Old 12-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Weekly Chat - Monday, December 27, 2010 through Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Week.....New Year!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm blowing off Jenny this morning because I do not want to face the music. I shall get back on track and start anew. If only I'd been as strong as Sandra. I can't believe all the sugar and butter I consumed in the last 4 days! Salt too. Yuck. I feel yucky. Talk to you all later.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, Vickie! It's a nice morning here in sunny north Texas! Today we'll finish putting up all the Christmas things and I'll get back to work sewing. I'm making a quilt for our favorite waitress at the Mexican restaurant. She's pregnant with a baby girl due May 6. I've got plenty of time but I might as well not sit around waiting until the last minute!

Judd just went and dropped off the tree at a mulching place and is on the way back. We're going to breakfast so I'll be back later to check in.

Have a happy Monday, everyone.
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

These Mondays are beginning to slip up on me. I must be getting used to being retired.

Kathy mentioned sunny north Texas, and, indeed, that is what is today. Christmas day was overcast and wet, but today is glorious. The blue jays, doves and crows are having a feast in my backyard, and we are enjoying their antics. The crows and jays compete for who can be the biggest bully, coming out about equal, and the doves just go a different feeder and ignore the mayhem.

I can't identify it totally accurately, but a warbler of some type has appeared over the last few days. Our cardinal pair seems to be content also. Now there is a red-bellied woodpecker at the peanuts with the jays. I've never seen one of those at the peanuts, just at the suet. To continue the blow-by-blow, the doves left and are being replaced by finches and titmice.

That's the Denton bird report! I'm off to make oatmeal and then go to see the trainer at 11:30AM.

Have a great day.

Rhonda

Nancy,
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Vickie, thank you for the new pages. Don't be too envious of my eating. Even though I'm sugar-free, I've had a lot of stuff I shouldn't have eaten if I was serious about losing weight this week. Guess I wasn' serious.

Rhonda, thank you for the Denton County Bird Report. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. We haven't had woodpeckers in quite awhile. I miss them and hope the come back soon.

Kathy, you still have a lot of energy. You go, girl!!

I need to go put out birdseed. I'll catch ya'll later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

So far so good at getting back on track.

Rhonda, I love retirement and I was jealous of the description of your sunny day with the happy birds. None of that happiness here; just dreary and dark.

Sandra, if I'd been sugar free, I'd have skipped on many of my calories since I really over indulged on desserts. I'm done now.

Kathy, I think I'd like to learn how to make quilts. The woman who does my tailoring teaches classes. Maybe I'll attend one when she returns from Florida in the Spring.

Thinking of you Nancy and Robin.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #7  

Another good day for Robin..
The liver function continues to improve every day. I am relieved to be past the
Day 5 drug that is hard on the liver and still have the bilirubin levels declining .
His bilirubin was 13 on admission , 2.1 today and 1 is normal.

I woke up today with cold symptoms so I cannot stay in the room with him until I am well. My step daughter is with him and I am home getting well. Pray that
I get well fast...

He has not had many Chemo side effects yet except that some foods & drinks taste bad to him. We are trying to find things that still taste good.

The nurse yesterday made a big mistake with his meds. They had to file an incident report. After talking with the Dr I do not think it will harm him but it was alarming. A nurse ignored a ordered Chemo drug because she thought the order was a mistake. The mistake was caught and given 12 hours late.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #8  

Oh, Nancy, I really do hope that you recover soon. It's difficult to be separated. Rest!

I'm hoping that you've experienced the last of the medical mishaps. They're likely to be extra cautious now.

I went to the gym and more or less collapsed about 3/4 of the way through the routine. I got shaky and my heart was pounding. I drank some Gatorade and that seemed to help, and I felt OK the rest of the day.

I have a NSV to report. I really wanted a hamburger, so we got some. I ate only 3/4 of it and only about 1/2 of the fries. The best part is that I didn't want any more of either.

I'm glad you enjoyed my birds vicariously. Sandra, I have lots of woodpeckers, Hairy and Red-bellied. (Why are the called red-bellied? Their bellies are white!)

Have a good night everyone.

Rhonda
Old 12-27-2010, 07:55 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Nancy, how scarey about the nurse's making the mistake with Robin's medication. I'm glad all went well. When Curtis was in the hospital with his knee replacement, we had to monitor everything the nurses were giving him. They kept trying to give him meds he took years ago as well as current dosages. Could have been dangerous if we hadn't caught the mistakes.

I hope you get to feeling better soon and can get back to being with Robin.

Vickie, I had an enchilada plate for lunch today. Tomorow I'm back to counting points.

Curtis an I did some shooting indoors today. Life is good.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, was your trainer with you? What did he say? Do you need to go for a checkup?
Old 12-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, sounds like y'all are having a good day. I spent the day with my mom and sis. Hopefully tomorrow will be a quiet day here at home.

Nancy, I hope you get better quickly. I know that medication mistake was scary, but don't forget it is always your right to ask questions about Robin's care. It is even Robin's legal right to see his chart. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I'm happy to hear about Robin's liver tests. I'm still praying for his liver and mouth. Keep us posted!

GTG watch a movie with DH. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:50 PM   #12  

Sandra, yes the trainer was with me. In hindsight, I think that I must have been a little dehydrated, so I'll drink more water, maybe mixed with Gatorade. I was drinking throughout the session, but perhaps not enough. I didn't have any more trouble during the day.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:56 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, when I told Curtis, he said it sounded like dehydration. I'm glad you have it under control and know what caused your problem. You scared me. I'm glad you're all right.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! The scale is slowly coming down. I started at 6 pounds up and am now down to just 3 up! I'm on program and missing Christmas cookies and candy.

Today is errand day and Christmas returns. And, the boy, AKA Brodie has to go to the Vet for his second flu vaccine.

Nancy, that's wonderful news on Robin. I hope you get better quickly so you can go and be by his side. I guess God knew you wouldn't rest unless he forced the cold on you to make you get rest.

Rhonda, I hope you are feeling ok today. What a scary thing to have happen to you.

Last edited by Vickie; 12-28-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #15  
focused and aiming

Good morning. I'm still sick with a cold. I'm hoping to be well enough and not contagious so I can be with the granddaughters some this week.

Vickie, 3 pounds off already! That's wonderful. You'll have the other 3 off in no time as well.

Nancy, I hope you're feeling better and can be by Robin's side again asap.

Rhonda, I'm watching doves and a few other unidentified birds feeding right now. Still no woodpeckers.

I'm off here now to bake some tilapia for lunch. I'll catch ya'll later.