Old 12-23-2010, 12:44 PM   #1  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Who else has wii fit and how accurate do you think it is

I just got the wii fit last night and I got on it today did 30 min work out it said I burned 190 calories which is neat but the scale on wii fit said I weigh 237 and my scale said 242 this morning thats a 5 pound differnece I wonder what scale is wrong my oldest also go on the scale at home and it said he weighed 108 and the wii fit said 106 thats only a 2 pound difference now Im confused as to how much I actually weigh and what scale is more accurate. Anyone else know how accurate the wii fit scale is and anyone else have this problem?
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Is the Wii on carpet or floor?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #3  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

My WiiFit is lighter because it's on carpet. It makes it unbalance just a little and so the reading isn't as accurate as a home scale on a hard surface.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #4  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

The Wii on a hard surface is pretty accurate. It tries to estimate for the clothes you are wearing so if you guess wrong for that it might account for some of your differences.

Pretty much I use my home scale as my "official" weight and all others are just "interesting information". If they weigh a bit more I shrug and like my home scale better and if they weigh a bit less I take it as some good news and smile. But the only one that really counts is the one at home.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #5  
I CAN DO IT

Yes the scale was on the carpet so Im going with my home scale all the time. Do you guys like the wii fit? Im loving it I like how it tells you how many calories you burn and how long you excerised Im so glad I bought it.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I love mine, and i have it on a hard surface for weighing, it's usually bang on! The Yoga is a bit hard for me yet, but i'm giving it a go!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:05 AM   #7  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

It's interesting that it weighed you LESS in the evening.

Mine is accurate exactly within two pounds. It weighs me two pounds heavier than my actual scale and it's extremely consistent. I figure I could go with either the Wii fit weight or my scale's weight. As long as they are both consistent, it doesn't really matter.

What I would do is get a weight from a calibrated scale, such as the doctor's. School nurses have great scales too if your local school nurse wouldn't mind weighing you. Then compare that number to your scale and the Wii. That will determine what is accurate. Five pounds would bother me too. Two pounds does not.

Last edited by Eliana; 12-24-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #8  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

My Wii Fit weighs me (on carpet) exactly the same as the scale at my sleep doctor's office (I weighed on Wii right before I went so I could see). But my primary care doctor's scale actually weighs me 6 lbs less. I know this because the 2 docs are across the street from each other and once I drove across the street and weighed on the sleep doc's scale after my PCP appt. I just pick the same one to go by in my tracking, and when I see my PCP, I remember that her scale weighs me lighter, so don't get TOO excited! hahah
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:52 AM   #9  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky30 View Post
Do you guys like the wii fit? Im loving it I like how it tells you how many calories you burn and how long you excerised Im so glad I bought it.
I love my Wii Fit Plus!!! (I loved the Fit but I love the Plus even more because of some of the new games plus being able to create a work-out routine). I do not kid myself that I am getting the same sort of work out I'd get if I put in a serious 45 minutes at a real gym but I am getting exercise I wouldn't be getting otherwise. Since I started the Wii a year ago my balance and my flexibility have really improved. I've also been motivated by my Mii puffing up less and less every weigh in. And my piggy bank changing colors as I rack up the minutes.

Last winter there were Wii groups every month encouraging the members to meet their Wii goals. Maybe we should start that up again in January...
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #10  
I CAN DO IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladadog View Post
I love my Wii Fit Plus!!! (I loved the Fit but I love the Plus even more because of some of the new games plus being able to create a work-out routine). I do not kid myself that I am getting the same sort of work out I'd get if I put in a serious 45 minutes at a real gym but I am getting exercise I wouldn't be getting otherwise. Since I started the Wii a year ago my balance and my flexibility have really improved. I've also been motivated by my Mii puffing up less and less every weigh in. And my piggy bank changing colors as I rack up the minutes.

Last winter there were Wii groups every month encouraging the members to meet their Wii goals. Maybe we should start that up again in January...
I have the wii fit plus also the games are so fun and its not like you are really working out there is no way I would stick to going to the gym and working out on machines every day it would bore me to know end. My oldest is loving it too and now we have been challanging each other trying to beat each others top scores. That would be fun to start up a wii group I would join for sure.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:43 AM   #11  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I love my wii fit! I love the free step (got the extra step accessory) and the free run but also the balance games. I find the scale pretty accurate actually. It weighs the same between 0.5 lbs as my regular scale and usually the exact same as my mom's medical-grade scale. I use it on a rug though (but a thin, area rug, not a thick fluffy one, so its pretty stable).
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:23 AM   #12  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I like mine.

I don't think the scale thing much matters. Just pick one (bathroom scale) or the other (wii fit scale) to go by and stick to the same one. The point is to see how YOU change on the same scale, not how the two scales relate to each other.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:11 AM   #13  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

Mine is on carpet and always spot on from my home scale.
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote