Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 08:04 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Baby Chat Week of March 30th!!!

Good Morning!!!
Karen--When any of the crew escapes in the house, they immediately sleep in the crib, the bouncy seat, the pack and play and anywhere else baby things are..We dont let them in the house..THey have their own glass room for being inside!!!!Good Luck!! Cant help U with those little creatures!!!They have a mind of their own!!!

Lauren--How is the Fenugreek working?? I am gonna get some and start it today...I had to use 10 oz of Enfamil Lipil yesterday to supplement..IT was the first time since she was 3 days old that anything other than breast milk was given..I didnt want to do it, but my baby needed it and I couldnt provide enough..SHe has hit another growth spurt soo I must drink and make more!!!!We can do 1 tbls Rice cereal twice daily when she is 16 weeks..I am doing everything exactly as the Pedi says....
Well..I decided to buy one of each proof and then some wallets and 5x7's of 2 of the pics..I hate choosing, soo I bought the proofs. They are 3x5's and only $3 each, soo what the heck!!! That is why I am working!!!!
Have a great day!!
WE are taking Kaylee to her first hockey game today!!!!]
Vicki

Last edited by RoadRunner; 03-30-2003 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-30-2003, 08:20 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Vicki, I think the Fenugreek is working, I've noticed a slight increase. I up'd it to 4 3x a day, and may up it to 5 in a few days if I don't see significant change. One of the girls on the other board is taking 5 3x a day, so I figure it can't hurt! I recommend you try it though. DH said last night that my scalp smells like maple syrup!! (That's one of the side effects, your sweat and pee smells like maple syrup!!) Not such a bad side effect I think! Have fun at the hockey game.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:11 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning!!

I had my family baby shower yesterday. It was a lot of fun. We got a lot of of cute stuff. One of DH's cousins bought him a book called "Baby: An Owner's Manual" that was a huge hit with him. He read the whole thing last night (it's not that long). It's a very funny book. I think I am getting brave today and I'm going to wash the 0-3 clothes!! I have so many now I can have a whole load with those and the sheets, towels, blankets. Whew, it makes me nervous!!

Have a super day guys!!
Old 03-31-2003, 07:38 AM   #4  

The Oatmeal is working!!!! No supplements needed yesterday and able to pump enough to give her today!!! She did well with the Enfamil Lipil!!! No gas or spitting up!!!
RR
Old 03-31-2003, 09:34 AM   #5  
LBH

RR- Glad the oatmeal seems to be working! It didn't seem to do too much for me. I really hope the Fenugreek works better soon though.

Karen- Glad you had a good time and got all that stuff! Did you wash it? Isn't it fun to fold it all and put it away? I had soo much fun folding baby clothes!!

My mom came over yesterday and helped me clean up the bedroom. I'm such a slob I can't stand it. I have clothes everywhere. I filled a rubbermaid bucket with maternity clothes and was gonna send them home with mom for the basement, but she didn't have anymore room in her car, because she already had the bassinet and cradle frame in there. So I'll have to bring that over next weekend when we're there. I hope the warm weather comes back and sticks around too, so I can put all the winter stuff in bags and bring that over too.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:28 PM   #6  

Lauren--I was able to get almost 15 oz today.. I am excited about the increase all of a sudden..I am mixing 2 oz Enfamil LIPIL with 4 oz EBM for her daycare..We are doing strictly BM in the evenings....She is getting soo big!!!!
Vicki
Old 04-02-2003, 11:07 AM   #7  

Hi guys,

THE NURSERY IS READY!! The clothes are washed and put away, the crib has nice a nice clean sheet and the pretties are on the wall. We just have to switch the air conditioners. Then DH says he will help me take pictues. It has turned out so cute. I can't wait to get Alex home and see him in his cute room.

Hope you guys are having a great day.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:58 AM   #8  

Karen--Isnt it a great feeling to have the nursery completed?? How much longer now???

kaylee is doing good with the ENfamil Lipil and breast milk mixture....Little toot is still wanting mommy every 1.5-2 hrs during the night...I have decided to get any sleep, I will just leave her in bed and deal with the consequences later....She will start out in the crib, just not end up that way..Oh well!!!
Have a great day!!!
RR
Old 04-03-2003, 08:45 AM   #9  
LBH

Happy 10 wks. Peter!!
Old 04-03-2003, 08:46 AM   #10  
LBH

I can't believe my baby is 10 wks. old today!!
Old 04-03-2003, 08:50 AM   #11  
LBH

Hey Guys,

It's soo hard to get computer time in lately...darn work!!

Vicki, I really need to get pumping more often. Now that he's nursing more often, I forget to pump like a 1/2 hr. later, or so. I'm only pumping like 2x a day now. Have to get more Fenugreek. I think it helped a little, but I'm trying to eat the oatmeal again too, to see if the combination of both works better.

Karen, can't wait to see the pics of the nursery!!

Gotta go take a shower while Petey's sleeping!!
Old 04-04-2003, 04:41 PM   #12  

Hi guys,

I think I am being hormonal. They had a shower for me at work today. They invited DH and he said he would come. Then he forgot. I think they weren't going to tell me but they didn't want me to leave (it was at the end of the day) not knowing if he was just late. I feel like crying. I mean HE FORGOT!! I called his office and he answered the phone. I figured out then he forgot.

Think I am going to go off and cry in the shower before he gets home.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:45 PM   #13  

Karen..soo sorry about DH forgetting...Maybe he has the pg hormone forgetfullness????Glad U Had a nice shower!!

Lauren--Petey is sooo cute!!! Kaylee made 15weeks...Next weekend, we can give her 1 tlbs rice cereal twice a day..I am gonna video her efforts!!!!!
She had the runny nose, coughing and sneezing all night which led to throwing up from coughing soo hard...I woke up with a white crusty face she was spitting up so much...
I made 15oz milk today at work...I think the oatmeal and 64 oz of water are really doing it..i froze it cuz I am giving her the 2 oz Enfamil with 4 oz BM and didnt need the extra...

Thought I would share a funny pic!!!
Vicki
Old 04-04-2003, 11:41 PM   #14  
LBH

OMG, that's such a funny pic!!

Karen, I'm soo sorry DH forgot your shower! Men do get prego brain too though. As if they didn't have it bad enough before... Hope you had a good cry, get used to it, the closer you get, the more you cry!

Tomorrow's gonna be a long day, we're going to PA for Aunt Madah's memorial service. Have to be at IL's house at 9:00 AM to follow them. Takes about 1.5 hrs. to get there. Hopefully Peter sleeps the whole way!

Sunday is his baptism at DH's church. My mom and brother aren't happy about it (no one else in the family knows), but my SIL is godmother, and she's OK with it. Baptism does not mean the same to me and my family as it does to DH, but it's important to him, so we're doing it. Peter will not be raised Catholic, just baptized there.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:23 AM   #15  

Good Morning,

OK, had a good cry and got over it!! Course, DH had a few tense hours before I let him off the hook.

Here are pictures of the nursery:

www.ajk.apkweb.com

Finally!! We were up until 12:30 getting those done. I was falling asleep.

RR: That is such a funny picture!! She is going to hate you when she's older for that one!! Especially when she finds out you posted it on the web!! Alex got his first hockey stick and NJ Devil onsie yesterday. Guess we'll have to take him to a game!!

Lauren: Hope your day is as good as it can be. Spending the day at a memorial service can be very draining. Hope Petey is good for you.

Last edited by KarenK; 04-05-2003 at 10:26 AM.
Closed Thread