Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 02:35 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#310

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 04-03-2003, 02:54 PM   #2  

Okay official WI day for me and the scale says......I stay the same!!! Okay, I'm not happy about this, but I will take it like a big girl and hope that next week shows a loss.

Thin: I'm assuming you are in the midst of preparing a post and that you did not just start a new thread and leave , you know I am the thread police!!!

Donna, hope the interview went well? Got my fingers crossed still for you.

And was it thin that told me how to go back to the old thread and be on the new one too, so I could see what everyone wrote. Well hurray for me, I did it, well am doing it, but not many people have posted to respond to.

Lucky: glad you are finally at the end of your cold and starting to feel better.

Mary: just wanted to say hello to you!!! Sorry I missed lastnight.

Hugs to all
~Sandy~

I almost forgot Thankful Thursday.........

I'm thankful I have all you chickees that make me feel better when I'm down.....you are all such lovies!!!! And I am thankful I am still staying OP.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:04 PM   #3  

Interview went fine and the place is gorgeous. The job is a no brainer, but it does have one stress, having to deal with panic buttons of residents who are having heart attacks or whatever. I guess there is a strict procedure about getting help etc. It is all apartments and garden homes, they also have an alzheimer's unit and a direct care unit. This place is amazing, it has a theater, 4 dining rooms, workout and lap pool, 4 beauty shops, and loads of other stuff. There are still people she is interviewing so we will see.

Well, I have big news, at least for me. I tried my digital scales just to see if I could weigh on it yet. Woohoo, I could and I have lost 6 lbs since vacation! The other scale has to be completely screwed up so I am going to use the digital from now on. Since, I have had a mess with the scale, I am going to post my weight as it is today and go from there. It looks like I may have been about 20 lbs heavier than I thought when I started which would have put me at nearly 400 lbs. God help me what was the matter with me?

Well, I have to go and get dh and pick up some lunch as I haven't eaten anything except a bagel and a piece of fruit today.

TTFN
Donna

Last edited by jackslady; 04-03-2003 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:37 PM   #4  
Progress..not perfection

Unhappy The April fool....

is me. I'm the one who posted her calendar in here as a desperate attempt to psych myself up to make this month much better than last month was. I'm the one who thought by including my 3FC family here, it would help keep me honest and inspired. I'm the one who totally believed she could do this. I'm the one that didn't even last a day. I start out my day so well and by the time the night is over, well...let's just put it this way. My last two bags of raisins are gone. And it's not because I threw them out. They went into a pile of garbage though....me.

Even as I'm typing this d%$# post, I'm eating. That's what I do best though....eat. Oh wait, there is one other thing I do well. That's follow my food plan really well for a little while, begin to look and feel really good and then totally trash it.

I went to bed last night so full and uncomfortable that I thought I'd never fall asleep. I laid there for hours condemning myself for all the damage I do to myself and my body and when I finally fell asleep, I started dreaming. I dreamed that I was taped down to the couch in my living room and food was floating all around the room. It would come flying towards my face and try to force itself into my mouth. I was trying my best to fight it off. I tried keeping my mouth shut and the food tried to force it's way in. I took my hands and tried as hard as I could to keep the food from getting into my mouth.

I woke up with claw marks and dried blood all over my chin where I had literally tried to keep the food out. It's amazing I can't seem to do that when I'm awake.

I'm gone for now. I'll be back later. I know this is a depressing post, but frankly...I'm depressed. No more, no less.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:01 PM   #5  

I forgot it was Thankful Thursday and boy am I thankful!

For all the ladies here who keep me honest, love me no matter how dopey I am, and help me to stay on program no matter what!

I am especially thankful for Tina today. Tina who seems to be down today and we are going to try and pick her right up! Words can't could never tell you Tina how much all of us think of you and your strength. You don't think you have it now because you have had a couple bad days, but it is there and it wants to get out so let it OUT!

I am thankful to the man who 31 years ago asked a sad teenager to be his wife then went on to make her the happiest woman in the world. Who makes me laugh all the time, treats me with respect and dignity and gives me the world. Who God love him has thought this lump of blubber was always incredibly sexy and still does!

I am thankful for God's love and his protection in this time of trouble.

