Old 12-29-2010, 10:27 AM   #1  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

Talking Weight Watchers online support thread

So this was brought up in another thread and if there is already a support thread I apologize, I didn't see one. No one else was starting it so I figured why not.

This is a support thread for all of us doing Weight Watchers online that might need some extra motivation, support, or just a place to talk.

Of course, anyone who is doing weight watchers meetings, or anyone who is not on weight watchers but has questions is welcomed to post here too. Basically anyone can post here!
tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #2  

Hello. Just starting weight watchers again after years of trying without a formal "plan". So far I am cautiously optimistic. I like this new points plus. It looks like a real way of life!!! Of course, it is still a change that is kind of hard to make, but it is time.
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:56 AM   #3  
one pound at a time

Hi Bunti, and welcome!!

I am loving the new PP system as well. It really gets me making better choices and snacking on fruit without fear of a huge points gain is great!

So what is everyone having for lunch today?

I am having a variety of veggies, simmered until tender and scrambled into three egg whites. Topped with a dollop of salsa and hot sauce. YUM!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I'm having my homemade bean chili with a little brown rice added. It's not really cutting it... I may just have my pear. and wait until I get home to make something more palatable.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #5  
one pound at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
I'm having my homemade bean chili with a little brown rice added. It's not really cutting it... I may just have my pear. and wait until I get home to make something more palatable.
Mmm, that sounded good. I love homemade chili. I make it with meat substitution filler. So delish and low in points!

How's everyone doing today?!

We went to the Festival of the Lights at our Zoo. It was beautiful, but temptation was lurking at every corner...in the form of cookies of every kind, sugar roasted almonds, chocolate covered nuts, etc etc!! It was hard to resist but I am proud to say I concured my sweet tooth.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

Hi! i just started weight watchers online two days ago. I tried it 2 years ago and i didnt really lose weight but i figured i'd give it another shot and really try. I'll admit that i am scared of the fruit having no points because fruit has actually hindered my weight loss in the past because I eat too much of it when im hungry and can't have any other snacks.
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #7  

Ugh. Today is not good. I was up at 4 which always makes my stomach feel weird, so breakfast was a banana and some cheese around 5:30, a little cereal around 6:30 and I just had 2 bowls of my home made turkey soup for lunch at 10:30. I think I'll be snacking on fruit so that I don't end up eating dinner at 3:30 and then again at 8.

But I'm tracking everything, I've got my fruit all washed and set out in a little bowl and will hopefully be fine.

I'm feeling like I want something sweet now, but that would involve a walk down to the cup cake shop, which might happen later.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #8  
one pound at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeluv View Post
Hi! i just started weight watchers online two days ago. I tried it 2 years ago and i didnt really lose weight but i figured i'd give it another shot and really try. I'll admit that i am scared of the fruit having no points because fruit has actually hindered my weight loss in the past because I eat too much of it when im hungry and can't have any other snacks.
Welcome back! I hope this time around proves better for you. As for the fruit, it is all about moderation and knowing when we are satisfied, not FULL!

Keep in mind, it is 0 points but only when eaten until satisfaction, not when we have 10 bananas etc.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions. Here or on any other part of the board. I am sure someone can answer.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #9  
one pound at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
Ugh. Today is not good. I was up at 4 which always makes my stomach feel weird, so breakfast was a banana and some cheese around 5:30, a little cereal around 6:30 and I just had 2 bowls of my home made turkey soup for lunch at 10:30. I think I'll be snacking on fruit so that I don't end up eating dinner at 3:30 and then again at 8.

But I'm tracking everything, I've got my fruit all washed and set out in a little bowl and will hopefully be fine.

I'm feeling like I want something sweet now, but that would involve a walk down to the cup cake shop, which might happen later.
Aww, sorry today is starting off so rough for you.

