Old 12-18-2010, 06:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 294/204/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Had a rough week....

For some reason I have been faltering just a little too much this past week. For one... it's been extremely cold (single digits) and snowing and icy, which makes me want to stay inside and pile up on the couch and eat and drink comfort foods... and then everybody has been bringing in cookies, cakes, blah blah for the holidays into work, and I've done a pretty good job of staying away from it, but not a perfect job.

Until yesterday, I hadn't exercised at all since December 8th... prior to that day I was going to the gym every single day... and then I just stopped. Yesterday I had an appointment with a personal trainer for the first time. I was scared to death! I was scared because I hadn't worked out in a week, and because I didn't think I could really do anything.

I can walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes, but that's about it.

Yesterday... it was proven to me that I can do more than that. My limbs felt like jelly when she was done with me, but I felt good that everything she wanted me to do... I was able to do.

I was lying in bed this morning awake, and thinking of how this past week I have been feeling like giving up. The thought came to my mind... I can't! For any reason... I cannot give up. So what that I fell back for a week... it's only a week... not my life.

Yesterday a guy I went to school with.. his wife who was 31 years old had a heart attack and died, leaving behind 6 children.

I don't want that to be me.

I want to live, and I want to have a good quality of life, so giving up ever... is not an option.

Thanks for letting me vent
EvilGidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:38 AM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

One week out of your entire life is not a big deal and realizing that is a great step in the right direction.

The cold lately is killer.

Just take away some of your options. If you say oh I can't have any junk at work when people bring treats, it makes it easier sometimes I think than saying oh maybe in moderation...helps me anyhow.. stay strong! *hug*
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #3  
GGirl

S/C/G: 230/181/145

Height: 5'5"

Post Never give up!!!

You are sooo correct. For no reason, can you give up. There is always tomorrow and a chance to start new.

I am new to 3FCs and am impressed by your progress so far.
ggirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #4  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

congrats on the gym and personal trainer. I remember how nervous I was about doing those things. This time of year is so dang busy, fun, but stressful in lots of ways too. not to mention full of temptations.

and yes, the cold has been brutal! between that and all the errands and to-do list and general level of "I'm exhausted!", I'm having a tough time getting exercise in too.

that is really sad about your friend! I totally agree with you about the health aspects of it. hang in there!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #5  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Yes! Gidget this is a great post...and you are doing really good with your weight loss. Your right when you say: so what I fell back a week...it's only a week...not my life. That is so right! I love it when we have these light bulb moments when we finally get it. This is why I alway's failed in the past with my weight loss attempts. I would have a bad day or a bad week- and I would throw the whole baby out with the bath water. And I have lived years being over weight when it was so unnecessary.
You should be very proud of yourself- you are so on your way
Happy New Year Gidget!!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:48 AM   #6  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

What great motivation! You can do it!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

You can do it, stay strong. So lucky you got a personal trainer! You'll be running on that treadmill in no time.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote