Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 06:33 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Wed. 22 Dec. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 12-22-2010, 06:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Good morning friends,
I have been gone for some time now. As some of you know, we lost my dad on November 7th and it has been difficult. My family has pulled together and we are supporting each other. However, I have not done well with my eating habits. I am not using this as an excuse, but it has been very hard. I know that I turn to food for comfort. I plan on getting back in the right frame of mind over the next few days and back on plan. I felt so much better when I followed the protocol. Anyway, I wanted to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and let you know how proud I am of each of you and how privileged I feel to have the opportunity to share with you.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Tina Lou
Old 12-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #3  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Good morning friends,
I have been gone for some time now. As some of you know, we lost my dad on November 7th and it has been difficult. My family has pulled together and we are supporting each other. However, I have not done well with my eating habits. I am not using this as an excuse, but it has been very hard. I know that I turn to food for comfort. I plan on getting back in the right frame of mind over the next few days and back on plan. I felt so much better when I followed the protocol. Anyway, I wanted to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and let you know how proud I am of each of you and how privileged I feel to have the opportunity to share with you.
Tina Lou
Welcome back! We have missed you! We all handle grief and stress in different ways. I am sure you will be able to get right back on program soon and wish you the best of luck. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too! We are here to support you! Take care.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #4  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Default Yay!

Had WI # 4 last night!

Down another 2 pounds!!!
That makes 16 total

SO pumped and very motivated to keep on truckin along towards my goal!

I hope everyone has yet another IP friendly day!!!!

WOOT WOOT!
Old 12-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Good morning friends,
Tina Lou
Hi Tina,
I know how difficult it is to go on with your life and get through the holidays after loosing a loved one. All I can tell you is that feeling sad is normal and part of the healing process. The stress and sadness don't help and actually makes things harder and unfortunately some of us reach out to food for comfort. I lost my dad 12 years ago and my 6 year old son 6 years ago, both to cancer. I still have a hard time around the holidays but things had gotten a lot better. I am thankful to God for the blessings of having both of them in my life, and the knowing that they are in better place gives me comfort. I hope that you can find comfort as well. When you are ready to restart IP, go for it! May God bless you and give you the peace and comfort you need!
Ana

Last edited by Coqui; 12-22-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
Had WI # 4 last night!

Down another 2 pounds!!!
That makes 16 total

SO pumped and very motivated to keep on truckin along towards my goal!

I hope everyone has yet another IP friendly day!!!!

WOOT WOOT!
Congrats!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #7  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all,
One year ago today I quit smoking. Although there has been some moments in the last year I have really really wanted one, and the "easiest" way to lose weight is to start again, I did not and have chosen IP instead. I have nearly lost the weight I gained from that experience and then to the rest. Yay!! Have a good day to you all.
Kimi
Old 12-22-2010, 09:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

....WOW, Wednesday allready !!!

Congrads to all that have met their goals so far this week !!

...Have a SUPER 100% IP day !!! .......
Old 12-22-2010, 10:07 AM   #9  
IP started Nov 2010

S/C/G: 219/171/140 IP 186 started

Height: 5' 2"

To everyone who can stay on plan I bow to you. Christmas is my toughest part of the year to stay on plan. Instead of counting down to Christmas I'm counting down to Boxing Day to get back on plan without all the gatherings. I'm holding my weight and for now I'm happy with that. Keep up the good work and everyone have a Merry Christmas.
Paula
Old 12-22-2010, 10:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/223/145

Height: 5'6

Had a wonderful feeling last night! NSV !!! I put on a pair of size 14 jeans that I did not wear this last summer because they were uncomfortably tight in my stomach, put them on and wore them last night comfortably!
Old 12-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Early weigh-in this week, Wednesday instead of Friday. Down 1 pound! Next weigh in won't be for sixteen days. Wish me luck!
Old 12-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Good morning all,
One year ago today I quit smoking. Although there has been some moments in the last year I have really really wanted one, and the "easiest" way to lose weight is to start again, I did not and have chosen IP instead. I have nearly lost the weight I gained from that experience and then to the rest. Yay!! Have a good day to you all.
Kimi
Congrats on your one year! It is truly a huge accomplishment. I am almost 10 months now, and also gained some terrible non smoking weight.
Remember, smoking again will not make you lose weight, you will just be a fat smoker! LOL! That is what I always keep in mind.
Thanks for IP, for this is the only thing that worked for me.
Congrats again on your one year anniversary, here's to a much longer lifetime!
Old 12-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #13  

Good morning all. Last night I had another dream that I ate a TON of crap food. GGrRR! Then I wake up and feel good because I know I stuck to plan 100%. Today is the last day for the 15 pounds to Christmas challenge. I tried putting my weight on Journeysends sheet and it kept trying to go in the person below me. I was nervous to sign up for the challenge because I didn't want to fail, but I've lost 24 pounds on my first challenge!!

Sorry for both your dads' losses and Coqui, I couldn't imagine loosing a child, my heart goes out to you. Try to stay strong during these hard times.

Have a good day all!
Old 12-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #14  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys, just checking in. I've been keeping up to date through my phone. I wanted to say good job everyone on staying on protocol and continuing to lose.

I believe I am over my sad/depressed/irritated stage, or at least I'm trying to be. Tomorrow is WI. My mom, DH & I are anxiously waiting to see what I lose since last week was not stellar. We are starting to think maybe these herbs the naturopathic doctor has me on (in addition to the IP supplements) may be the problem. Tomorrows weigh in will determine my course of action. I also cut down on pickles too and have been drinking 3.5 L (vs 3L) of water a day.
I'm excited though because I have switched to the Dr Bernstein RTD shakes and I'm saving lots of $. It definitely helps. Oh and Chai Tea + Vanilla RTD + cinnamon stick = AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!

Well happy holidays everyone. Take care
Old 12-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 254/246/180

Height: 5'8

Hey guys,

Hope ya'll don't mind if I join in. Some of you may remember that I was about two weeks into the diet (11 lbs down) in November when I found out I was pregnant. I, of course, immediately stopped the diet.

I'm sad to say that I had an early loss in mid-November and it just really threw me. I have been in a real funk/depression for the last six weeks or so.

We are going to start trying to conceive again in February, but until then I am trying to get myself back on track. I'm planning on restarting IP after we get back home from traveling for the Christmas holiday. I have enough packets to go for a couple of weeks before I go back to see my coach.

I've only regained 4 of the 11 lbs I lost, so I'm considering that a victory.

Last edited by TennesseeLeigh; 12-22-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Closed Thread