Old 12-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default A&E's "Heavy"

** sorry if this is a repeat thread **

I keep seeing ads for this new show in January on A&E and it looks fantastic! It's NOT a competition for money, it's just a showcase of 2 people per episode, over the course of 11 weeks as they really 'go for it' for losing weight. Some are in the 200's some are in the 600's in weight! I had to give up on The Biggest Loser as Jillian turned into a cartoon therapist that I wanted to both laugh at/punch LOL But this HEAVY show looks like it might be very inspirational and interesting!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:05 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I"m gonna go look for ads on youtube.

I generally hate reality shows regarding obesity (except ruby, I find her inspirational and so likeable! I'm finishing up season 2 of ruby on netflicks now )

I just feel like biggest loser and all that is just like a big joke and a way to allow generally 'normal' people sit back on their couches and gawk and laugh at people with serious problems.

But I'll check it out. It would be nice to see more positivity come out of this (and help people in the mean time) instead of treating the obese likes freaks of nature.

grrrr. arrrgh. :P
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Couldn't find anything.

but did find this guy onision ( he has a page at www.onision.net ) and has some stuff on obesity he rants about that is interesting. ha.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

I had to hunt this down and this was all I found on A&E's New press site. Its apparently a spin-off of the Intervention series.

NEW UNSCRIPTED SERIES:

I'M HEAVY working title (10 x 1 hour)

Premieres 2011

"I'm Heavy" is an intimate look at the remarkable journeys of individuals whose daily struggle with their weight has overtaken their lives. Viewers will get unprecedented access into the lives of participants - who come from all walks of life but share the inability to manage their escalating weight - as they go through a six month program. The process will begin with an intensive in-patient treatment and therapy program where participants will learn the knowledge and techniques necessary to inspire dramatic results and we'll continue to follow them as they transition back to their daily lives. Two individual transformations will be told in each episode, from the points of view of both individuals, and their friends and family affected. Will these overweight individuals be able to overcome behavioral problems and food addictions to achieve true life change?

"I'm Heavy" will be filmed at two different centers by two production companies. The South Carolina portion is produced by Tijuana Entertainment for A&E. Executive producers for Tijuana are Troy Searer and John Foy. The Texas portion is produced by Megalomedia Inc. for A&E. Jonathan Nowzaradan serves as executive producer for Megalomedia Inc. Executive producers for A&E are Robert Sharenow, Elaine Frontain Bryant, Scott Lonker and Michael Morrison.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/238/135

Height: 5'6"

i posted a thread about this in the weight loss news area-not that i care that it is repeated-but we actually have some people on here who are on the show! check out the thread here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...how-heavy.html
-fm
foodmasochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Looks interesting! I checked out the other thread too, cool that members here (and family/friends of members) will be participating. I'll be watching!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/252/150

Height: 5'3''

cant wait to watch this!
camocutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:17 AM   #8  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for posting this over here, Trazey. I would have missed it in the other section. I hadn't heard anything about this show, but it's definitely something I will be watching.

Appreciate the heads up!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Here is another article about this show. I love that it isn't a competition -

http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/...Y_117_20101214
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #10  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodmasochist View Post
i posted a thread about this in the weight loss news area-not that i care that it is repeated-but we actually have some people on here who are on the show! check out the thread here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...how-heavy.html
-fm
Glad you posted this! I was going to say the same thing. I'm going to keep checking back with that thread for that reason.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote