General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/114

Height: 5'5

Default Anyone else on an anti-candida diet?

I've been put on it by my nutritionist to help treat my IBS and general stomach problems and was wondering if anyone else was on it/has been on it/knows anything about it.

I like most of the food I can eat (essentially, meat, vegetables and eggs) but it does feel very limiting, especially with my family's stupid christmas food all around me the whole time, so if anyone has some awesome recipes that would be great too!
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/159/148

Height: 5'9"

What foods are you supposed to stay away from? Gluten, dairy, and sugar (also fruit)?
bonnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/114

Height: 5'5

Yeah, basically all processed foods or foods with preservatives in them, which is MOST food (and is making me lose faith in humanity somewhat that people can pack food with so much crap), sugars including natural sugars (so fruit), wheat/grains, dairy, funghi
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:20 AM   #4  

You may want to check out some of the primal recipes. I think most of them are gluten-free and many are dairy-free. Besides the recipes listed on this site, Mark Sisson's site has a free cookbook put together by his followers, just go to his site and click on freebies.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 228/196/160

Height: 5' 8.5"

How's the diet going? I do a candida clense a 2-3 times a year my family has a history of candida but mine isn't so bad. My mom read a ton of books when the dr told my dad to switch to the diet, I think she liked the Complete Candida Yeast Guidebook, Revised 2nd Edition: Everything You Need to Know About Prevention, Treatment & Diet by Jeanne Marie Martin and Zoltan P. Rona M.D. the best.
The diet is pretty strict I always have a really hard time finding good recipes. My favorites are:
No noodle chicken soup
Ingredients:
½ medium onion minced
1 small carrot
2 stalks celery sliced
Sprinkle of Tyme
Sprinkle of Parsley
4 cups of organic chicken broth
½ cup water
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cooked chicken cubed or sliced

Place broth and water into pot add veggies and herbs, add a pinch of salt and pepper. Simmer on med/low until veggies are almost tender and add chicken. Remove when veggies are tender.
It's really basic but so tasty! I use Imagine orgainc chicken broth it is the only one I have found that doesn't have any starch in it. The recipe stated only to use a carrot if you can handle it, they are pretty high in sugar but a lot of recipes I found allowed them and tomoatos as well in very small portions.

Turnip Hashbrowns
Ingredients:
1 large Cubed Turnip
¼ cup Onion minced
¼ cup Rep pepper chopped
¼ cup Green pepper chopped
2 tbsp Butter
Heat butter in pan until melted add cubed turnip and other ingredients. Stir constantly watch carefully once browned remove and serve.

Have you come across any great recipes?
carvedmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote