Old 12-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Default I've stalled

I started April 28 of this year and have lost a lot of weight in a short time. I stay on plan and run on the treadmill. I eat low carbs, stay away from processed foods, sugar and fatty foods. The weight loss has slowed compared to the first 3-4 months, but I would still lose just about everyday, even if it was just an ounce or two. Well, the last 7 days I've been stuck at the same weight...actually goes up a couple ounces and then back down. Only thing I've changed is I do an hour on the treadmill instead of 30 minutes. Could this be the reason my weightloss has stalled? I actually kicked the scale across the room this morning. :-(
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/265/165

Height: 5'8"

Oh KatMarie, what an amazing result you have had in just a few months. WOW!!!! Be very proud of yourself. Sometimes scales are simply not our friend are they? I've been working with a trainer and am not showing weight loss. I just try to remember that I'm building muscle.

You are probably on the dreaded plateau - the area no one wants to visit. Keep up your amazing work. Have you tried changing your exercise routine any? That might help.

I'm certainly no expert when it comes to weight loss, but I do know a successful person - you.

ps, Don't break your toe on the scale or you won't be able to treadmill.
Queen Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

7 days isn't a stall. Keep up the extra exercise, it's wonderful for your body!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Yeah, 7 days is normal. Actually, sometimes I go 10 before I see a loss no matter how On Plan I have been, others go longer, sometimes you get a whoosh.

I'm not sure if I am misunderstanding. You have lost 110 lbs in 3-4 months?

That seems crazy....how many cals do you eat?

EDIT: nevermind. I see, april was your starting date. I thought you meant 3-4 months when you said that thing about losing however many lbs in 3-4 months. my bad. :P

Last edited by lottie63; 12-18-2010 at 10:09 AM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #5  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Ya...I agree..7 days is not a stall and WOW..CONGATS!!!!

Your weight loss is nothing short of impressive. More proof that running when combined with a healthy diet is extremely effective. That said, what is your daily calorie intake? I ask because you mention you've increased your exercise which, in effect, increases your calorie deficit. After a while our bodies get used to the lower calories and then we stall. I've tried upping my calories one day per week...it's really helped revv back up my metabolism.

In any event, I think what you've done is AWE INSPIRING..keep up the GREAT WORK!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #6  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

110 lbs?! That's amazing!
Congrats!

I'm slowly starting to plateau.
But don't give up! I'd rather plateau
for a while rather than gaining. Just
keep it up and the scale will eventually
start moving again.

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #7  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

WOW Congrats on your weight loss so far! That is amazing!

I totally understand how frustrating it can be when you don't see a loss. You wonder, 'am i on a plateau?' 'should i exercise more? eat less?' It can be scary. Just don't give up! You are doing such a wonderful thing for your body and your health mentally and physically.

I to am no expert, but if you feel the need to do something to get the scale to budge I would suggest adding some resistance training to your treadmill workouts. Or you can just keep doing what your doing, tha'ts perfectly fine as well. Because like what others have said, 7 days isn't necessarily a stall. You could see a whoosh in your near future.

Keep up the great work!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #8  

I eat around 1000 calories, sometimes a little less, sometimes up to 1200. I thought the extra treadmill time would speed my weight loss up again, but it did the opposite. I am enjoying the extra running time...I feel upbeat and energized after running. I think I'll put the scale away for a week and continue to do what I'm doing and see how it goes. The scale might be broke after I kicked it anyways...it was a pretty hard kick and it hit the wall...lmao.
Thanks guys. I'll calm down.
Oh, and I do need to add some kind of different exercise. I mess around a bit with the Kinect, but not enough for it to really matter. Maybe get some of those resistance bands?
Old 12-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #9  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

OP, simply put, 1,000 calories is too low. To be honest IMHO, 1200 is also too low (although there are some here may disagree with me)

Just so happened...I conducted a test on some info I found on breaking weight loss stalls. I'm on a 1400-1700 cal diet and have been losing consistently until a few weeks ago. I exercise 3-5 times/wk, sometimes 6 days. I run too (LOVE THE FEELIN TOO)!

Check it out....it may be just what you need to rev your metabolism back up!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ml#post3612325
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #10  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMarie View Post
I eat around 1000 calories, sometimes a little less, sometimes up to 1200. I thought the extra treadmill time would speed my weight loss up again, but it did the opposite. I am enjoying the extra running time...I feel upbeat and energized after running. I think I'll put the scale away for a week and continue to do what I'm doing and see how it goes. The scale might be broke after I kicked it anyways...it was a pretty hard kick and it hit the wall...lmao.
Thanks guys. I'll calm down.
Oh, and I do need to add some kind of different exercise. I mess around a bit with the Kinect, but not enough for it to really matter. Maybe get some of those resistance bands?
Welcome to the world of "hind sight is 20/20". I wasn't going to respond to this post because *I* am on a plateau and have been since October. But *I* too went the 1000 calorie route and let me tell you...it's hard to turn back. If you go with 1000 calories your body is going to get really efficient on those 1000 calories and if you eat 1100 calories you will gain and you will get frustrated. You will get really frustrated. And you will give up. Not what you want.

I'm currently trying to repair the damage I have done...by eating!! I am taking a break from exercise and I am increasing my calories. I am actually messing around with my calories. I am going to give myself a day a week or so to eat above my calories.

I'm telling you...at your height and weight, 1000 is way too low, and I am NOT in the "don't eat low calorie" camp.

Just think really long and hard about this. Increasing the calories is no picnic. You will gain weight in the short run. I'm in the process of fixing this myself so I can't give you my example. But you are not on a plateau. You are not. Not yet. You're just headed that way.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #11  

Hmmm, so I need to up my calories. I'll be honest, that sounds scary. I guess I could try it this coming week and keep up the same level of exercise and see what happens. Maybe 1200? My dad seems to think it's a problem that I basically eat the same food day in and day out, and that I should change up my meals. Could that help, too?
Old 12-18-2010, 06:21 PM   #12  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

most likely. your body becomes efficient from what I hear in more ways than one. Like if you just eat a carrot every day eventually it'll get good at burning off that carrot and do it utilizing less energy (therefore burning less cals)

also can you do this forever? 1000 cals and under with all your exercise? I really do hope you keep it off, and finding a plan that will last you the rest of your life is a good way to do that.

good luck!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #13  

I don't plan on eating 1000-1200 calories a day for the rest of my life. After I get to a healthy weight, I'll eat in a normal calorie range. I do plan on staying active, that's for sure. No more couch potato for me.
After a ton of googling and research today, I've decided I'm going to eat more protien and add strength training to my routine. I might just join a gym to get help with it.
Thanks again for the replies.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #14  

Had a whoosh of 2.2 pounds when I jumped on the scale this morning. Whew. That's one tough scale. ;-)
I must have been holding on to some extra fluids.