Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 07:37 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Fri. 17 Dec. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

TGIF Have a wonderful and warm day. To check out yesterday's chat, December 16th, 2010

Last edited by EatAnts; 12-17-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/153/135

Height: 5'5

Need some help ladies....I was invited to a Wedding and reception New Years Eve. Problem being I have NOTHING to wear. Its not a formal wedding. I was thinking possibly a cocktail dress maybe a little black dress but I dont want to spend a ton of $ as I am still dropping lbs. also not sure what colors would work ugh....
Old 12-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #3  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by njajcjmomma View Post
Need some help ladies....I was invited to a Wedding and reception New Years Eve. Problem being I have NOTHING to wear. Its not a formal wedding. I was thinking possibly a cocktail dress maybe a little black dress but I dont want to spend a ton of $ as I am still dropping lbs. also not sure what colors would work ugh....
Do you have someone you could borrow a dress from? How about a discount or second-hand store? Something in the back of your closet that hasn't fit for a while? You can always dress up something old with new shoes or a new belt to give it a fresh look. Don't forget jewelry! As for colour, anything but white and don't be more flashy than the bride-people are already going to notice you!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Second hand store is a great idea! Discount stores like ross, marshalls, tj maxx. Good will has things once in awhile. Ebay? There is still some time to ship. What size are you now? OR what are your measurements? I have done well just with my measurements buying offline and off ebay.

I have often said it is too bad we don't have a way to exchange clothing between us. We all shrink out of our sizes and their is bound to be someone who has a size we could use!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/153/135

Height: 5'5

Thanks so much Ladies. Thinking about running to TJMaxx on lunch today with the day coming up so quickly and my hectic sched time is a factor. Then maybe this weekend I can squeeze in running to some second hand stores. Im not huge with ordering online as most of the time it looks cute on the model and terrible on me.

It would be AWESOME if there was an easy way for us to trade clothes.... I have donated so many items already and the money we would save would really help a ton!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Friday Morning!!!

Only 8 more sleeps till comes!!!!

Only 6 more sleeps till we leave & we see our Grandkids

Another NSV this morning...my DD gave me some more summer clothes last night and tried on a pair of Size 11 JEAN capris and they fit!!! Also several tops I bought her in Germany (they were too small for me) AND NOW THEY FIT!!!

WOW just gotta love IDEAL PROTEIN
Old 12-17-2010, 11:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 156/145/130

Height: 5'7

Quote:
There's lot's of pretty dresses out there for cheap that you could pass on to a grateful person when you are done with it. I'd go with looking polished and agree with accessorizing!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 156/145/130

Height: 5'7

Down 5 more pounds at my second WI on wednesday!!!! I had stepped on the scale there on Monday and was so bummed to see that I had only lost 1 more pound since my 1st WI. But, my period was also ending and thought that might play a part- I can get pretty bloated... Then BAM! on wednesday-more pounds gone! Have you guys noticed that you tend to stall durring your menstrual cycle?
Anyway, I'm amazed at how quickly my body is changing! I've never supported the "fast" weight loss concept, and it still worries me, but it really is motivating to see such changes. I've only had to lose a 20-30 pound weight gain twice in my life. I was younger and took the very slow and steady route with healthy eating and excercise, but it was hard to see the changes until people started to point it out. With this diet I feel like there's changes every couple of days and that keeps me stoked! 12 pounds down, almost halfway there!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:35 AM   #9  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Check the sale racks in the large dept. stores and stores like TJ Maxx. Although I know the clothes I have bought this fall are the size I will continue to wear I have shopped for sales, dicounted prices and clearance. I have never shopped at Belk for clothing, but in Oct. (first Tuesday) I got a Belk card and shopped that day. First Tuesday is senior day. I shop in the petite dept. I have found sweaters and jackets at really good prices and pants I don't have to cut off. I have not shopped for any dressy clothing, so my info might not be much help to you. I told my husband I am a walking billboard for Ideal Protein and Belks. Lol. Let us know what you find.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Quote:
For inbetween sizes during weight loss, I just made a killing at Marshalls if you have that chain down South and JC Penneys has some great upscale looking evening wear for very low prices. Good disposable apparel that'll last you until you can't take it in anymore! Have a great time on New Years. I'm sure you'll look terrific
Old 12-17-2010, 02:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Quote:
What about a consignment shop? Since you will only be able to wear it a couple of times before you will have to sell it because it will be too small!
Old 12-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Only 8 more sleeps till comes!!!!

Only 6 more sleeps till we leave & we see our Grandkids

Another NSV this morning...my DD gave me some more summer clothes last night and tried on a pair of Size 11 JEAN capris and they fit!!! Also several tops I bought her in Germany (they were too small for me) AND NOW THEY FIT!!!

WOW just gotta love IDEAL PROTEIN
That is so wonderful!! I am so happy for you! I wonder what the grandkids will say?

Before I started Ideal protein I remember my niece and nephew (back when they were 3 to 7) asking occasionally, "why are you so fat?" (emphasis on fat!) I was always shocked and almost cried at their candid questions. I didn't really know the why. They had to ask because NO ONE else in the family is fat. REALLY! My sisters each have 2 kids and both were size 2/4. My mother was heavier, but she died when they were too little to have many memories.

This past summer, we went to ride a child's train ride and I hesitated. I was still thinking, I CAN'T get MY behind in THAT seat! My nephew asked why I didn't want to go and I said " I think it is too small for me." He grabbed my hand and said, "JUST DO IT! You aren't a fat lady anymore!" I nearly cried, again because of the directness of the comment but, more because here a little kid was able to see and say what I should have known all along. I love the perspective they can bring.

I wonder what your grandbabies will say about their skinny grandma!

Well, today is another day of errands and running around. I will stop back later this evening. I hope everyone has a great day!

I wanted to say thank you to all those adding to the inspiration thread. I am going to post my appreciation for those comments here so we may keep that thread as "chatter" and clutter free as possible.

Gaile, I love your grandmother's thought. She is a wise lady.

Mamadancer and Sheeshie, your posts made me think "I needed those when I hit slow downs." I was always running trying to be somewhere else and not appreciating where I was in the long scheme of things.

Losing for Good, The "Don't Quit" poem is one of my favorites. I carried it in my wallet after high school. I have long since forgotten who gave me the laminated wallet card but, I have never forgotten the words.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #13  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Default did i just blow my whole week????

so...since I started IP i only have 1 small coffee a day with literally just a touch of skim milk. (this is BIG in itself...because i used to have MANY cups a day with cream)

Today just feels like the LONGEST day ever at work so i went to the little convenient store next door to get a coffee.

They ONLY had half and half to put in it. I used some and now ALL i can think is that i ruined my whole good week

Am i just obsessing or have i truly ruined my week???? I guess i will see on tuesday at my weigh in

I will of course double my water intake for the rest of the week now....

any thoughts???
Old 12-17-2010, 04:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
so...since I started IP i only have 1 small coffee a day with literally just a touch of skim milk. (this is BIG in itself...because i used to have MANY cups a day with cream)

Today just feels like the LONGEST day ever at work so i went to the little convenient store next door to get a coffee.

They ONLY had half and half to put in it. I used some and now ALL i can think is that i ruined my whole good week

Am i just obsessing or have i truly ruined my week???? I guess i will see on tuesday at my weigh in

I will of course double my water intake for the rest of the week now....

any thoughts???
How much half and half did you have? 1 oz has 1.3 carbs (less than an IP drink) less than 0.1 g of sugar.
I don't see where that will effect you at all. Protocol allows for milk in the coffee in the mornings.
As for doubleing your water for the reat of the week?!! are you sure? if you are already drinking 100oz a day 200 oz could be a bad thing! There really is such a thing as too much water.
Relax, breathe, in my humble opinion you did not screw up anything.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #15  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

I wanted to again say a huge THANK YOU to all of you who brought me back up when I was down. And Carla- your one pound poem really brought it home for me.

I'm babysitting my 7 yr old sister again this weekend. We decided to go out for dinner tonight (salmon and broccoli for me!) and go bowling this weekend.

Hey-- has anyone read Portia de Rossis book? I just finished it and holy smokes it was intense! I remember a time when i had simiilar thoughts and feelings back when I exercised 2 hours a day and ate under 1000 cals. I fell off that wagon obviously because my frame of mind and the way I looked at food was unhealthy.

Anyways - I just wanted to thank you all again and say:: keep on keeping on, my friends. You all are doing awesome. Xox.
Closed Thread