Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 05:24 AM   #1  

Default Positive Uplifting Notification: One Positive Thing About Me Today Is....part Thirtee

I am honored to fill in for Ags and start Part Thirteen for all of us. I was going to just copy Ags words, word for word, but Ags is a one of a kind and can't be copied. So bare with me folks...

This thread is a way to reshape the way we think about ourselves. A way to take those odd moments and rethink them and turn them into a POSITIVE. No matter what kind of day your having if you look hard enough you can always find a POSITIVE thing about it.

We want to hear all about it, weather it be about weight loss, staying on plan for the day, or that God has blessed you with another day on this beautiful earth. Shout it out and claim it.

We are here to support, motivate and encourage each other everyday. Now as our leader of the POSITIVE thread would say...

Now let's get this party started and show you how we are. Jump in, sit back, take your shoes off and stay a while, for here , we are family!!!!!

LEARN

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 12-22-2010 at 05:30 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:29 AM   #2  

Only 3 more days until Christmas!

Old 12-22-2010, 07:25 AM   #3  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Oh, am I first??

Ona, I just have loved you since the first day I saw you posting on this thread. You are one of a kind, girl, and your light shines bright! You inspire me a whole, whole lot. Thanks for that!

Susan, you ARE one determined chick! And a pretty one. I will give your family the benefit of the doubt and assume they wanted you to take the picture because they knew you don't like to be in pictures much (at least I'm guessing you don't - I never have!). If you DO like to get pictures taken, then that was just mean. People don't always think of how their words and deeds can affect others, and it's just a lesson to all of us to think before we speak! I hope you're having a fun holiday, I'll let you know how the movie is, I think we're going tomorrow.

Bo, you sound perfectly SURROUNDED by kiddos! It must be a crazy and exciting life! I myself OFTEN wonder how moms with more than ONE handle Christmas! What a sweet, kind lady you are to let your daughter's friend move in. You have very lucky kids!

Learn, thank you for stepping in for Ags, she will be so proud that someone kept her legacy going in her absense! I can't believe Andrew is still not off school till tomorrow -- what a skimpy break!

Today is going to be go over to aunt Janie's and watch Netflix movies all day long day. Knowing her, she's got snacks planned, but I bought some low-cal popcorn to take over there with me, so I think I'm set.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
Old 12-23-2010, 03:45 AM   #4  

Only 2 more days until Christmas!

Old 12-23-2010, 06:33 AM   #5  

Good morning friends!
Guess it was just you and I yesterday Stella...
Way to go on planning ahead with the popcorn. How was movie day? Yes Andrew is finally off from school for christmas break. He doesn't go back until Jan. 10th. I love having him home with me.

I had a POP day yesterday, both eating and exercising. Without a car there's no way of getting into trouble. I have been trying to stay busy and not allow myself to get so bored and raid the refrigerator, so believe it or not I have vacuumed the house 3 days in a row.
Yesterday mom fell at the ALF, but a nurse caught her as she was going down, so she wasn't hurt. She has been having dizzy spells and I think we've narrowed it down to a new med she is taking for memory, so they will stop those to see if it helps. Once my husband got home I went to see her and she was just fine. I ended up staying and taking her to a christmas party/sing-a-long. She totally enjoyed it.
I had a little De Javu (sp?) moment when we were all singing Jingle Bell Rock. When I was 12 yrs old I got up and sang the very same song all by myself at a nursing home my dad always played at (he had a CW band) for christmas. So 39 yrs later all the memories came back like it was just yesterday. I have been blessed with a great childhood my friends.

That's it for me, I hope everyone has a great day and remember...

Guardrails Up & Keep Looking Up!

LEARN
Old 12-23-2010, 08:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Learn! Hi Shannon! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

My news is I had my annual physical exam and it came out great. The interesting thing is that even though I have felt like I'm not losing any weight, I'm down 20 pounds since I was there in May, so I have been losing 2.5 pounds a month! I guess it feels like I'm going nowhere because it's so slow.

One big thing that has happened in the last year is I am totally off acid reflux medication. I had had very bad acid reflux for some time and actually went to the emergency room once some years ago thinking I was having a heart attack but it was acid reflux. I went off the meds about a year ago. I did have a minor relapse when a different doctor put me on a diet with more carbs like oatmeal and more fruits, but when I went back to my primal/paleo diet (basically, veggies and proteins and the very occasional fruit or starch), the acid reflux went away again, thank goodness.

So, here is the surprise. My doctor is very traditional and had originally wanted me to go on the "standard" diet with lots of grains and low-fat. I knew that wouldn't work for me because I knew I couldn't sustain it. My body would be screaming at me to eat more*more*more. So originally I went on Atkins, then transitioned over to calorie counting but still maintained the lower carb "paleo" approach which satisfies me more so I don't have those insurmountable cravings. (Here is a link to the general plan if you're interested.)

So .... here is the surprise. My doctor had totally forgotten our discussions on what food plan I was following and gave me his most recent thoughts on what people should eat. And he basically told me his new ideas on eating ... which happen to be what I've been telling him for the past two years (but he didn't really remember).

He told me cutting back on carbs is good, that we weren't made to eat so many carbs. He gave me the "paleo" story (although he didn't call it that) about how our ancestors ate things they could pick off a tree or pull from the ground and what they hunted. They didn't eat wheat or any grain that had to be modified, and it would be good if we all went back to eating how our ancestors ate! (Then he gave me the example of how he eats 6 pieces of pizza because of the carbs.)

Anyway, he seems to think with my body composition (big hips, boobs, legs) that I need to re-evaluate where I want to stop in about 15 pounds because (another surprise) he doesn't believe in the weight charts at all. He doesn't even keep them for reference! (In 15 pounds I will still be technically obese and I'm definitely getting below that category! But it was nice he thinks I'm close to being where I "should" be).

Anyway, it was an unlifting doctor appointment and that was nice.

Last edited by CJZee; 12-23-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #7  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default Merry Christmas Everyone :)

[SIZE="3"]

MERRY MERRY CHRiSTMAS TO YOU~~~~ ONE AND ALL!!!

LEARN....wow...a break from school until jan 10th?? thats a nice break!! i know andrew will so love having time with his mama!! great job on the POP'ing days....but seriously...vacuuming 3 days in a row?? oooh please come to my house...i have a vacuum you can use!! hahaha i should do that next time instead of retreating into the tub to keep me outta the kitchen!
i am sorry your mom fell, but so thankful the nurse caught her and she wasn't hurt. how splendid it must have been to have such a beautiful trip down memory lane

SHANNON...how was your movie day?? any good movies??? i love spending time with loved ones watching a good movie and then playing games!!! we won't be able to visit family this year, so i am kinda sad, but i know that nigel and i will have a splendid christmas together...i love just sitting and listening to christmas music in the dark with just the tree lights on...so pretty!!

CJ....awesome on your dr visit...its nice to be reminded that you are doing a great job on your weight loss!! keep it up!!![/SIZE]
Old 12-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #8  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 327.6/321.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, everyone! It's going to be a great day!!!

I wanted to post yesterday, but every time I got started posting, hubby or one of the kids was all "come do this...let's go shopping for that!" It's exhausting to be loved this much, but oh, so worth it!

Learn--I'm glad your mom is ok! It's so scary when they get dizzy and fall like that...I remember catching more than one person when I was a CNA. Your Christmas story reminds me of a lot of my Christmases, but I was never bold enough to actually stand up and sing by myself until I was well into adulthood...now I suspect some people probably wish I'd stop!

Shannon--Netflix+Low-Cal Popcorn=1 great day! What movies did you watch? The kids and I have been really been into board game nights lately, but maybe we should have a movie night soon.

CJ--How much do you love a great doctor's visit? Way to go, girlie!!

Rainbow--You didn't say anything about yourself today, but I just wanted to let you know that you are awesome, and I'm glad you're here!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #9  
2X4 no more

S/C/G: 320/284/140

Height: 5'4"

Who the heck is impersonating Susan? That pic is so not you girlie...did someone hijack your face and bod? It's afreakin me out a bit here....you are still a hottie, but I'm just sayin'...is that you? Hot stuffs.

