Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: TUES. Dec. 21- SUN. Dec. 26

We forgot that it's a new week!!!

Here's our new pages.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

We were all asleep at the wheel, or otherwise busy or dealing with life.

Did anyone watch the eclipse? I saw it at 1:30 and 3:30AM. Spectacular.

We're off to see the GKs.

BBL
Old 12-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Good Tuesday morning to all!!

Well, they updated our browser at work and I can get here now, at least until something else goes south. Pages load, I can stay logged in, life is good. I'm not sure how the home computer will be yet since I didn't get a chance to get here last night. It was having issues too, but I think it was my computer. I got a new one recently so here's hoping that it'll be okay.

HOW IS EVERYBODY??? I have really missed being here.

Let's see: I have a grandbaby. His name is Aiden and he is AWESOME! He's 5 months old. Kate and her husband live in Grapevine, which isn't too terribly far from us. We get to keep him from time to time so that's always fun.

Rhonda, I didn't know you were back! Are you in Denton? I'm sure you're happy about getting to see Sandra and Curtis more often! It would be fun to get together some day.

Vickie, I love Etsy! I've been sewing up a storm, mostly aprons and quilts. We're off work from this Thursday the 23rd thru Jan. 4th so I hope to get a lot more done then. I hope to get at least 50-60 aprons made by the beginning of summer and if I do, I'll get a booth at the little Farmer's Market here in town. I made Aiden a quilt for Christmas, and have lots of fabric left, so I'll also make one for his mom and dad and probably save it for next Christmas.

Sandra, we spent a lot of time in Cleburne last year at Plaza Theater since my brother acts and directs there. He's opening a new play Dec. 31, The Man with the Pointed Toes. It'll run thru the end of January and sounds pretty good. I've been keeping up with your tournaments thru FB. Sounds like you've had a good year!

Hugs all around, dear friends. I hope you'll let me come back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dec1210_2.jpg (16.3 KB, 6 views)
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #4  

I forgot to say that the avatar is Christmas cookies and no, I didn't make them but would like to. They look easy enough but everybody hates red icing ... or to be more exact, red teeth.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #5  

Here's a picture of Kate, me, my mom and the baby. I guess you can figure who's who.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg four gen.jpg (25.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Everyone looks gorgeous, Kathy. And congratulations Grandma!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #7  

Great picture, Kathy. Glad you can be back here.

Yes, I'm in Denton. We don't see Sandra and Curtis nearly enough, but it's nice to be closer. I lived in Cleburne too...from 1950 to 1963 and my parents were there until they died. I graduated from high school there and still have many friends in the town.

We had a tiring day with the GKs. We went to Northpark mall in Dallas and looked at the train display. TOO MANY PEOPLE AND CARS! I'm glad we did it, but it wasn't such a simple thing to do really.

I'm going to do nothing tonight, absolutely nothing.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:20 PM   #8  

Hey guys

Robin and I got terrible news Monday at his Dr appt that he has
Acute Leukemia. He was admitted immediately in the hospital and the past 2 days have been full of a zillion tests and procedures to ready him for the treatment phase which will begin tomorrow. He will have to be in the hospital for a month and hopefully have remission at that point and then more treatment after that to stay in remission.

We find out if it is ALL or AML tomorrow when the biopsy report returns.

We are scared but focused on a positive outcome .
Man how life can turn upside down in just a few days.

Prayers appreciated !!

Last edited by nancy237; 12-21-2010 at 10:49 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:30 AM   #9  

I don't know you, but I am very sorry to hear that! I was reading on last week's thread where you mentioned the weakness, etc. and that leukemia needed to be ruled out. I'll be praying for you all.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Nancy, this is just awful news for Robin. I'm SO very thankful that you sought medical treatment quickly and that action will be taken to help him right away. I will absolutely continue to pray for you both for as long as it takes. I hope he starts to feel better soon. Take care of yourself so that you have the strength to help him.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #11  

Dear Nancy:

You and Robin were very smart to get medical treatment when he felt weak. It is easy for people to dismiss those symptoms as fatigue and to resist going to get an assessment.

I shall pray for you and your family intently. I hope that you can keep us informed, and I second Vickie's advice. Stay as strong as you can.

You are so right: life can change in an eye blink.

Rhonda
Old 12-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Nancy, my heart goes out to you and Robin. I will continue to pray for you both. What a blessing he went to the doctor! I agree with everyone else--please take care of yourself so you can help Robin.

Kathy, congratulations, Grandmother. Aiden is adorable. It is so good to see you back here. It's been too long, friend.

Rhonda, North Park is always beautiful this time of year. I'm glad ya'll got to go. Now get some rest.

Vickie, I like your tracker.

My gf and I took a girls' afternoon out today. Now I'm resting, too.

Night night, Chickies.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #13  

What a tiring day! I'll be glad when things get back to normal and I can get back on my regular work, eating and sleeping schedule. I can sure tell when I go too far off-plan.

Night all.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:35 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Ditto! We just had wine coolers.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:24 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Nancy, I am so very sorry to hear about Robin's diagnosis! What a blessing that you took his weakness seriously. About two years ago, one of my church friends went through the same thing. She has been in remission since her first hospitalization. I am sending you a pm 'cause I want to share some things with you. Please know that we are praying for you and Robin. Lots and lots of prayers!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote