Old 12-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/148.6/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Christmas Day Plan?

What are your food plans for Christmas Day?

Are you calorie counting? Not worrying about it? Avoiding sweets? Indulging?

I am making Christmas dinner for my family- not sure what's on the menu yet (yikes!) but I like that i will have some control over it. what i don't like is that i will SO want to nibble while i'm cooking...

I am almost more worried about a holiday party we have tonight- it's wine and dessert...my most wickedly tempting combination!

so- what are your plans?
socalfelicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

I have a plan for the first time in my life.

I have already logging most of the food in my WW point calculator. Quantity is the only variable.

I will take my dog for a walk!! She'll need to walk off some of her treats, too!

I will have a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle on the breakfast nook table to keep us busy and not grazing.

And I am not worrying about it. My focus is on my company and having fun not how many calories or points I might be using. Sunday is soon enough for the tallying.

And Monday is the reckoning!!! Hahaha!
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/130

Height: 5'3

I work for Christmas and therefore miss out on the food, but if I were having to deal with it, I would just eat in moderation. Maybe even eat a big healthy snack before Christmas dinner so I'd be less inclined to overeat on unhealthy food.
criss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #4  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

My plan is no seconds. I can have limited portions of whatever I want, but one plate is enough. And I will make sure my slice of pie is a SLICE. Not half the pie. LOL. Sunday starts detox for me!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:00 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

We are having our Christmas dinner tomorrow.

I am having it catered as I ordered it from a local restaurant and I'll pick it up and reheat.

My plan lately has been no snacks, period. My plan for tomorrow probably is to eat 2 meals instead of 3 or count desert as my 3rd meal. Basically I'll eat breakfast, I'll eat a late lunch/early dinner of the catered food and that is it. I'll preportion out my meal, no seconds, no snacks.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

I'm calorie counting and staying on plan. Anytime I've eaten some little thing I shouldn't, I get the cravings back and feel sluggish. My family has been here for a week already and everyday has been a feast of some kind for them. I sit at the table with them, enjoy the conversation, but eat my own food, not the high calorie yuck on the table. It was hard the first couple of days, all the smells and watching them scarf it down, but it's easier now and very empowering to resist it. I feel strong and in control and I'm not going to risk it. We're having prime rib. I'll have a small piece of that, raw veggies (no dip) and some plain green beans, that's it. I'll leave the breads, pies, cheeses, dips, potatoes and gravy to them.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #7  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I am making "on plan" foods.

Prime Rib and lots of roasted green yummyness. Sugar free Pumpkin cheesecake (just enough for the 8 of us no left overs) and then whatever IS left I am likely sending away with the parentals LOL

Of course as I say that here at the office is full of treats all week and I have not been very careful about eating them LOL.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #8  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

We will be having grilled t-bone steaks, garlic bread, greenbean casserole and chef salad. I plan to eat that large meal. I will also make some deserts. For Christmas day I want a sample of each desert.
Then the day after I will count the cost
I ate like this for Thanksgiving and I gained about 2 Lbs. I have looked forward to this- so I will just have to back peddle a little bit.
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #9  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Same as my Thanksgiving plan, which worked wonderfully.

I'm counting calories and recording everything just as I usually do. I plan to eat maintenance calories instead of loss calories; for me, that means 2100 instead of my usual 1500. (Of course, I don't have to eat all of them--it's totally okay if I only feel like eating 1800 or so--but there's room for a spoonful of stuffing here and there.)

Thanksgiving didn't give me an upward bounce and I don't expect Christmas will, either--but if it does, I won't panic because I know it won't be significant fat gain.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I'll be counting and staying within my calorie budget, and eating everything in moderation. We do a Christmas breakfast with DH's familiy and a christmas dinner with my family - I think I'll split my calories fairly evenly between the two with maybe a bit leftover for a small snack in the afternoon.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 294/204/175

Height: 5'6"

I am planning on eating in moderation... I'm not going to try to count, I think that would just be impossible since I'm not cooking all the food... so, I'll try to make the best choices I can, and have as few "treats" as possible... it is Christmas after all... I expect a gain, I just don't want too big of one

Good luck ladies
EvilGidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:41 PM   #12  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I've had the same plan the last 3 years. My mom's turkey dinner is a thing of beauty, and I refuse to have substitutions for a one meal affair. I can say no to the sweets and booze, but I allow myself to have a large plate of all my dinner favourites, enjoy it and savour it, and then it's over. I take home the white meat (since no one else likes it) and have it in sandwiches for a week, I love it! It's a meal, a day at the most, not a month LOL
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I am planning on enjoying the company of my new found family (fiance's family), we're actually making the announcement on Christmas when we go over to his Mom's house. They're making turkey, and all the trimmings. I'm making homemade cupcakes, and taking healthy snacks (an apple and some clementines) to snack on while I'm there. Also taking my crocheting to work on while we talk, his mom always does sewing by hand, so it won't be considered rude.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:10 PM   #14  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

Already Planned :-)

Brunch-
egg
whole wheat toast slice
1/2 cup of hashbrown
3-4 slices of bacon- oh my fave!
Coffee

Dinner-
Vegetable Lasagna- 1 slice.
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:39 PM   #15  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Our original Christmas dinner plans have been canceled because my MIL who was going to do it, has the flu.

So, I picked up a small turkey, the ingredients for stuffing, and a few other things. I'll be making a small dinner for just hubby and I. It will make it easy to stay away from all the bad stuff.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote