South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 02:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Fantastic Friday Chat

Good morning, everybody. Working again right now, but it's been a MUCH nicer night than last night, for sure. I don't think I went into it last night, but what happened was our CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) computers reached their virtual memory limit and just stopped working. We were w/o them for almost 5 hours. I know it wasn't too awful long ago that people did all this stuff by hand, but it sure isn't fun doing it now, LOL Anywho, once I get off this morning I'll be off for the whole weekend. Not that I don't have tons of stuff to do, but it'll be nice to not be at work, LOL

I'm late responding to yesterday, so here's my personals for yesterday.

Ruth - Sure hope you got your blood sugar level all taken care of and are feeling a little less shaky and yucky. I would definitely get Aunt Rose's card in the mail ASAP lest you receive the New Year's shaming!!! LOL

Lexxiss - So glad you and Cyndi got to have dinner together last night. It's always nice to put a face w/ a name. Oooh, I don't know if I could've resisted the chocolate coffee...it just SOUNDS heavenly. YUM!!! It'll make a nice Christmas morning treat, though.

Heidi - It has warmed up here, so maybe a warm-up is coming for you soon. I'm sure the kids are getting pretty restless by now. Congratulations on making it through 2 holiday parties w/ no cheats. That's awesome!!! I'm not as strong as you, so I'm making SB friendly goodies for my family Christmas get-together. At least then if I overindulge it'll be SB friendly overindulgence, LOL

cottage - You are SO right. I've got to do all my Christmas shopping this weekend, but I'm not going to over-exert myself, that's for sure. Luckily I've told everybody except the kids (my niece and nephew) and my bestfriend that I'm not giving presents out this year. And I'm w/ you...I want to see pictures from Debbie and Cyndi's meet-up!!! Hey, wait a minute...how'd you find out about your Pandora bracelet??? Were you naughty??? You know, Santa Claus will not come see you if you're naughty!!! Good luck getting all your shopping done!!!

WaistingTime - Good luck w/ all your blood work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good numbers for you!!!

CyndiM - Glad to hear you got to have dinner w/ Debbie last night. Sucks you had to cut it short, though. Stupid work...it always ruins things!!! Case and point, today it made me rush and forget my apple that I was taking for a snack. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!!!

Bellissa - Good luck w/ your finals this week!!!

Pearlrose - Glad you got to stay home and work instead of getting out on those icy roads.

TallandThin - You are SO right...computers can be a HUGE pain...but in general I'm happier w/ them than w/o them. Hope you're feeling better this morning and were able to get to feeling less shaky.

SouthernJudy - Good to see you again. Hope you are doing good as well.

As for me, I'm having a movie night w/ two of my very good friends tonight. Not sure what we're going to watch, but it should be fun. Gotta run...hope you ladies have a good day!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 03:48 AM   #2  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Morning!

I reached a point where my body really craved carbs and I gave in with toffee cake and buiscuits. I just couldn't do it any more. And because I know how i binge eat and how the last time I did phase 1 I ended up relapsing and putting on everything I had lost, I think I am going to have to allow myself to ea some carbs and recently it has been wholemeal pitta bread and houmous and just trust that my body will stop. I don't know where this is going to take me, I think I have lost a pound over the last few weeks, I know I need exercise, I went swimming yesterday and then planning gym tomorrow. I don't know where I am going wrong. Does anybody else get that slipping into carbs thing?
Old 12-17-2010, 06:25 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies! It was really cold here again last night, but I put flannel sheets on the bed and felt much warmer and cozier. Whether we really were warmer or whether it was all in my head, I slept better.

Natasha, you could be a weather forecaster, it is supposed to warm up a little today and tomorrow. It's 4 degrees right now and the forecast says we could hit 20 degrees in the mountains today. I'm counting on getting the kids outdoors at noontime today! Enjoy your movie night, that's a great way to start your work free weekend. What will you see?

Hello Hope, I slept right through your morning, so I'll say good day to you! I don't remember struggling on phase 1 as much as you are, but I was quite heavy and the excitement of seeing pounds drop away so quickly on phase 1 was such a big deal that I happily dealt with the hard stuff. I don't know if my 'tricks' will work for you, but my 3 favorite willpower boosters are exercise, nuts and sugar free chewing gum. Exercise works the best for me - instead of eating I hit the treadmill or wii fit or whatever, but when I can't do that a serving of almonds or a piece of sugar free gum will almost always help me get past the temptation. I gave up SF gum a month or so ago because it was making me gassy. I'm chewing it despite the uncomfortable side effects these days though because it helps me avoid the cookies and candies that are everywhere this time of year! Good luck to you!

I'm so glad that it's Friday! I've got a busy weekend ahead of me too, but I'm ready for a little break from my 5 year old buddies.

Hey Debbie, I bet you DO know how to play the games I mentioned yesterday... Santa says is just Simon says. Reindeer, reindeer, Rudolph is Duck, Duck, Goose. The kids are so excited about Christmas that I can get them to do anything for 20 minutes or so if I include Santa or Reindeer in the name. LOL

Good morning to those who haven't stopped in yet. Enjoy your Friday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 12-17-2010 at 06:29 AM. Reason: got carried away with the smilies....
Old 12-17-2010, 06:30 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm glad I always have you all to help me figure out what day it is...Friday! Thanks, Natasha, for getting us started. I can't even imagine doing your job without a computer! Glad it's up and running again. Have fun with your friends tonight.

hope for recovery, you are finding a useful skill, which is picking an appropriate food when your body is craving something. One of the most important things I have learned since coming to the beach is that when I eat foods with the refined sugar/white flour/fat combo I always crave more of the same.

TallandThin, I work with the local rescue group who saved Rudi's life. Our shelter here is a no kill, so this organization takes dogs from other shelters who don't have that luxury. Often, our group takes dogs from Kansas, Arkansas and Missouri. The 3 dogs that arrived last night were from Kansas where they had no hope of being adopted. My friend is going to foster one, with the intent of adopting.

Heidi, have a happy Friday! lol if I knew those games I am trying to forget.

Me, reorganizing this morning. We had a great mini trip, and really enjoyed meeting up with Cyndi. No pictures...just a nice visit. We had a holiday party to get to soon after arriving home. It was fun. Today is getting packed up to go over the hill. I'd love an extra day here, but all my family gifts need to be sent by mail and tomorrow is the day. My Sis is in Hawaii and I can't wait on hers until Monday. We will go to the pool at 9 and will hopefully have a better game plan before then.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 12-17-2010 at 06:33 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning! I'm working my way through a pot of coffee. The first cup was to wake me up, the second to make me sociable, to quote a friend.

We weren't to get any snow yesterday, but it started snowing around 1pm and covering everything. It sure was pretty, but made the roads a skating rink and there were accidents all over the place. I managed to make it to school to pick up the girls, but as soon as I got them safely home, I headed on home myself. What normally takes me 15 minutes ended up taking 45 minutes. Whew! And it isn't even winter yet, LOL.

Today is my big baking day, and I plan to get started right after I have some breakfast. I'm only making 3 kinds and all the doughs were made earlier in the week, but each cookie has to be formed and 2 of them are a multi-step procedure. I do plan to sample two of the cookies, only because they are new recipes and I want to make sure they meet my stardards, but that's all I plan to taste. Sweets just don't taste as good to me as they used to anymore, thank goodness.

Natasha, I swear I didn't peek! He had a couple of booklets from different jewelry stores tucked in his sock drawer and I saw them when I was putting his laundry away, and I've overheard him discussing bracelets with my DD.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning chicks!

Natasha - Isn't it amazing to think about how dependent we are on technology but how we used to get by without it? Remember life before cell phones!? Enjoy your weekend.

Hope - The more carbs I eat the more I want; the less I eat... the less I crave them. I have done SB off and on several times and for me, getting back on really comes from a clean PH1. It is hard but worth it. That said, I am a big believer that we are all different and need to find what works for us.

Heidi - I wondered if you had found a non-gassy gum yet. I've been chewing a lot less because of teeth issues and miss it.

Debbie - Glad you made it back safely and had a nice visit. Pretty soon you'll have all the Christmas vacationers descending on CO!

Linda - My belly is much better, thanks. I will still see the surgeon because my internist says I need to take this seriously, but will insist on definitive testing before any knives. I foresee another big medical expense year in my future

Teen starts finals today; will be home mid-morning then we take him to get his new cell phone for Christmas. After my weekly workout with my mom and trainer, I have lots of groceries to buy and cleaning to do in prep of our guests arriving tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:42 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie again! I slept until 7:30 and am in fine fettle to crank up my day. I hate flannel sheets but did wear bed socks and had an extra mohair blanket folded over my feet. It worked!

My sister is coming for coffee "around 8:30" and she's always early so ...
Old 12-17-2010, 08:46 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning friends Well leave it to me to get trapped by snow. I sure wish I had my good snow tires! Today is the last working day and will be just a few quick visits then making my way back to Albuquerque. I am so looking forward to seeing DW and enjoying a relaxing weekend.

I was just doing some of my last minute shopping. I do love Amazon
Old 12-17-2010, 09:08 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I need a bumper sticker, "Organization Happens". We've made big progress here which started with a list. We've crossed off all the want to's and are focusing on the need to's, instead. We just have to get out of here!

Linda, good luck with your baking, especially the new recipes.

Karen, have a good workout with your mom!

Ruth, hope you're having a nice visit with your sis.

Cyndi, I hope you get out of Espanola and never have to return....We did have an amazingly lucky trip back. We encountered a bit of snow on our 12000' pass, but the sun was bright and intense.

Back to the list.. I'll see you all from the other side of the divide.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:08 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, quick drop in again for me as I have a mtg to run to. Yesterday evening I ended up having to change the kitchen faucet as DD2 managed to break the old one while standing on the sink to admire her newly braided hair. We have a mirror over the sink. Bonked my cheekbone on the disposal while changing thought for sure I was going to have a nice bruiser today but I was pleasantly surprised by just a pink spot. DS helped me change it, unfortunately DH is no help for DIY jobs around the house. But all ended well.

Today I had to go in to work becuz of the meetings but roads were not too bad, Kids school was cancelled again due to ice on sidewalks still. DD1 is freaking over tests and if the teachers are going to cram all of the information in at last minutes. She has test anxiety so will be interesting. They have missed three days this week due to weather.

Hang in there and try to enjoy yourselves for this upcoming week.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:20 AM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning

Natasha - computers, ugh. Have nice weekend you deserve it.

Hope - you are getting good advice here.

Heidi - I can't imagine a class full of kindergarten kids at Christmas time.

Cottage - you are so organized with your baking. Have fun at your cookie exchange.

Karen - glad you are feeling better. Exam time is so stressful.

Ruth - enjoy coffee with your sister.

Cyndi - enjoy your weekend and take a look at some of those rugs. If I ever win the lottery I would buy some.

Debbie - hope you accomplish your list.

Pearlrose - don't you like it when school is cancelled.

me - I'm also doing some baking but have a question - is white whole wheat flour acceptable. I'm trying to get all my grocery shopping done today so I don't have to hit the stores over the weekend.
take care
Sophie
Old 12-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #12  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Hi all,

Lexxiss, WastingTime, sophie,

Thank you for all the support and the advice! Lexxiss I do remember that happening to me before, the craving for sugar and the more I eat, the more I want, it is like a drug, which is why i overate on it. I find portion control a lot easier with protein and veg. But it somehow felt really good to have that wholemeal bread and houmous last night and some bread with my eggy breakfast too. But after breakfast, omg I was sluggish, I was sleepy, I was restless and I thought, no, I am not doing it next time.

I had cooked some chilli con carne for lunch and put some pitta bread in it and I just took it out and did not eat it and felt very refreshed, my lunch was clean, dinner too, my colleagues were eating vegetable crisps and i could not even look at them, i did not classify it as food. I have also become aware that when i am not eating this food, i don't crave it when it is around me, i just don't care.

So yeah you are right about that one, I think I am discovering it in my own time as well. But I still think the body has a natural need for carbs or something like that and maybe i need to learn how to do things properly.

I do still feel hungry after I have eaten something that has no bread, rice or potato in it and i just don't know whether this hunger will pass after few weeks. Does it? Or am I missing some nutrients?
Old 12-17-2010, 02:08 PM   #13  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning friends, just time for a quick as I have a super busy day scheduled. Got my walk in the rain already and just bathed the dog so he will be nice and clean for our house full of family tomorrow. Now on to laundry, house cleaning, cooking, errands, etc., etc. Hope everyone is staying as close to on plan as possible today and I'll check back in later this evening.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:11 PM   #14  

Height: 5ft

Cool

Hi ladies, IT"S FRIDAY hope all is doing great. It's cold here in the south but nothing stops me from shopping lol so i'm off to the mall. Have a great afternoon.
Closed Thread