003, 04:09 PM   #10  

I just know that I have done a really good job a stuffing things down. I hate that it has taken this long for me to realize what is going on. My hubby is supporting me in whatever decision I make so I know that I will have him to lean on.

That is what I am taking. What kind of withdrawal symptoms are we talking about?
Old 04-07-2003, 05:24 PM   #11  

Kemp....I don't know what antidepressant you are on. My doctor had told me to stop the Effexor cold turkey....by the 2nd day I was vomiting for 11 hours on & off......I also felt ill.....just terrible. When I went off of it last April...was on the lowest dose....I was really down & sad....spent most of the days in bed for that week.
If you are on Effexor.....you need to gradually go off it.....very, very gradually!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another withdawal symptom is depression....my doctor told me that.

April
Old 04-07-2003, 05:40 PM   #12  

Kemp....here are a few sites.....they might help.

http://www.join-the-fun.com/effexor-withdrawal.html

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/mental...es/31960a.html

April
Closed Thread