Old 12-19-2010, 03:04 AM   #1  
banned

Talking Just bought P90x and Turbo Jam ... kinda nervous

Well, I just bought Turbo Jam 5 rockin' workouts, Biggest loser yoga, and P90x on ebay (great deal! About $50 for all), but I'm feeling a bit nervous about p90x. I'm a very sedentary person (and I'm lazy). I hope this is something I can do, because I really only sprung for it because of the price. I have a pair of 10 lb hand weights, and resistance bands, but no pull-up bar. Also, I'm very short and very round. lol. We'll see how it goes. I know I won't be able to keep up, but I will try.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:51 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 213/198/130

Height: 5'5

If you're not used to working out, I'd start out easy and definitely not with P90X. The last thing you want is to get burned out right away and not want to do it again.

I'm not a workout person either, and I'm starting with just walking. I think if you do that, walk for a few miles a day and do yoga, and start to kind of get in shape and used to exercise, I'd tackle that P90X head-on! I've had friends do it who are into working out and they said it kicked their butts.
HartLover23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:34 AM   #3  
banned

Thanks for the advice! I am pretty sedentary, but will exercise once in a while. When I do exercise, I've been playing wii games such as Just Dance 2 (so fun), and using a stationary bike, but nothing too intense.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #4  

Like Hartlover suggested, I too strongly recommend you dont start off with P90x.

I have Turbo Jam that I will use after I complete Chalean Extreme (I have 2 weeks left) - but I've done a couple of workouts, and they are DEFINITELY doable.

Some days will be harder than others, but just keep going. Don't think of it is as too hard; if you think of it that way, it will be. Be positive, tell yourself that you HAVE to do it, and I'm sure you will see great results. If you need to pause the videos because you're out of breath the first few times, fine. Just keep doing them! You will be amazed at your stamina after a while

Good luck!
Jittery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 145/121/120

Turbo Jam was the program I started out with and then went to other programs from there. It's a great place to start. But I will say that after the fun of her workouts, it's hard for me to do the P90X But P90X is still awesome and a great workout! My husband just finished it and got awesome results.
Jennbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #6  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

If you look in the P90x book it explains a 'fit test', which will give you an idea of where you stand fitness wise. The idea is if you can't pass the test you shouldn't try the workouts. However, most of the strength workouts can be cut in half. You can do the first set of each exercise {listed in the 'weight sheets' in the back of the book, and then skip to the next exercise. I suggest you make copies of the sheets, but definatly take advantage of them.

I did 'the X' a few years ago, using the weight workouts but subbing other workouts for the cardio. I didn't like the cardio workouts, and was getting a little sick of Tony. I didn't have a pull-up bar then but Tony shows a modification with the tubing/bands.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #7  
banned

Thanks! I just tried out the 20 minute Turbo Jam workout, and it was okay. I tried my best, but didn't sweat too much, but it was just a "try it out" this time.

I was thinking of just seeing how far I could go with the P90x, maybe split the daily workout into two segments. Surely, I would at least see something. I do not own a pull-up bar, but I do have 10 lb hand weights, and several resistance bands.

But if that proves too hard, I have another idea: I was going to try to do 30 day shred again (I went a week with it a while back, but slacked off, because I got bored). I'm thinking of doing the shred in the morning (or alternate between that and turbo jam), and then doing my biggest loser yoga at night.

Last edited by 3FCer344892; 12-23-2010 at 09:50 AM.