Old 12-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Thumbs down Having a hard time with the holiday treats this morning.

I work in an office where there are a lot of generous people. Today when I got here, there is still left over walnuts and dried fruit (which are in my repertoire, but I still need to say 'no') laid out on the community table.

First thing, one of those who bakes came in with a plate full of blondies piled HIGH with chocolate icing, all home made. Next, someone set out peanut butter cookies with Reses' "bells" on the top. Finally, someone just received her 3rd box of chocolate and offered me some. Thus far, I have said no to all of it. But - oh my word - I can SMELL each of these savory treats wafting from more than 10 feet away.

I have been drinking cups of tea non-stop since the triumvirate of evil descended on the table, but this is HARD. I just had my first mini-breakdown over food (yes, I teared up and feel like a complete jackass for doing so) out of frustration, but I have still managed to say no.

This sucks.

I'm going for a walk.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Hugs for you going through the temptation but for resisting and double for going for a walk!!

Well done!
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #3  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

Wow we must work in the same office..lol! Friday was horrible, our dept was sent a giant chocolate bar and this lady made homemade toffees dipped in chocolate and then rolled around in nuts, not to mention the homemade fudge and cookies! This lady had gotten up early and made everyone 15 brownies...they were still warm! I accepted them and when she left the pffice gave them to another co-worker. I would have eaten every single one of them. I know how you feel! COMPLETELY! All these snacks in here are driving me crazy!

I started taking pictures with my phoneof each snack, candy, cake, treat, whatever it is that is being offered to me and posting it on my facebook that I resisted eating it. It helps. I also think about how many calories are probably in it and how many miles I would have to run to just get rid of it. Somehow it has helped me...STAY STRONG!! you can do it! Yes it's hard..but do-able! You should be proud of yourself so far for not giving in!
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

amazing! you said NO, went for a WALK, and posted HERE!! that's a big win in my books, tears or not!!!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:14 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone for the encouragement which is what I really need this morning.

The walk helped to clear my head a bit. I also stopped in at the grocery store 2 blocks down and got myself 2 super-yummy boxes of tea (Cinnamon Apple Spice, and Indian Spice) to drown in to help me get through the rest of the day.

I carried back a grocery bag that must have weighed 10 pounds and thought "How nice this is to be carrying in my arms instead of on my waist" and that thought (and the ache left over in my arms from dragging it back uphill to my office) will help, I hope...
Old 12-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #6  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

we totally work in the same office.

I caved. two Chocolate Chip and one sugar cookie. UGH
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:09 PM   #7  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

You have to feel incredibly proud of yourself for saying NO! WHOOHOOO

Those things are trigger foods for me. I could spiral out of control and that is the last thing I need.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #8  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

You should be so proud of yourself! You said no. That is wonderful! I looked at your profile pics you look amazing! You have lost so much weight. I understand the tears. Last Thanksgiving I had a very unexpected meltdown. My DH really didn't understand what I was crying about. I just felt like I had worked way too hard way too long to ruin all the hard work. This is a very emotional thing for us.
Maybe you could find your favorite scented lotion and put a small dab of it under your nose from time to time at work- so those deserty smells will stop calling to you.
Congratulations darlin you are awesome!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Ugh. Count me in. I walked in and there were not one but TWO Harry and David's gift box displays-- chocolate turtles, all kinds of high end chocolates and sweet snacks.... and wouldn't you know it was a day when I brought plain yogurt and fiber one for lunch-- not exactly an exciting lunch.

I also managed not to touch any of it.

YAY US!!!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:07 AM   #10  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Good job resisting it! Keep going strong!

A lady at my work yesterday morning told me that there'd be treats at break time. I said, wow, Joyce's cookies, I'm trying to quit! I'm a nurse, so thankfully I don't have to be around it all day because we can only have food in the break room. But when I walked in there to get my coffee, there were 2 HUGE platters (I'm talking like 2 feet high!) of about 12 different kinds of cookies. When I walked in the room, I was astounded and actually said, "Oh my Lord in Heaven above, you have fricking got to be KIDDING me!" Everyone laughed because they know I've been working on losing weight. One of the girls said, "Shannon, I saved you a spot to sit down here at the other end of the table!" That worked. Then at lunch time, the tower was down to about a foot high, and I did have to sit close to it. I was looking at it all, and really, some of them looked amazing. Oatmeal scotchies, snickerdoodles, and this one peanut butter and jelly bar, the likes of which I have never seen, and hope never to again!

As I was eating my lunch and looking at those cookies, I was thinking/realizing that if I were to eat just one small one, it really wouldn't be THAT many calories. But if I eat the one, am I going to be satisfied with it? Feel like, Oh that really hit the spot, glad I had a little bite of a sweet treat? No, I knew I'd want the 2nd one as much if not MORE than the first. And the third, and the fourth, etc, etc. As Robin says, I have been realizing more and more that saying no to the first bite is actually easier than saying no to the second.

So YAY us for staying strong and not getting on that slippery slope!!!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:38 AM   #11  

Thanks all for the support! I managed to get through yesterday with nary a cheat, and even managed to come out on the low end of my daily calorie range. Thankfully there are hardly any left-overs here today and nobody has yet replenished the stacks.

And good on all of you who joined me in just saying NO!