South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-17-2010, 08:51 AM   #1  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Talking Yay!

OK so I am a bit of a freak, and I have been sort of stuck scalewise for almost two weeks. That always puts me in a questioning sort of place. I have been back and forth about "cheat days" vs. "life happens". Meaning that in my head life happens, and during the holidays, its totally ok to grab a bite of chocolate cake at the christmas party, or go for Sushi with the office girls (both of which I did this week). Anyway, I KNEW that it was ok, but today in my email I get my SB email newsletter thingy and this was the first article..(copied and pasted)

Start Article

4 Ways to Handle Sweet Gifts

The holidays are a time for gift giving, and for many that translates to being on the receiving end of a tin of caramel-covered popcorn, a box of fudge, or a traditional fruitcake. If you're following the South Beach Diet, you already know that sugary sweets can lead to a vicious cycle of blood-sugar swings and cravings for more. That's not to say you can't indulge a little. The South Beach Diet is a lifestyle, after all — one that makes sense during the holidays and throughout the year. But it helps to have an action plan in place before the edible gifts start to arrive. Here are some pointers:

Share It: Find a festive serving platter, and bring any tempting sweets you received to the next holiday party, where they can be shared and enjoyed by other partygoers. Or bring the goodies into the office and share with your coworkers.

Swap It: Consider a gift swap with a family member or friend. Did your neighbor receive a carton of fresh citrus fruits? Perhaps she'd be willing to trade it for your fancy box of petits fours.

Nip It in the Bud: If you can, plan a preemptive strike — drop hints to your family and close friends. Is there something special you've had your eye on? Tell your aunt you've been admiring the latest wine opener — then hope that she takes the hint and sends it to you in lieu of her traditional candy tower!

Enjoy in Moderation: Remember that the holidays come but once a year. It's okay to allow yourself a few bites of your favorite holiday pie or, best of all, a little dark chocolate (which has antioxidants that are good for your heart!) — as long as the rest of your meals and snacks are South Beach Diet–friendly. If you continue to follow the plan — which includes regular exercise — as best you can during the holiday season, you'll stay on track and avoid those excess holiday pounds.

End Article

The highlighted part was the part that made me . Then I went and did my morning weigh in and not stuck anymore. Sushi and chocolate cake be damned! HAHA

Have a good day everyone.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:01 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

She is Lioness! Hear her roar!
Good going and a great attitude.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:05 AM   #3  
OMW to a brand new me!

thanks.

Had a rough day yesterday (not diet related) and I kind of needed to roar a bit, and find my power again. Not that this is all I have, but its a start.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

One of the great things I love about SB. Make it work for your life. Congrats on your success!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:19 PM   #5  
OMW to a brand new me!

yes one of the many many things I heart about SB.

Thanks! You too!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:10 PM   #6  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

I so needed this. For the first time, I put something in my mouth today that wasn't on plan. Darn, darn, darn! I was making a desert and licked the spoon a few times. Couldn't believe I did that and have been beating myself up ever since. But now that I've had time to think about it, it's not the end of the world and I'm even more determined to climb back on the beach and hand on will every thing I can!
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote