Old 12-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Can't eat with adrenaline revved up

Some of you may know from other posts I have out there that my life is crap right now. And I mean RIGHT NOW.

My adrenaline is currently really high...to where you shake. And every time I try to eat it seems that's the time my adrenaline response kicks in. Fight or flight? I have no idea. But apparently in my desire to flee my body doesn't think it need food.

I can not eat.

I have gagged on anything substantial today.

But cake? No problem!! That I can eat. That I crave.

I need to eat. I am trying to break this plateau by eating! And it is working!! But it won't work if I can't get good quality food into me.

This sucks!

...deep breath.

Please don't yell at me about the cake. Please don't yell at me at all.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #2  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

I know you have your world falling down around you. This may not be normal, but can you drink your nutrition, until your body calms down a bit?
I think in this case, a fruit smoothie, or a vegetable juice may help get you some nutrients, so that you can stay on plan. I know they are higher in calories, but some of those things from jamba juice, or such may help.
I hope your world turns right side up soon. We are pulling for you.
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #3  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Are you able to focus in the kitchen?

Chop up vegetables. Make yourself a really big pot of a nurturing, vegetable-filled soup.

Something someone would lovingly make another person who was ill or under a lot of stress or had endured a bereavement.

You need something that feels like care-taking or a treat. I think that's partly why you're going for the cake.

I wish this were real life. We could all bring casseroles to your house. (Healthy ones, of course.)

Last edited by saef; 12-20-2010 at 04:38 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #4  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Eliana- I did read some of your other post. I'm so sorry
Vdander and saef both had very good ideas. I was thinking you may need to talk with your doctor. You may (temporally) need a nerve pill right now. I take a mild one and am able to function very well all day on it. Because you mentioned the shakes and given what is going on right now- your nerves are shot darlin.
Please try to take very good care of yourself and don't go without eating. Even if you have to spread peanut butter on toast with a glass of 1% milk.
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #5  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

Eliana - I am at a complete loss for words. Just know that I am thinking of you. I think that you've had really good recommedations for things to eat to get some healthy calories. A big pot of vegetable soup sounds perfect right now, and peanut butter will get you some healthy calories and is wonderful as a comfort food. I love banana, blueberry and almond milk smoothies. Freeze the berries and bananas and it tastes like a milkshake. If you can't stomach the thought of a large meal, it's easy to carry around and sip slowly. Maybe some tomato soup and grilled cheese - not especially healthy, but comforting?

kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:07 PM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I am so fortunate to have this network. Wow.

The soup is a wonderful idea! Why didn't I think of that? I might even have some leftover from when I was sick last week. I don't think it would be bad yet.

Yes, I think my nerves are shot. Not completely...but getting there. I keep telling myself that this too shall pass.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #7  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I missed your other post, I'll hunt it down after this. I am thinking of you and praying for your calm and peace in the midst of whatever storm you're weathering.

Not all circumstances or seasons of our lives are conducive to weight loss. Sometimes it becomes (mentally or emotionally) too much to handle. Sometimes just treading water and maintaining is enough.

Do whatever you can, that is all you can ask of yourself. Cake isn't a moral judgment against you, just like a salad doesn't get you a gold star from the diet police. Just manage what you can, keep your goals in sight, and be gentle with yourself.

Off to go find out what is going on
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #8  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Eliana, I don't have alot of suggestions that are better than previous posters but know that we are here for you. Be gentle with yourself.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote