South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 12:01 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Last Friday in 2010 Beach Chatter

I'll repost on Okie's thread....even though I snuck in 6 minutes earlier

Last edited by Lexxiss; 12-31-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default New Year's Eve South Beach Daily Chat--What are your Resolutions?

My theme for 2011 is “Take it”! I will go after what I want with no qualms!

Relationships -
- Continue to make inroads with my relationship with my Father.
- Nurture new friendships formed in 2010 via Sparkpeople.
-Be more active on the social scene e.g. by going to parties, events, etc.
-Treat myself to movies and dates just because
-Be more in tune with my spiritual side.
-Focus on my Sparkteams and helping my friends reach their goals!

Health -
- Track calories daily, focusing on eating nutritious foods that you enjoy.
- Lose weight (at least 154lbs)! Last year isn’t going to happen again, maintain focus! You can do it! You’re almost there!
- Find ways to exercise as many days a week as possible even if it’s just a walk.
- Make appointment for dentist.
- Make appointment for physical.

Financial -
- Pay off school loan when you start working.
- Save as much money as possible.

School -
- Get 90hr certificate course completed by May 2011.
- Remember to do your best but don't expect perfection. Just do the best you can!
- Ask for help when necessary.
- Take a breather when things are too stressful!
-Consider whether or not, you really want a higher degree after you complete your certificate course.

Work -
- Work on getting paid employment, whether it’s through your volunteering gig or the usual route.
-Complete one application per day until you find work.

Other -
- Spend no more than three hours daily on watching television and using Computer unless it’s for school.
- Make time to relax even if for an hour EVERY DAY. You deserve it and need it to maintain your sanity.
-Evaluate your goals weekly to make sure you “Take it” in 2011!
Old 12-31-2010, 12:33 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning, Okie

I am so impressed on all the thought you have put into your plan for 2011! Three things on your list really struck me as being important for me with life in general;
- Remember to do your best but don't expect perfection. Just do the best you can!
- Ask for help when necessary.
- Take a breather when things are too stressful!

I think I can use those, too. Thanks.

I've spent the week getting back in my food and exercise groove and am excited to enter the New Year OP and thinking healthy. I cleaned out the refrigerator yesterday and just got rid of things we don't use anymore. I hate pitching stuff, but it won't be replaced. I'm starting the New Year with a clean slate...and refrigerator. I think my cupboards will be next.

Many of my day to day activites have to do with other people and their needs. I am always having to shift gears with a moment's notice. I have been working really hard to stay strong and make time for myself when others are pulling my strings. I would like to continue in that direction and get back into the weight loss frame of mind after a year of successful maintenance. I am certain that I am ready to take the next step.

See ya'll later, and thanks, Okie, for getting us started on such a positive note.

Right now I feel like I could stay up all night, but I'm sure that will pass....
Old 12-31-2010, 12:48 AM   #4  

Lol, I'd call you Debbie but the phone is upstairs and I don't wanna disturb my Dad. Thanks dear, a friend gave me the idea for this.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:56 AM   #5  
For the love of me

S/C/G: 189/189/135

Height: 5'4

Im starting my exercises in the morning and i have anxiety about it. wierd huh? but I think its because im afraid i wont be able to do it and ill give up. i REALLY dont want to give up! My addiction for food is already starting to give me excuses why i shouldnt even try it! I know i have to learn to ignore it and just keep moving forward and that it will get easier, but the toughest part for me is just to START. isnt that silly?
Old 12-31-2010, 01:50 AM   #6  

Not silly at all, it's normal to be apprehensive when undergoing a journey but think of the rewards!
Old 12-31-2010, 04:03 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good grief! What a bunch of EarlyChicks! When two threads are started at the same time, just leave them and I'll merge when I get myself together.

I woke at two and did not get back to sleep so am not feeling perky enough to make Resolutions. Maybe after coffee.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:46 AM   #8  
Mous

Smile Morning

Good Morning,

I am wondering...are you all doing SB or a combo?

We have SNOW! Sp pretty and peaceful.

I am ready to start tomorrow but I have fears that today I will overeat, eat junk and finish up non healthy foods because it is my last day! HELP!

I saw that some of you belong to other helpful sites. Do they aid you in losing weight? What are some other than Spark People?

Congratulations to those of you that have met their goals, lost weight and have made positive changes.

May this last day of December bring smiles to your heart and success.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:28 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back with coffee and have resolved to make no resolutions. After nearly 72 years, I am entitled to skip it this time.

This morning I'm off to town for a haircut and perhaps a minor shop if the crowds aren't too bad. I managed to avoid all shopping centres in December and don't miss them a bit. However, today I need to go to a store in the centre that has the Chinese Buffet and will have to be strong. I may go there before my 10:30 haircut and avoid the tantalizing aromas.

New Year's Eve is going to be a non-event around here. Dr. Bob is away so there will be no elegant dinner party. The dogs and I may spend a quiet and cozy night together unless some of my friends drop in. The bubbly is chilled and I do have some party food just in case. I really want a night of quiet contemplation - 2010 has been quite a year with good and bad things and I need a sorting out hiatus.

Have a good last day of 2010 whatever you do but start with coffee and a bit of a chat. and
Old 12-31-2010, 07:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Okie - Wow! That is quite a list.

Debbie - I am confident about you going forward too

Vehria - No! I have been exercising consistently for several years now. It took a long time to build that habit - AND there are many, many days when it is hard just to get started. One thing that helps me is to tell myself I just have to do X short number of minutes. Usually once I begin, I do more.

Ruth - I'm sleepy too this morning. Thunderstorms. I'll probably ring in the new year asleep!

Windsong - I have not tried Spark People but hear a lot of good things about it. I write a blog and read others and that has been very helpful and given me another whole community and support network.

My son heads back to PA soon. A friend is picking him up and giving him a place to spend the night then both head to campus tomorrow for a few days of pre-work before their group leaves for Egypt. I'm off to the gym for my weekly workout with my mom. No plans for tonight - probably will just go to bed early like usual. Poor husband

Happy New Year everyone

Last edited by WaistingTime; 12-31-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:14 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning No resolutions around here though I do make plans and set goals a few months out. I will definitely be doing that today.

Okie - I love the mix of practical and big goals. Obviously you've put a lot of thought into that.

Debbie - My Mom always used to make us clean our rooms on New Year's Eve because that's how it would look all year. Your fridge clean-out reminded me of that

Lady Wondsong - Can't remember if I welcomed you but welcome Today is just one day. Make a decision about your meals and stick to it. You can make it a transition day, a fully on plan day or a getting the house in order day. It's up to you!

Ruth - If you are having a quiet evening tonight I may see you on line with my glass of wine, as long as it isn't too late

It's just a normal day around here. I'm still working on the house cleaning project, playing with my new pressure cooker/slow cooker and enjoying the down time. Every few months I revisit my health and fitness goals and behavior and create check lists and new goals. I will do some of that today. In the past I'd make lofty once a year goals and promptly ignore them. Now it's an ongoing process that takes into account the season, my current schedule, and where I am. I will make myself look at that number on the scale too because I know that's going to get my attention.

Tonight's big plan will include some special once a year foods, watching another chunk of the Lord of the Rings, and being in bed by 10. Yes, we are party animals around here

Hope your day is just what you want it to be

ETA - Karen
Old 12-31-2010, 07:21 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

BBL!
Old 12-31-2010, 09:10 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Back for the 2nd Good Morning

I took a 3 hour nap yesterday, which I don't usually do. When I got up at 6 I was ready to do the refrigerator….then try out a new pan I got for Christmas...thn load my scanned pics onto the computer...then stay up way past my bedtime. After a good night of rest I'm raring to go!

Thanks, Ruth, for merging the threads! Be strong if you head to that centre that houses all the sugar , salt and fat laden food disguised as "Chinese". Your evening sounds perfect, even if some friends decide to drop over. Perhaps you can still fit in some quiet contemplation.

vehria01, to 3FC! I'm not sure if you're starting South Beach Diet or following another plan, but I assure you there's lots of support here. Find some groups with folks you share some common interests with and come here and get support. It's much easier with friends.

LadyWindsong, I hope you are able to make your right decision for today. You said, "Help". I try to stay away from overeating, no matter what food it is. I don't think one day will make a difference in the long haul, but I prefer now to recognize that everything I put in my mouth affects me. I follow SBD as my food plan and Beck Diet Solution to help me with my food sanity, especially emotional eating. For the first time on SBD, I am loosely tracking calories. I'm counting all items except my veggies when they are in their original state.

Karen, have a great workout with your mom. Wow! Your son is going to Egypt. Now that's a trip!

Cyndi, your day sounds very "normal". I, too, like the idea that goals are an ongoing process. I've been meaning to mention that I've been experimenting with the "perfect" timing of spaghetti squash in the pressure cooker. I'll let you know.

Linda,

We're off to meet my Mom and friends for breakfast. I try to plan ahead with my food and I just can't decide this morning. Oh, well.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:21 AM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

I'm starting phase one tomorrow and exercise starts the day after (gym closed).

I'm sure it will be very busy! We bought gym stuff yesterday, along with a SB Cookbook. Between that and all the awesome recipes on here, I'm going to plan out my meals for the week and go shopping today. I go back to school/work on the 4th, so I'll at least have the 1st-3rd to adjust to life low-carb so I don't go back and be unexpectedly pissy to my patients.

In any case, today is not a diet day, but I will try to rid the extra xmas candy via the trash instead of my mouth anyway!

Cheers!

Last edited by shelflife; 12-31-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:27 AM   #15  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Okie, great plans. I can tell 2011 is going to be your year!

Debbie, I should give my fridge a good clean out today, too. There are things hanging around in there that I don't want to eat and DH shouldn't have any more. I may add that to my list if Fergie wakes up happy. He's still kind of grumpy over the whole gout thing, which is why the no-no's are still in the fridge.

Vehria, you can do it. I use the same plan as Karen - I tell myself I only have to do X minutes and then I can stop. Every now and then I will stop early but for the most part once I take the time to change my clothes and get started I usually just finish up my routine. By the way, it's nice to meet you. I'll look forward to getting to know you better this year.

Good morning Windsong! I do South Beach, no combo. 3FC is my only weight loss forum - for one thing I can't imagine finding time for more than one! I follow Waisting Time's blog and love the recipes in Kayln's Kitchen. My focus is here though, my encouragement and accountability come from regular reading and posting in the daily threads.

Karen, how soon will your son head to Egypt? That's so exciting for him but I'm sure it's kind of worrisome for you. Anyone who says it gets easier as they grow up hasn't had adult kids! LOL

Cyndi, it sounds like you and Julie have a great New Year's Eve planned - my kind of celebration!

Ruth, good luck facing that Chinese buffet!
No New Years Resolutions here, either. I'm more of a short term goal kind of person and usually have a couple of smaller, more manageable goals going all the time.

I'm so glad to see the end of this year. I lost my father, my nephew, 3 good friends and several neighbors/colleagues this year. I know death is part of life but 2010 has been overwhelming. I thank God for bringing me through the hard times and strengthening my faith. And I'm looking forward to an easier, happier 2011.

I'll welcome 2011 in with the church youth group. I can't believe they talked me into doing a New Years Eve event, I haven't even stayed up on NYE since the kids moved out and I could stop worrying about them getting home safely. It should be a fun night, but I dread driving kids home after midnight. I think I'll be sleeping in on 1/1/11!

Hi Linda, shelflife and those to come.
Have a terrific last day of 2011 friends.

Last edited by Heidi58; 12-31-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Closed Thread