Learn, those meds can be something. So many of them can cause vertigo. Thank God there was a nurse there.
That is so cool that you got to sing and have some happy memories.
Merry Christmas to you dear friend.

CJ, so glad to hear your doc is giving up on those charts. I love low carbing. After being fat for 26 years, struggling with losing and regaining over and over and over...I am so happy to have found a way that I do not even have to think about. My focus on food was driving me crazy and fat.
Now I just know what I can and can't eat and have fun with it.
Good luck to you.
There are so many low carb great recipes out there and you can eat CHESSECAKE!! yep CHEESECAKE !!! That does it for me right there.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:30 PM   #10  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

First of all let me say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have missed you all more than you will ever ever know. But hot diggity ding dang, I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learn,
I would like to take this time to tell you how much I appreciate you stepping up and taking the reigns for me in my absence. I always knew I choose the right person, friend and neighbor to be my GATEKEEPER!!! You have done a marvelous and outstanding job on keeping things together for me, for us all. I thank you for the phone calls, they helped to keep me oh so grounded until my computer came back to life, just now!!! I love you girl!!!

I see we have new family members and others that have returned and found their way home. OMG!! Bo, I thrilled to see you, I have missed you and all of your wit. Ona, my wise one, Shannon, my soft heared spirit and how is Lily, by the way, Woodie, you made my day when I heard from you, my heart is now at ease and my CJ, one of my first, your card was beautiful, you know great minds think alot, I sent out those same little angels and couple of years ago, it made me smile soooo much, last but not least, my Carol, the phone call did me a world of good. While I was gone, it seemed as though a piece of me was missing, a whole, a void in my heart, but now re-birth is here. Thank you my Jesus!!!!

Now I see we have some new folks, so I am going back to read the last the 13"s thread and will be back as to not miss anyone, cause here we are all FAMILY!!!

Rainbow,
I would like to say WELCOME to our humble abode, please stay awhile, sit back, take off those shoes and relax, cause you are in for the ride of your life!!!

Thanks to all for my Christmas Cards, each and every single one touched my heart and gave me such great joy!!!!

As for ole Ags, my positive is, I am still standing, I look like a blow fish with bleeding eyes right now, but this will not get me down because my God has by back and front!!! Long live the LOVE, JOY, PEACE,THE GRACE OF JESES!!!

Here us is a special hello to my INk, Stella, Hottie, Shia, just to name and few I do not see. Now don't make me come out sending out APB's already. Fun, Amanda and the whole sha bang!!! LOL LOL LOL

I will be back tomorrow and Learn thanks for all the pretty pictures for the countdown.
Again, I love you all. Now let's rock this joint!!!!

Hugs love and blessings,
remember to make everyday count,
Ags
Old 12-23-2010, 11:47 PM   #11  
Feed Your Freedom

WOW!!! such bubbly joy and love and spirit!! i love u already ags!!!! welcome back and nice to meet you
Old 12-23-2010, 11:56 PM   #12  
Feed Your Freedom

hey chickadoodlessss.....i just noticed that they are having a sign up for the biggest loser 2011 here on 3fc...anyone here up for the challenge???
Old 12-24-2010, 05:32 AM   #13  

Only one more day until Christmas!

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 12-24-2010 at 05:33 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:14 AM   #14  

Good morning all!
Gonna make it quick this morning and jump right into my POSITIVE from yesterday.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning All...

BACK AGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS We have all missed you and are glad that you are back

This week has not been good for me I have not been POP at all and I havent been exercising but I am going to start back on Sunday no more excuses.

MY GOOD NEWS IS...they extended my stay at work until Jan 15th whoohoo! I hope maybe soon they will decide to keep me permanently instead of extending it all the time I got my fingers crossed

Well, I will be back on sunday so I just wanted to wish all you ladies on here:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

Have a wonderful xmas eve and xmas day
Take Care,
Heather
Closed Thread