I know just what you mean. When I start off eating earlier than usual my whole day is out of whack and I end up eating everything early and snacking late. No fun. I actually ate earlier than usual too because my husband is off work today so I had time to make myself a nice healthy omelet. I am hoping I don't end up getting hungry early all day now because of it. Apples and water should do the trick in between meals. lol
Old 12-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschaff04 View Post
Keep in mind, it is 0 points but only when eaten until satisfaction, not when we have 10 bananas etc.
thats exactly my problem..plus i love fruit...i'll be hungry and say..let me have a banana..and damn, i'm still hungry let me have an apple..crap..still hungry, let me have some grapes. so i have to find some balance..
i've done ok on my own. i started trying to lose weight in october...the first two months i lost 12lbs and then i got stuck for the last 3 weeks or so...i decided to give weight watchers online a go since it was cheap..i figured i'll give it three months first and see how i do.

thanks for the hug!
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I joined WW online and started the new Points Plus plan the day after Christmas. I had been doing low carb before and had decided to try the new WW plan at least throughout the holidays. I am absolutely loving the new plan. I am T-2 diabetic and in just the few days on the plan my weight has dropped off plus another lb which means I'll end the year with a very good loss and my fasting blood sugar reading is back down to where the doc wants it to be. I am enjoying eating fruit and a few other carbs like popcorn that I couldn't have on low carb. I think the new plan is great. I also love being about to track everything online.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:44 AM   #12  
one pound at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeluv View Post
thats exactly my problem..plus i love fruit...i'll be hungry and say..let me have a banana..and damn, i'm still hungry let me have an apple..crap..still hungry, let me have some grapes. so i have to find some balance..
i've done ok on my own. i started trying to lose weight in october...the first two months i lost 12lbs and then i got stuck for the last 3 weeks or so...i decided to give weight watchers online a go since it was cheap..i figured i'll give it three months first and see how i do.

thanks for the hug!
I can relate. There are days when I eat and eat and still feel like I am hungry. I notice it happens on days I don't drink my usual amount of water and I think it's just that I am thirsty. I usually drink a glass of water first just to make sure I am really hungry since our brains send the same signal for thirsty and hungry.

12 pounds on your own is great! I am sure you will find a balance with WW and do great on it too. It's all about listening to our bodies and moderation.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:45 AM   #13  
one pound at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattygirl63 View Post
I joined WW online and started the new Points Plus plan the day after Christmas. I had been doing low carb before and had decided to try the new WW plan at least throughout the holidays. I am absolutely loving the new plan. I am T-2 diabetic and in just the few days on the plan my weight has dropped off plus another lb which means I'll end the year with a very good loss and my fasting blood sugar reading is back down to where the doc wants it to be. I am enjoying eating fruit and a few other carbs like popcorn that I couldn't have on low carb. I think the new plan is great. I also love being about to track everything online.
Awesome! I love being able to enjoy some things I couldn't have on other diets too. I have a 100 cal pack of popcorn most nights. Yum!
Old 12-30-2010, 02:21 PM   #14  

I just drove a 10th of a mile down the street to buy a cupcake. And eat it. And then track it.

I have that bottomless pit feeling in my stomach from waking up too early. Which I now realize could be heartburn. I should have bought Tums.

I think some shrimp and white rice for dinner will work to help this feeling.

Thankfully I can sleep in tomorrow, and get a walk in.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:40 PM   #15  
one pound at a time

Oh geez, I want a cupcake now. LOL I haven't had cupcakes in a loooooong time. Or any cake for that matter. My big weakness is sweets so that has been one hard temptation to keep at bay.

So I joined a gym today. Didn't have much time to really check out all the equipment but I did manage to hop on the eliptical for 15 mins. Burned 100 cals. Not all that much but hey, anythings good right?

This is so silly to say but I actually felt uncomfortable walking around the gym. All I saw was fit, skinny people working out and here I was overweight and feeling insecure. I guess there is only one way to get fit though and that's working out so I need to try not to be so sensitive. lol

I am in love with the fact that they have a theater room though. That's where I worked out today. It was dark and private so i can work out there without feeling embarrassed.