Old 12-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/234.4/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Stomach issues...probably TMI

On four occasions over the last two weeks, I've had stomach issues that have kept me up at night. The first time it happened, I thought it was heartburn...but lower. The pain was excruciating. It was below my chest, but above my stomach (if that makes sense) and radiated into my back. I feel extremely bloated. So, I took an acid reliever - within 30 minutes, I threw up.

I figured I had a stomach bug that was going around. However, it's happened 3 more times. I thought perhaps it was gas. So, I got a gas reliever...I threw it up. So, I tried pepto with the same results. Usually, I feel better the next day. It seems to happen mostly at night. Yesterday, I ate dinner around 4:00 p.m. I didn't get sick until around 11:00.

I can't find a common denominator. I've eaten different things each time. I thought maybe I was overeating, but I don't think that's it. I've been eating soup because it doesn't bother me....I'm getting tired of soup. Anyone have this type of issue?
SunshineTater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:27 PM   #2  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Sounds like when my gallbladder went.

Get it checked out. I was pregnant at the time, and the doctors kept saying it was heartburn due to pregnancy. It seriously felt like a knife or sword was going through my back and out my front!

It would come, and be beyond painful for a bit and then just disappear. Finally after about 6 months of this, it came and did not go away (after my son was born)

I went into the ER and after some testing found out that my liver was shutting down and a gall stone had gotten stuck.

This may or may not be your issue, but it sounds like when mine first started.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I was thinking the same thing. That's what it felt like when I had gallbladder attacks too.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

hope you figure it out and feel better soon.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Gallbladder. Yep. Pain just below breastbone in front, radiating into the back between shoulder blades. Happens at night. Vomiting. If it gets really bad, get to an ER. No need to wait! These days most gallbladder removals are a simple matter, as long as no complications.

Good luck!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #6  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Sunshine- I had the same thing happen when I had to get my gallbladder out. You need to see your doctor about this, even if you start to feel better. I have found it is better to go before something turns into an emergency.
They can do a simple sonogram type test and view the gallbladder. What happens is after you eat your meal the gallbladder releases a small amount of bile to help with the digestion process. If there is a stone in your gallbladder the bile can lift it up and it kind of gets lodged in the duct that is what causes the pain.
"If" this is what is going on with you- and they would have to remove it- they can do it with a few very small incisions. I was home the same night. It is was an outpatient surgery.
Feel better darlin- try not to worry...but for your peace of mind see your doc
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:42 AM   #7  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Another vote for gallbladder here too. Mine was 15 years ago and did not seem to relate to any particular food. It is the absolute worst pain I've ever felt, so you have my sympathy.

Even 15 years ago and all that fat ago, they were able to remove mine by keyhole surgery, and I've never had a problem since. Complete freedom to eat whatever. I could sometimes wish it had left me with a need to avoid fat but alas not! Means I'm never caught out by unexpected food though.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #8  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

Sounds like what I had. I had my GallBladder removed Nov, 09 for similar problems. I did not have stones, but my gallbladder was not functioning properly.
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #9  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like you have gall stones. When I had my gall bladder attacks it was always at night and the pain was where you said and it went into my back it was SO painful and I was bloated and would burp and it smelled like rotten eggs (TMI) I use to have to make myself throw up to feel better and when I did my food would not be digested. Just be careful if it is watch what u eat cuz certian things will bring on an attack like for me it was cabbage, corn, lettuce and I still cant eat corn to this day it makes me sick even thou I dont have my gall bladder anymore just be careful if you get it removed be prepared to deal with bad stomach cramps and bouts of diaherra I have IBS now due to not having a gall bladder and I have gerd from not having one also which can sometimes feel like a gall bladder attack.

Last edited by Ky30; 12-23-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/234.4/150

Thanks for all the gallbladder votes That has been suggested to me by everyone I know! I ate really bland last night...chicken and brown rice. I actually slept, until my husband came home and I moved....then the pain started again. I'm hoping to put it off until after Christmas and then I'll get it checked. I just don't function well on 2 or 3 hours of sleep at night.
SunshineTater is offline   Reply With Quote