Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 04:44 AM   #1  

Default exercise log

I'm making this for anyone who wants or needs encouragement to get out there and exercise. so, if this sounds like you just pop in and read what others are doing to lose weight or just for a little boost to get your butt out of that chair and move, let's do it together and give each other a little support.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:52 AM   #2  

ok, so here's the scoop on me. I keep telling myself i'm gonna exercise in the morning before work, morning comes and i sit on the computer doing......well this (enough said). anyways, i started the adkins diet last week and wanted to wait to ad exercise till i was used to this diet, well atleast that was last weeks excuse. so what's this weeks gonna be.

To top it off, my dh bought me a new recumbent exercise bike that sits motionless in my living room (you know right behind me) so it's time i get off my butt and ride the thing or lift weights or do something. actually, with all this thought about exercise I finally gave in about 10 minutes again and dug out the torso track (so my stomache should kill me for the next 3 days).

so, anyways, join me and maybe we can all get off our butts and workout together.

Old 04-03-2003, 08:28 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi... and welcome!

Just thought I would let you know there is already a similar thread to this called "April Exercise Challenge" over in the "General Diet Plans" section... and invite you to come over and join us! We each set our own goals and then report in as we make progress during the month... makes it fun and motivating!

Sue
Old 04-03-2003, 08:58 AM   #4  

Wink Getting started is the hard part!

Here's my reply " No Way But Up" (if you are gonna keep this thread going).

Anyway I actually enjoy exercise, it's the getting started that is tough! I work and have a DH and two DC, so finding me time is difficult. So the best time for me to do my workout video is in the morning before everyone gets up, BUT that means I have to get up extra early, so some days it gets missed!! And the weather has been beautiful here lately, so I have tried to get an afternoon outdoors walk in, have been pretty successful with that this week. I walk around the field (we live on a farm), it is about 3/4 mile around, I try to make it a power walk!!

The video I do is Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds for Abs, I am doing the 2 mile tape right now, soon I will try to move p to her 3 mile (45 min), video.

I have ordered one of the videos in the 8 Minute series, I ordered and am waiting for 8 Minute Abs, with 8 Minute Arms! Because those are two of my trouble spots!!

Well anyway that is all I have going exercise wise right now!

Have a good day! Now let's move!!
Old 04-03-2003, 09:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey There!

I will tell you this.... I am NOT a morning person so i used to try to exercise at night... i never got it in because "LIFE" happened and I was tired and I found all the excuses....

Finally about 4 months ago this switch went in my head when I knew I had to do this.... I had a membership to the Y forever, I have a treadmill and probably every exercise video known to man! For me I figured out I had to leave the house because I would come up with the excuses or be half way through and think I dont want to do this anymore....etc. Then I figured out I had to do it before I did ANYTHING! So my alarm goes off at 5:30 am (remember NOT a morning person!) I role out of bed and put on my gym clothes that I have set out at the foot of the bed, go to the bathroom, splash my face with water and brush my teeth, grab a bottle of water and a yogurt and cottage cheese out of the fridge and hop in the car... i am literally in the car within 5 minutes of getting up.... i eat the yogurt cup on the way to the gym for a little boost.... once I get there I do my workout and what I have found is that once I am there I might as well do it all...

And while I am not an exercise fan and it was REALLY hard to do this at first I am now addicted.... it took about a month for this to happen but when I miss my workout in the morning I am tired and draggy all day.... It does work you just have to decide that you are worth the effort.....

Good Luck!!!
Old 04-03-2003, 12:28 PM   #6  

No Way: Hey let me add my 2 cents! I started in January of this year weighing nearly 400 lbs. I have lost 70 lbs since then and part of it was because I exercise! I started with 1/2 mile twice a day (walking and not fast. It was a real trial for me to get the half mile done, but I was determined) I moved to 3/4 mile twice a day, but injured myself walking on payment and uphill so started walking in the mall every day instead. That is about 1 1/4 and I am now power walking which I would never have been able to do without persistance at it. I walk 6 days a week no matter what! You have to make it a priority and a routine or you won't stick with it!

Honey, If big ole me can do this, than I know you can too!

GO FOR IT! Donna
Old 04-04-2003, 12:09 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Angel

I used to love working out in the morning too, and still often do it on weekends; at times I am in the gym at 4:30 on Sundays so I can make my 9:00 AM Worship Service. But now on weekdays I have to get up at 4:30 - 5:00 AM to get to work so earlier than that for the gym just doesn't happen. But I agree with you... great when you can do it!!

Sue
Old 04-05-2003, 03:52 PM   #8  

hey all,

welcome everyone who joined me. I haven't done to well at getting my exercise in but i had to work at the school today so on my breaks i walked the halls. i got in two 15-minute walks.

how is everyone else doing?
Old 04-05-2003, 08:44 PM   #9  
Happy Member

Default I Hate Exercise -

Yes, I really do hate to exercise. BUT I realize that it is necessary that I just go ahead and grit my teeth and DO IT.

And additional point I want to make is that I am a senior citizen, so a few aches and pains around the edges occasionally gets in the way of my exercise.

My current exercise vow is to power walk at the mall for 20-30 minutes, 4-5 times per week.

On other days I often do an exercise video - I have several of these but what I would recommend to other senior citizens are Leslie Sansone's "Walk & Firm for Older Adults" and Richard Simmons "Platnum Sweat."

And I do have hand weights so that I can do some strength training occasionally.

Warmer weather is coming, and then I will be able to walk in the neighborhood.

I sorta wish I had gotten into the habit of regular exercise when I was younger, but I didn't. The point is that it is never too late to get started doing what is good for you.

And let's all keep smiling -
Old 04-05-2003, 10:00 PM   #10  
Hardcore UFOs

I thought I would join in and say hello, since I just finished a Pilates video and did pretty well! It was that Breakthru Pilates with Michelle Dozios and Tracy York... 45 minutes of deceptively simple work -- Pilates kills me, but I sure do enjoy it! This is only the second time I've tried it (I did Pilates for Dummies the first time a few weeks ago), but I bought both these videos on eBay and will make them part of my weekly rotation.

My main form of exercise is with videos, usually first thing in the morning (I'm a firm believer in morning exercise -- it's a great way to start your day if you have the right schedule for it). Initially I used my mom's copies of Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies, and then started trying out many others by checking videos out of the library! What a great way to find out what you like and what you don't -- for free! My favorites so far are Fat Burning for Dummies with Gay Gasper, any of Donna Richardson's videos (she's fun!), and Tamilee Webb's "I Want That Body!" (though I still don't own that one).

Otherwise, I walk on occasion during breaks at work. I work at a large university and you can walk for a good half hour without having to go outside! Of course, once the weather turns nice again I plan on getting back outside for walks regularly. It's a great campus for that. Unfortunately I am starting to think that we're going to go from winter directly into summer and won't see decent weather until June! :P I mean, come on -- ice storms in April???

Anyway, I look forward to checking in with you and sharing our successes!

~~Amy
Old 04-07-2003, 04:42 AM   #11  

Default start of a new week

morning all, it's 4:30a.m on monday morning (the start of a brand new week). I've vowed to exercise this week, not just cardio but weights as well. I already rode my exercise bike for 20 minutes and tonight i will lift weights, i'm determined to get my exercise in this week.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:10 PM   #12  
Hardcore UFOs

It's me again. Today I did Fat Burning for Dummies, which I love (45 minutes), and a 10-minute walk at work. Tomorrow morning it'll be Pilates again.

I'm dragging a little from the time change, but I'm psyched up for a great week of activity!

~~Amy
Old 04-07-2003, 10:19 PM   #13  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Ok, I'll hop on the wagon.

I did my 45min walk yesterday, but due to snow storms today I stayed inside, and relaxed

Im a walker, and would rather do that, than anything else. I have a set of weights, but I need to get the ambition up to pick them up again.

Amy..... from North Buffalo!!

Robin
Old 04-08-2003, 04:24 PM   #14  

Default hey all

well this week is going pretty good with exercise Last night i lifted weights for my bi's, tri's and shoulders and this morning i worked on my calves and stomache (ouch, it still hurt from using the torso track the other day).

My plan is to do the bike every other morning and weights (each bodypart atleast once a week) with any luck it's all done before the weekend.

by the way, welcome aboard everyone!!
Old 04-08-2003, 05:05 PM   #15  

Does dancing around in my underwear this morning count? Silly me....

I got my 1 mile walk in, and then when I had some errands to run later in the morning, I got off the bus a couple of blocks sooner so I could get everything done and get more walking time in!

Each day that goes by, I noticed my knees (I have osteoarthritis, that started 11 years ago) are becoming less stiff and painful!
Closed Thread