Old 12-04-2010, 09:47 PM   #31  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Since this is the first Christmas after my Opas (grandpas) passing we have some games planned that we do not normally do. I think they will be a great way to keep our family distracted from the emotions, and me also distracted from the food. We picked games that will incorporate the whole family, including the kids (who may just be too busy with their new toys to care, really).
I'm already seeing food in a different light. It's upsetting to me walking into a store and seeing aisles and stands FULL of chocolate and high sugar items. No wonder we struggle with obesity. Food is pushed on us wherever we go. I just find that aspect disgusting about the holidays. Or walking into a certain huge center, and their "sale" foods are all high sugar items or fatty products. That's my little rant there, lol.....
Sasha, I couldn't agree with you more!! It is obscene to walk into a "grocery" store these days!! In the typical store where I live, they clear a two aisle area and pack it full of candy and junk!! If you wander into the bakery section there is even more junk there!! Happy Holidays Everyone - have a heart attack or get diabetes. Nothing says happy birthday to Jesus like candy and baked goods!! ???? It is crazy making, isn't it? And it isn't just Christmas either, it is each and every holiday has it's own candy dedicated to it. Take the christmas tree wrappers off the reeces peanut butter trees and slap an easter egg or heart wrapper on it!! Marketing. It is so gross. I have been doing IP since end of Sept and I am not tempted at all by all this junk and that has been the best treat for myself and my children too!! (now my rant is over too)
SallyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #32  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingitbaby View Post
I'm trying to get away from the idea of cheating. Cheating = binging for me. It's never just one brownie or cookie, it's a whole box. Or stuffing in as many as I can before anyone notices. When I cheat, it's like I've lost. I give up for the rest of day because I've obviously ruined it and don't even attempt to finish strong or pick myself back up. That usually means lower self-esteem the next day and less motivation cause I already messed myself up yesterday, so instead of starting a new day the right way, I go get a donut, sigh. This is how I feel like I've been dieting my ENTIRE life, but never had success. I don't even know if I've been on a diet for more than 7 days without going off plan.

So now, instead of just letting myself fall off the wagon so easily, my new mantra is "NO MORE WASTED DAYS!!!" I'm actually counting each day and making it mean something.

I'm not letting them slip away any longer! Even if I cheat or mess up, it's still a day that counts! No more sweeping under the rug and wasting another week binging and eating "last-chance" foods before going back on a diet.

I have been wasting days, and months, and years feeling like a failure just because I wasn't truely being accountable to myself. But now, that's changing!
Good for YOU!! NOW is the time to take care of yourself. YOU ARE WORTH IT! You will be so glad that you stuck with it and got healthy. You are the only one who can help yourself. As Nike says: Just DO IT!! Start. Start now. Then, just take it one day at a time. You will get your rewards. DO IT NOW!!
SallyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:24 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

It is hard for me to wrap my brain around the idea the I have lost 29 lbs in seven weeks! And yes I had one cheat meal in those seven weeks. My oldest and first to be married niece's wedding was on 11/6/10. I did not go overboard and got right back in the saddle the very next meal. And I do not regret that cheat one bit. We all had one heck of a party. I wish she could get married again so we could have another party!

From reading the board it sounds like a lot of people are having trouble with the holiday season. But, most of the time there is not one food out there that you will not be able to eat, once you get to phase 4. Not everyday and not always will we or should we eat whatever whenever.

There is a lot of knowledge in the Life After Phase 1 thread that gives me hope that I will be able to maintain once I reach my goal!
cmsgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #34  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Someone at work decided we needed to do Secret Santa for the different departments at my work. So every day someone drops off another goodie. It bugged me in the beginning... but now I just scoop it off and drop it off with another department to enjoy.....
jency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:43 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Getting through Christmas/New Years...for me, it's definitely psychological. I'm not hungry and I don't think about this stuff until it is shoved in my face. I made it through baking sugar and candy cane almond cookies for my nieces and nephews without tasting a thing. I'm proud of myself. However, I won't be baking anymore this season as the lingering vanilla smell made me grumpy with my husband.

I don't want to eat any but there is some deeper part of me (perhaps the old food addict) that is reacting to it. Strange. I didn't realize how addicted to sweets and carbs I was until I began IP. Then again, I never realized how much I ate until IP. I'm glad to be relearning how to eat properly.

I'm grateful for this board and all of you, making it so much easier to stay motivated!
Happiness to all!
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote