Old 12-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #1  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Default This stinks

OK so, a bit of a whine

I KNOW that bodies do weird things, I KNOW that the scale is not always "accurate" and I KNOW that things like sodium, exercise and all sorts of other factors play into everything.

BUT that does not change the fact that I am supremely frustrated with my scale. It is barely moving these days. Granted I have not worked out in weeks,but everything else is right on target. Driving me insane it is.

I think that I am holding on to stress. Actually I KNOW I am holding on to stress. Which is probably why Sunday mornings I show a huge loss, but then come Tuesday, Wednesday...it goes right back up, so I end up with a tiny net loss for the week.

Ugh I need a new job.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

((hugs)) and a big old BOP to your scale! I've been going through the same thing for almost a month. Like you, I KNOW all the things that can make that tricksy little scale go wonky but it's still so frustrating!

Hang in there because even if that number isn't moving - your body is getting healthier every single day and eventually the scale will HAVE to cooperate!
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:27 PM   #3  
OMW to a brand new me!

Thanks. And yeah, I totally know. As we speak I am wearing a smaller bra, and pants I have never really been able to wear. (they were hand me downs) so I know that its all good. Just frustrating. LOL.

Of course being the all or nothing chick that I am, I set a 100lb goal for myself by mid Julyl (when I am getting married). So, add that stress to the stress of the crap job. yeah.

OH and today is the company "employee appreciation" party. Fully catered, three hours of food. food FOOD!

Oh well. What can we do. Just get through a day at a time sometimes and appreciate the small victories. Like pants fitting and smaller bras! (wait, is a smaller bra a good thing???)
Old 12-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I used to get SOOOOO mad at the scales, but for even dumber reasons -- like, if I went out for dinner and did NOT eat dessert, I expected to lose 20 pounds for my virtuous choice LOL ha! or "wow I've been at this for 3 days now straight!! am I DONE YET?" hahahah The all-or-nothing-mentality was my mortal enemy for 20 years til i kicked that fickle beeyatch to the curb I go by pants fitting now, and only weigh in once per month, otherwise it drives me to drink! and it's a very short drive
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Have you been reading my mind??

I have been floating around the same few pounds for weeks. I was starting to seriously believe there is something wrong with the scale. It is so frustrating and of course thats more stress to carry. And everywhere there is a Food-a-palooza!!

Quote:
(wait, is a smaller bra a good thing???)
Hahaha...hahahaha!!!

Thanks for a good laugh!!!
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #6  
OMW to a brand new me!

Yeah Food-a-palooza

Today was company employee appreciation party

I fully intended to eat a bit off plan, but mostly behave.

Uh huh.

OK. so this was the spread

Caeser Salad (YUM)
sourdough croutons already in it so they were a bit soaked with dressing (MY FAV if they had been on the side, those greasy little blobs of bread would not have tempted me in the LEAST)
"Seasonal" Veggies (although I wonder how summer squash, zucchini and carrots mean winter season veggies but ok)
So far so good. Right? Right ok.

Grilled citrus chicken (YUM and my fav)

Mashed potatoes (ew totally ok with leaving those alone because I am particular and RARELY do restaurants or caterers do mashed potatoes correctly, besides vat of cold potatoes that people have drooled on before me,....um no thanks)

Vegetarian Lasagna (and had a small piece, it was not as good as it looked)

Now for my "Danger zone"

SO many different kinds of artisan breads. OMG my italian bread loving butt, curse it! So I had a sourdough herb roll with some butter.

Then on to the Prime Rib. Just a small piece please

I was all set to forgo the dessert table. The place we were at was packed full of everyone in the company (310+ people) and we were CRAMMED into the banquet room at the country club. OK so my thought was, "if I do not get it now, I won't get it because there is NO WAY my fat a$$ is going to interrupt people and squeeze through all the chairs to come back with chocolate cake, carrot cake or cheesecake that I OBVIOUSLY do not need" Seriously that was my thought process. Self depreciating, maybe but it worked.

UNTIL

the office saboteur, who is very insecure about her own weightloss issues came back with TWO Pieces of chocolate cake, and a piece of cheese cake. One for me, one for the girl who had lapband surgery and one for herself. Yeah. Nice. So I caved damnit! I had half a piece of chocolate cake, (its GOOD I have it every year, moist chocolatey goodness, topped with dark chocolate shavings). The girl who had surgery had half of the other piece (while she was sick because she had a bite of bread and that is a no no with the surgery) and the saboteur girl had the whole cheesecake, and the other half of the chocolate cake.

now I feel sick and slightly guilty.

Now I had planned ahead for this, and I am one of those "life happens" kinda chicks. Seriously, I am not a huge beat up myself for having a bite of cake kinda girl. What gets me, is that I had fully planned on being off plan slightly, (SLIGHTLY does NOT include a herb roll or chocolate cake). So yeah, now, while the scale is not moving and I already feel crappy for not seeing progress....on top of everything else, including crappy job, affording christmas and life...

*sigh* I guess it is Phase I for the remainder of the week until Christmas......
Old 12-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #7  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

My scale is completely bonkers.

I went from 128.6 and weighed
myself a second time to make
sure and was up to 129.8.

asdfahslkdfya!
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #8  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

My scale sucks and I hate it like poison, except when I don't because it actually gives me good news.

I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised at how little the chocolate cake and the herbed roll will damage your overall results. I mean, yeah, we know we can't afford extras like cake and rolls every day or we would be posting to 3skinnychicks.com or something. But from your posts here and your dedication to your weight loss efforts, I just don't think you'll actually reverse any of that great effort so far.

Gotta love Saboteur-Girl for oh-so-thoughtfully bringing you the cake, though. I know some people like to show thoughtfulness and affection with food, but...man, I wish sometimes that they would show it with a fruit cup or something.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #9  
OMW to a brand new me!

Oh Sierra, I know bonkers scales. Mine, it likes me to weigh different things at different places in the floor, or at different intervals (like 10 seconds apart) Seriously, I can get off and on 5 times and weigh different amounts. Sadly I generally go through this little dance until I find two that match!

Nola, thanks! I do work hard at keeping myself on track, the last few weeks have been difficult to say the least LOL. And no I know that half a slice of chocolate cake and an herbed roll will not reverse everything, in fact there is a very real possibility that it will kick start things again. I have to remember that 32lbs in a little over 3 months (september 7) is nothing to sneeze at.

Oh I love my Saboteur Girl. She is a PEACH! She is the girl in the office, you know the one, that has a stockpile of snacks and food, the one who always brings in bags of candy, sweets etc. and walks around offering them to everyone, and then gets all butt hurt if you say no, or will chase you down the hall. Yeah. She is a real peach. But, even with that, I cannot fully blame her, I after all said yes and ate the chocolate cake. And truth be told, it was worth it, every single bite of it. This particular cake is GOOD
Old 12-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

I hate Saboteur Office Girl. Ughhhhh

Lioness - I think you did just fine. Half a piece of chocolate cake? How did you summon the strength not to finish it? I want to know your secret.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #11  
OMW to a brand new me!

DixC I have NO idea how I did it honestly. I think actually, that the longer I am on plan, and change the way I eat and look at food, the less likely I am to binge. At least while there are people around LOL. I have no doubt, that if that darned cake was at my house, and I was alone, I would have eaten whatever was there.

It helps a LOT that I am the youngest girl in my office, and all of them have some sort of issue with weight or health or whatever, SO. With the exception of Saboteur girl, they are all on me pretty much all the time, so its like having 5 very supportive mama's. One in particular just has to give me a look and I am 5! (but in a good way) LOL. So besides the fact that while it was good and worth every bite, and the rest of it was calling my name, it was not worth the rest of the crap that would have come with it.

Oh and the jeans I was wearing that I have never really been able to wear...were not very comfy after lunch, let alone after another bite of cake LOL. So I guess, my true motivation and strength came from....Pain. HAHAHAHA
Old 12-16-2010, 09:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazylioness View Post
Oh and the jeans I was wearing that I have never really been able to wear...were not very comfy after lunch, let alone after another bite of cake LOL. So I guess, my true motivation and strength came from....Pain. HAHAHAHA
LOL, been there, done that!! haha
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #13  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

You gotta get over the scale drama. You really do because...

Quote:
I KNOW that bodies do weird things, I KNOW that the scale is not always "accurate" and I KNOW that things like sodium, exercise and all sorts of other factors play into everything.
I have a pity party about the scale every now and then too. I'd say about one day per month I have had a mini scale melt down throughout this process. But it never lasts long because I know I am on plan, I know why the scale is wonky, and I know if I remain on plan the scale will move again. This coming from a current two month plateauer.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #14  
OMW to a brand new me!

HAHAHA yeah I totally know. Usually I am just over the scale drama, because I know all of these things. But sometimes, it is just that one last straw that causes a complete and total melt down. This was it. The last month and a half has just SUCKED. So with everything else going on the fact that I am still down what I am down, and the inches and sizes I am down, I am good. But damn.

I also know that I have noone to blame but myself. I have been absent in the workout arena for a month or so. EEK.

On a similar note...

Don't you guys love those days where you just feel great. Skinny and fit and fantastic. Maybe you have put something on in your closet that you have not been able to previously squeeze into or your hair is cooperating (I have about 20lbs of afro curly fantasticness on my head) or whatever, and then you decide to snap a pic, because OBVIOUSLY you look so fierce.

And then...the picture is NOT at all what you look like in the mirror or more importantly what you feel like at all! LOL.

YAY for digital and the delete button!

Just gonna spend the day feeling FIERCE and yeah. (I cannot say it is going to be a good one, because every time I do, someone gets in a car accident LOL)
Old 12-16-2010, 10:10 AM   #15  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazylioness View Post

Don't you guys love those days where you just feel great. Skinny and fit and fantastic. Maybe you have put something on in your closet that you have not been able to previously squeeze into or your hair is cooperating (I have about 20lbs of afro curly fantasticness on my head) or whatever, and then you decide to snap a pic, because OBVIOUSLY you look so fierce.

And then...the picture is NOT at all what you look like in the mirror or more importantly what you feel like at all! LOL.
Yep. In fact, every day I lived from 175 pounds up to 235 pounds was like that. I felt much thinner than I was, always! I got dressed, sucked it all in (dizzy), stood before the mirror and thought, yep, looking good. Then I'd get the picture and 100% of the time was shocked. We're talking jaw-dropping shocked! You mean I'm fat?

I have this weird mental image of myself where I close my eyes and see myself or just feel myself without looking. When you're just you looking out at the world you have a sense of what you look like, right? That "me" weighs 175 pounds. I discovered that as I lost weight because the moment the scale read 175 I suddenly matched. The pictures matched my view of myself. No more surprises.

Now, I am under 175 and I am still shocked by pictures! But now it's the other way around. I'm shocked to see someone so small.

Weight loss is so mental.

I hope you can celebrate all your victories on the way down, including your beautiful curls! You're just entering the "sweet spot", I think. Soon your joints are going to start thanking you and everything in life is about to get a whole lot easier and you'll be so busy noticing how sweet it is to just be able to move that you won't have as much time to spend staring at the scale. The rewards of significant amounts of weight lost come way, way before goal.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote