Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #31  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane49 View Post
..Hello Monday !! It has been a rough few days, surgery went well Wed...came home Thursday eve....MD removed some bad cervical discs and put a plate and 4 screws on the new 'donor' discs ....my back/neck/arm pain is GONE allready... However, this surgery is done by entering through the front of the throat....SO...I am still unable to eat solids...
Diane, I'm so glad surgery went well! I wish I had known you were having this done because I work in surgery and neurosurgery is actually what I specialize in. I do cervical fusions all the time! You know, I never thought about how eating would be after having this procedure done. It may feel like they went through your throat, but they actually go around your throat and thyroid. :-) Rest up and wear your brace if they gave you one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Hi all. I got back from my WI this morning and I'm down another 3 pounds. Total lost is 39.2 in 10 weeks! My inches lost I don't keep very good track of that, but I'm very happy with that as well. It went down last week in waist and hips, but not arms and legs. This week it was opposite. So next week maybe it will take it off my rear end?? lol My size 12 jeans were getting baggy and my neighbor gave me a size 10 and they fit great! I love feeling this good and I love catching a glimpse in the mirror at the store and liking what I see instead of before, wondering, "Whoa, is that a trick mirror?"
Way to go Amy! How encouraging - what a way to head into Christmas too. It makes it a lot easier to say no when you have all that success behind you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
ok, JUST rx'd my walden farms order... i was so excited! the first thing i did was rip open the peanut butter of course LOL.... all I can say is its NASTY nasty nasty hhahhaha oh boy. Then tried the choc syrup.... not sure.... does not really resemble choc to moi..... tried taking an itty bitty amt of my choc IP pudding on a plate and mixing just a bit of the peanut butter... that was a resounding FAIL....same for the syrup...maybe the choc syrup will be better on the IP vanilla pudding? will try another time. Still have a bottle of WF mayo.... oh god. will try it with a can of tuna... AFTER the holidays maybe.....hahhha
I used the peanut butter to make a thai peanut sauce for my chicken and cauliflower one night... What I've heard is that most of the WF stuff is not the greatest on its own, but better when mixed with something, doctored up, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Well I wasn't really excited to go to WI tonight. I knew it was measurement day and with TOM I didn't really think I lost anything substantial. But here it is.
Down 3lbs
Arms 3/4"
Bust 2 3/4"
Waist 3 3/4"
Hips 2 1/4"
Leg 1"
All in all 10 1/2" total loss. Not too bad. I am pretty happy right now. Have a good evening everyone. Cya tomorrow!
Way to go Kimi! Almost 4" off your waist? That's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Good evening everyone! I have a question for you IP experts out there and for anyone who can identify with the situation. I really need your help. My sister and my brother in law are amazed with the results I've gotten with IP so they want to follow it. My sister has no health issues, but her husband is diabetic. He takes insuline daily. He is very positive about attempting the program but it's worried his doctor won't allow him to do it. He will have to go to the Chiropractic Clinic I go and they do a physical exam there but I'm not sure my coach would be able to help him much because she is new and doesn't ever have any good answers for me. She is a nice person but not very IP knowledgeable. This forum has been great for me, so I hope I can get some comments about how safe IP is for a diabetic 49 year old male who needs to loose about 50 pounds. Thanks!
My coworker who introduced me to IP is an insulin-pump wearing type II diabetic - she has done fabulously on the program, reducing her insulin usage by 80% in the first two weeks! She took the month of December off and is definitely seeing it in her sugars as a result. I can't imagine why the doctor would be opposed to it. This way of eating is exactly what type II diabetics should be doing (according to my diabetic husband's food handbook).
Old 12-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #32  

Struggling today with the weather and food. It's so cold up here that all I want is a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup! :-) But instead I had my taco salad with leftover chicken from last night's crockpot chicken.

Starting to feel a little nervous about seeing my family on Thursday - none of them even know I'm on the program (except for my MIL) and I'm nervous about what they'll say (or won't say).

Crossing my fingers for at least 2.6 lbs on Wednesday - I'd LOVE to be able to say that I've lost 30 pounds!
Old 12-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post

I used the peanut butter to make a thai peanut sauce for my chicken and cauliflower one night... What I've heard is that most of the WF stuff is not the greatest on its own, but better when mixed with something, doctored up, etc.

).

mmmm that actually sounds really good.WAS it good? if so can you share the recipe? thanks so much
Old 12-20-2010, 10:24 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 223/223/145

Height: 5'6

Hello Everyone,
I just registered with 3FC this last week, I have been on IP for 4 weeks today (at WI today was 17 lb down! Woo hoo!) . I had read through alot of the forums since starting IP for ideas and motivation, you all are great and doing so well! So since the holidays were are here and tempting lol i thought it was time for me to join in! Haha. You all are super helpful and I can't wait til we all meet our goals!

Last edited by KellBell135; 12-20-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #35  

Quote:
mmmm that actually sounds really good.WAS it good? if so can you share the recipe? thanks so much
It was pretty good - not much of a recipe though. I just used a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter, a cpl tsps of soy sauce, some crushed garlic, a spoonful of red chili sauce, some grated ginger and that's about it. Just whatever sounds/tastes good.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Thank you all of you who have responded to my question about my brother in law's diabetic condition. I will ask him what type he is. I'm now assuming that there is special IP program for diabetics. Is it the alternate?
Old 12-20-2010, 10:28 PM   #37  

Quote:
Quote:
It was pretty good - not much of a recipe though. I just used a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter, a cpl tsps of soy sauce, some crushed garlic, a spoonful of red chili sauce, some grated ginger and that's about it. Just whatever sounds/tastes good.
I can't take credit for this recipe/idea though - someone else mentioned doing something similar to this on the Walden Farms thread with their shirataki noodles and I riffed off of that.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:46 PM   #38  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Struggling today with the weather and food. It's so cold up here that all I want is a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup! :-) But instead I had my taco salad with leftover chicken from last night's crockpot chicken.

Starting to feel a little nervous about seeing my family on Thursday - none of them even know I'm on the program (except for my MIL) and I'm nervous about what they'll say (or won't say).

Crossing my fingers for at least 2.6 lbs on Wednesday - I'd LOVE to be able to say that I've lost 30 pounds!

You should be so proud of yourself and 30lbs give or take is absolutly fantastic your family will be proud as well.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:57 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
You should be so proud of yourself and 30lbs give or take is absolutly fantastic your family will be proud as well.
Oh I am - still nervous though! What can I say - I'm a nerd.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:37 AM   #40  

Quick question - does anyone else seem to have issues with the chocolate RTD? Whenever I have it, it makes me sick to my stomach in ways that no other packets do... It's keeping me up right now in fact! :P
Old 12-21-2010, 12:38 AM   #41  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Linden, I assumed you meant the 17th. of Jan. Do you mean the 27th. of Dec.? Congratulations on coming off of one of your medications. What are your plans for Germany?
Old 12-21-2010, 01:38 AM   #42  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Good evening everyone! I have a question for you IP experts out there and for anyone who can identify with the situation. I really need your help. My sister and my brother in law are amazed with the results I've gotten with IP so they want to follow it. My sister has no health issues, but her husband is diabetic. He takes insuline daily. He is very positive about attempting the program but it's worried his doctor won't allow him to do it. He will have to go to the Chiropractic Clinic I go and they do a physical exam there but I'm not sure my coach would be able to help him much because she is new and doesn't ever have any good answers for me. She is a nice person but not very IP knowledgeable. This forum has been great for me, so I hope I can get some comments about how safe IP is for a diabetic 49 year old male who needs to loose about 50 pounds. Thanks!
Get the information about IP for diabetics from your coach. Most doctor's who review the program with their diabetic patients are comfortable with the plan. I don't suspect he will have any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post

Thank you again for your wisdom and for the hug. I feel better already. Of course it is all true. No matter what, I am sticking with the program. The inches are wonderfull too.

Do have a fantastic time with your family and enjoy every moment of making more memories together. Merry Christmas Carla and safe travels. ~ Pat
AWW! Thanks! I am also very glad you are more at ease. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas holiday.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:41 AM   #43  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Getting a jump on tomorrow's conversation thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3615126
Old 12-21-2010, 03:18 AM   #44  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteandcute View Post
Linden, I assumed you meant the 17th. of Jan. Do you mean the 27th. of Dec.? Congratulations on coming off of one of your medications. What are your plans for Germany?
Sorry. For some reason ?? I answered this in the weekend chat. Here it is again:

If all goes well and the creek don't rise, and Newark and the Berlin airports are open, we (the puppy, the 18-year old cat and I) are on our way on the 11th of January.

I've been in limbo the past few weeks, phasing off as my coach thought best. In retrospect, and not having left on time, I think it was a mistake and have decided to go back to Phase 1 and stay there until I reach goal, regardless of the 3-day flight (s) and other impediments. I picked the 27th because that's the beginning of the new challenge. Fortunately I've held my own, gaining a pound then losing it. So I'll be right back where I was when I started Phase 2. Cheers.
Closed Thread