I am thankful that I have a beautiful grandson that I can love and play with and two great kids.

Today has been so good, I am even thankful for psycho cat!

Donna
Old 04-03-2003, 09:20 PM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Thankful Thursday
I am thankful for all of you that I can rant about my brother to

I am thankful that he had a good day and that they had a DNA
test done. it will be in Monday.

I am thankful for this country we could live in Iraq.

I am thankful for the man I married 7 years ago the 7th of this month .He didn't know what he was getting into with this family of mine

I am thankful for my job. I really love it

Love all of you
Old 04-03-2003, 11:01 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

Hi...
No time to post. Just wanted to say that day 3 is complete. I didn't exercise, but food and water were good.

Tina...don't beat yourself up. Just start again. The past is past. You've done far too much good to let a few days beat you down. Tomorrow is another day, right, Scarlett...?

See you all tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2003, 02:43 AM   #8  

Oh Tina, Tina, Tina. Stop that right now!You are not garbage. Such harsh words. You can not let a couple of bad days destroy all of your success!! I see a beautiful girl who has worked her **s off, literally, to lose 75 lbs. And your gonna let a little set back like raisins throw you off. It's time to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start again. You are worth it. It's a new day, a new start. Look at the bottom of your post, what's that say "I refuse to quit!" Well, refuse to quit now!!

Everyone say a prayer for Tina, she needs us now more than ever and she has been here for all of us at one time or another, and let's all send her a big hug.

Now not to make light of Tina's tough time. I have great news. I am down another 3.4, that makes a total of 12 in 4 weeks. This is me Tina, come join me up here, I know you know what this feels like. You have been an ispiration to me. I am thrilled over a lousy 12 lbs. Imagine how you must feel after 75. I can't wait to be there. Come on girl!! You can do it!

362/350/165
start/now/then
Old 04-04-2003, 07:22 AM   #9  

DAY 3 CHALLENGE: MET NO CHEAT AND EXERCISE CHALLENGE, YAHOOOOO!

Hello from the beautiful warm south! I got up because I didn't set my alarm and didn't want to oversleep. I am sitting for DGS all day today and am going to try and get my house cleaned, at least the downstairs, before he gets here. I told dh he is not going to come up here and hide! He is going to help keep an eye on Thomas while I try and get some work done.

I have a question for you guys? How do I put this delicately? Oh, heck I might as well come out with it. Since we are all super chubbos, are you finding the butt fat the last to go? I have lost in my behind some, but I notice it is not losing like other places, namely my chin, waist and legs. I just wondered if any of you seem to have the same thing. Considering my size, is there an exercise I would be able to do for this now? I am not ready for that buns of steel thing though I wish I were!

Mary: I still have you in my prayers about your brother. He is going to be ok, it will just take time.

Deon: Hurray for you girl! You must be so excited. I am excited with you!

Kat: Good for you! Keep up the challenge! We can do this I know we can.

How are the rest of my challengers doing? Tina, you are going to get back up on this horse today and ride away, right girl? Oh, just feed the horse apples not yogurt raisins ok?

Tina: I need you to know something so you will understand that I really understand. Before I started in January I was drinking approx 2 6 packs of pepsi or coke a day. I preferred Pepsi, but would buy what was on sale. We bought it by the case for me and me alone. Jack drank IBC root beer a lot, but not near what I was drinking. I would grab a Pepsi first thing as I got downstairs in the morning. If we went out to eat, I got Coke to drink for breakfast. I was like a chain smoker. I chain drank. I have seen myself pour two cans into a glass and down it. If I was in a restaurant, I would usually drink 4 glasses of the stuff. I was hooked and hooked bad. I honestly thought I could never give the stuff up. I knew that if I really wanted to be strong and lose weight I HAD to give the stuff up. I went cold turkey, no pills or patches, no cutting back was going to do it. Unbelievable headaches and diarrhea were my enemy for 3 solid days. It was begging for me to come back to it. I took what I had left and poured it out vowing I was not going back to it. I substituted water for every time I would have drank Pepsi, cursing at the nothing taste, trying to convince myself I could not do this. One of the reasons I lost so fast was the amount of sugar I was no longer taking in. After my withdrawal, I noticed the weight really coming off so it helped me adjust. Now, I can really truly say I do not miss it. I don't think twice about ordering water at a restaurant. I only drink water at home. Last night, dh and I were talking about the weight loss at dinner and he said, "Honey, when you started this, I knew that you had to quit drinking the pop. It was really the thing that worried me the most because you were drinking so much of it. I wasn't sure you could do it, but I am so proud of you. You have really given it up and I am so glad." So, when it comes to desire overriding common sense I am the queen of it all. Any or all of us understand eating something (or in my case drinking) until there is nothing left then being so disgusted with yourself you can't stand it. I didn't even have the good grace to be disgusted with what I was doing to myself for which I am really ashamed. You are the light of this group so I hope you come back today to see that we all love you and want to help you pick yourself up and get back on the road again! Here is your challenge from me: I want you to concentrate on losing weight so that one of these days in the near future, TS is going to actually make a comment to you about it when you are getting that picture or autograph from him. I know he has tons of fans, but you missy are the super fan so I know that he is going to see you face to face a lot. Would you not die right at the table is cutey pie said, "Boy you have lost a lot of weight haven't you?"

To the rest of the sweet ladies here, I salute you. Salute you for being strong and courageous, for helping me when I was down and praising me when I was up!

Donna
Old 04-04-2003, 10:19 AM   #10  

Donna: Can I come there where it's warm, it is cold here again. So much for the warm sunny days we had a week ago. We almost hit 80 one day and now it is snowing in low elevations. We drove to beach yesterday and it was actully snowing there. We don't see snow all year and then we see it at the beach. A huge rarity.I want sunny days back so I can go for bike ride.That's Oregon for ya!!

Tina: how ya doin today?? I'm worried bout ya. I too understand what your feeling. I have sooo been there. I have eaten myself into oblivian many a time. How do you think I got here. But I know somewhere in there you can take control again. Good luck.

Sara: I have to say you have kept me going this week. I just keep looking at your pic and thinking someday that will be me, you make it a reality. I don't want to put too much pressure on you though. I know that can happen. I just want you to know how wonderful it is.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:36 AM   #11  
Progress..not perfection

Default Thankful Thursday & Fun Friday...

are today. I'm sure there were many things to be thankful for yesterday, but I just couldn't see them. I'm seeing a little more clearly today. I hate to come here and spew all that nastiness on you, but I can't talk to anyone else but you guys, because I know that you will understand. Dh tries to help, but he just can't comprehend what I'm going through, like you guys do.

So here are some things I am thankful for:

I am thankful that the shirt I have on is only an XL. Granted, when I washed it, I only put it in the dryer for a minute and then stretched it and let it hang to dry....but it is still an XL and not a 3X.

I am thankful for a friend here that sent me a PM, that not only made me cry, but made me see some things that I just didn't see.

I am thankful that I don't weigh 346 lbs. anymore and that I will never weigh that again...no matter what.

I am thankful that I get off work at noon today and that we are going to ride down to Talladega to watch qualifying for this weekend's race. (Actually that's part of my Fun Friday too)

I am thankful that most of you here don't think I'm a loon, just know that I have a tendency to get down on myself from time to time and decide to come in here and spew my pitiful thoughts.

I am thankful you know how to handle me....whether it's to cry with me or give me a swift kick in the arse.

I am not perfect....I have resigned myself to that. But I'm not garbage either and I'm sorry for typing that. I am not garbage. I am a good Mom, a good wife and a good friend. I'm giving, loving and I always try to help out when I can. I am not worthy of all the nastiness I was spewing out yesterday, I was just extremely depressed. I'm not completely out of the hole, but I can see the light of day and that is a good thing.

Thank you for bearing with my ramblings and doing just what I needed you to do....help dig me out. What in this world would I do without you. I wish I could meet you all someday and if I could stop crying, I would give each and every one of you a huge hug. I hope you know how much you mean to me.

I'm gonna get off here for now, and I probably won't be back until sometime tomorrow, seeing as I'm headed out at noon. I just wanted to tell you not to worry....I'm ok and I'll see my family tomorrow. I love you.
Old 04-04-2003, 01:32 PM   #12  

I'm so happy you are feeling better Tina!!! Enjoy qualifying, you deserve it.....

Deon: Congrats on the loss......happy dance with you

Donna: You made me giggle out loud with the question. Well, my dh always says my butt seems to go first? Go figure? But, this time I have noticed my waist is going too, because my pants are fitting looser and more comfortable. Anyway, I really don't care where it leaves from just so long as it leaves.

Did anyone catch Oprah on Wed. I think with Bob Green on it? Anyway the story of the 2 ladies, oh how I had tears in my eyes. They were incredible. And their best advice was to find what works for you, no 2 people are the same and you have to come to terms with yourself and what you can do and can live with. If you say you are on a diet, then you will fail!!!! Diets don't work. It has to be a life change, lord help me!!!! It takes a lot to change the way you have done things for so long, and it is so tempting to go back to the old ways sometimes. But lets march forwards and not back. I know sometimes we take a step back, but then lets kick ourselves in the butt and take 2 or 3 forward.

Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 04-04-2003, 04:27 PM   #13  

Angry My sweet, sunny chick-peas...

The time I have to post at the moment is limited--I've got red dye in my hair and don't want to go quite the color of Ronald MacDonald! I haven't been online since yesterday morning and hadn't read any of the posts until now.

The thing I wanted to say was... I think Tina is one of the most forthright and refreshingly honest people I know... and I respect her for it. I tend to shy away from people a bit when I'm not "perfect" (I realize nobody is). I haven't done very well in the last couple of days... I've been eating too much also. The story Tina told about eating too much, feeling terrible and having dreams could have been mine recently. (I'm still maintaining... just having some issues with it.) It's strange. Sometimes we think that all will be solved after we lose the weight, but it's not. It's definitely still an incredible and worthwhile thing to accomplish... but's it's amazing to me how much we are alike. We (meaning women who have had significant weight issues) allow the same negative feelings about our eating behavior to take hold of us whether we weigh 135, 235, or 335 pounds. Hmm. Something I'm definitely going to think about more.

Anywho, I'm rambling and my hair is probably already too red! Catch all my chickies later.

Sara
Old 04-04-2003, 04:59 PM   #14  

Don't let a few slip ups get you down, Tina. We all have them.

This afternoon, I had a sliver of banana cream pie. Mind you, it is NOT on the diet; but I had to compensate at dinner in order to stay within my 1500 calorie limit--not an easy feat. I was also given a box of sugar-free Russell Stover pecan clusters, and being a chocoholic I am, it is hard NOT to eat more than the serving size (2 pieces)--but somehow I managed!

Just remember, tomorrow is another day, and it can only get better from here!
Old 04-04-2003, 05:14 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Way too much going on in life. Sorry I haven't been here more often. The thread has been real slow these last couple of days, so everyone else must be very busy as well.

I got the baby up to school and then took my mom to see her brother on Tuesday. That ends up being an all-day affair for sure. It's worth it, as my uncle is my mother's last living relative from that generation on both her and my dad's side of the family. Mom will be 82 this July and she goes through a really rough time with each one that passes. Her sister last spring was a tough one.

My oldest is down with the same cold I had for the last two weeks. The difference??? He has to stay in bed and play the martyr. I, however, had to be up and play mom, wife, cook, cleaning lady, etc. etc. Oh well, it's a man thing!!!

I have been very bad in the area of food lately. I've been eattin everything in sight, and then some. The difference is, I'm not feeling the least bit guilty. I finish something and then reach for something else. It's terrible, but I just can't seem to stop. I know I'll have my guilty regrets when I can't fit in that auditorium seat next month for graduation though! I just have no control right now.

I don't have time for lots of replies, sorry. To everyone who is showing losses, a BIG Congratulations!! It's wonderful to see too, they've been BIG losses!!!

Tina: [[[hugs]]], honey. This too will pass. I know that's not much comfort, but look at all you've accomplished. You'll get back to business in no time. Hopefully, I will too.

Ok, I'm overdue to get some paperwork done. I've gotta run. You all have a good night. See ya soon.

God Bless America!

Last edited by thinthinker; 04-07-2003 at 07:52 PM.
Closed Thread