Old 12-24-2010, 01:52 AM   #1  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Default Fat legs!

Ok. So I have lost 101 lbs since April. Clearly I look a lot better than I used to. Went to a party last night to people I haven't seen since the beginning of my journey. The husband was lovely - totally stunned and bowled over by how good I look. The wife (a serial yo yo dieter) also told me I looked great. Later on in the evening I was telling her I still wanted to lose 44lbs (to get into the "normal" weight range). She told me then that yes, I still have fat legs (I don't actually theyr'e quite skinny) and that I was as fat as her !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was so upset. I have worked very hard to be where I am now. I appreciate I'm not perfect, but damn, I am not flabby, look good in clothes and don't deserve to be told I have fat legs and that I'm as fat as the size 16 woman next door (I wear a 12!) GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Sorry - I really needed to get that off my chest, I didn't sleep last night for worrying over that (Stupid, vain and self centred I know!)
Thanks for listening you lovely Chickies !
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:00 AM   #2  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

OMG people are ridiculous! are you KIDDING me she said that??? WOW it's horrifying and funny at the same time ~ you're a better person than I am, that's for sure, a "WOW you're a size 12 too??? Where do you put it all?" would have slipped out before I remembered that Santa is listening!!!!

Well that's your xmas gift to her - obviously she needed to feel better about herself at your expense!

Last edited by Trazey34; 12-24-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:12 AM   #3  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

You said the wife is a serial yo-yo dieter, yes? And she's bigger than you right now? One word: jealous!! She wants her diet to work as well as yours, and because she can't keep it up she has to make herself feel good.
We all do it. We're just not all rude about it!!

Don't let that bring you down... you KNOW you've been doing great, and you KNOW you don't have fat legs, and you KNOW you're not a size 16.
I'm shocked at the nerve on some people!
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:12 AM   #4  
I Will do this....

Thanks Tracey -
She had a wrap dress on and her breasts were truly on display for all to see! I don't mean cleavage I mean her breasts were totally OUT !!! I know rationally I should have said something back to her, but I was so stunned I actually had no real response other than to nod and agree with her
Rien - I know whats rational and what I should really feel about her, but I thought because she IS a serial dieter that she would know better than to make a devastating comment like that. I don't expect everyone to think I look good, or think I have nice legs or whatever, but the bl**dy rudeness I can't take.
Thanks ladies for reassuring me

Last edited by starbrite; 12-24-2010 at 02:15 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/144/104

Height: 5'1"

Omg... I don't even know what to say. Maybe she still sees herself as a size 12? Some people have skewed images of themselves and of others. Or if she's doing it deliberately - how rude!!! Don't let it bother you... she's probably just green with envy at your progress (PLUS her husband complimented YOU!)

OT:
This reminds me of my schoolmate who wanted me to try on some clothes that she'd like to give to her cousin who is, according to her, "my size". When another classmate asked me what I was doing, I told her and she was shocked. Apparently, the cousin is around 250lbs... I was 150lbs. In fact, the schoolmate asking me to try on clothes is bigger than me... but in her head, I was as big as her cousin...
brokengently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:52 AM   #6  
I Will do this....

Brokengently - aren't people hilarious ?? Can't get my head round how some people make themselves feel better by being rude to you!
Old 12-24-2010, 02:56 AM   #7  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

"Stupid, vain, ridiculous" - that's her absolutely! OK, she might still see herself as a 12 in her head, she could Genuinely have thought you're both the same size; it happens. What you don't say is the F word - you're as Fat as me; you have Fat legs. She was being deliberately rude. Try and not waste another thought on her, or she's won!

And well done on the 101, that's amazing!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:09 AM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I have a token response for those situations, when I can't think of anything else to say because whoever said something to me so rude that I am nearly speechless.

I say, "Do you realize you just said that out loud?" with sometimes an added "how embarrassing for you" and sometimes just a mild chuckle.

Works like a charm, in all of those situations, so I don't have to think of snappy comebacks on the spot.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:18 AM   #9  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

That's hilarious mandalinn! I love it. I am going to steal it.

I was telling my mother (who can be my biggest supporter, or biggest critic, depending on her mood), that someone said I was skinny and needed to stop losing weight. She said "can you imagine...you certainly aren't skinny....and you have a long ways to go before you stop losing". I wish I had seen your response before she said that.

to starbrite-you have done a terrific job! Please don't let a nasty remark from a jealous woman make you feel bad about yourself. I'm so sorry that you had to hear that and go through it.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:44 AM   #10  
You'll be given love...

S/C/G: 328/283/140.00

Height: 5'5

You have amazing self control. I would have slapped her.

I have one of those friends who isnt quite as bad, though. I'm losing, she is not...but she is about 100lbs smaller than me. I havent heard a "Why are YOU losing, but I'm not!" yet, which I commend her for. But I hope it doesnt get there.
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:54 AM   #11  
I Will do this....

Thank you all soooooooooo much
Your comments have really helped. It's Christmas Eve and I'm going to forget about her and her stupid comments-life's too short!
You are the reason I have kept going this time. Thank you x
Old 12-24-2010, 04:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Starbrite I only have a few words about this for you. Quite simply put, if this woman does not have the heart to do what you are doing - to put her whole soul into attaining her goal weight - her opinion is irrelevant....she just does not matter!

Last edited by The Last Noel; 12-24-2010 at 04:35 AM.
The Last Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #13  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Seriously?! There is only one word to describe her--JEALOUS. I use those types of comments from others to fuel my workouts!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #14  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
I have a token response for those situations, when I can't think of anything else to say because whoever said something to me so rude that I am nearly speechless.

I say, "Do you realize you just said that out loud?" with sometimes an added "how embarrassing for you" and sometimes just a mild chuckle.

Works like a charm, in all of those situations, so I don't have to think of snappy comebacks on the spot.
I love this!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #15  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Starbrite I agree with everyone else about her being jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmin2043 View Post
I was telling my mother (who can be my biggest supporter, or biggest critic, depending on her mood)
I can totally relate to your comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post

That's a perfect comment. I need to try to remember this. I might have to use it sometime.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote