South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 04:34 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Merry Monday Musings

An early good morning to us all. I had very low blood sugar this morning which woke me up at three. The dogs were glad to see me (and early breakfast) but are back in bed now. I may join them.

It's too dark to see much outside but it hasn't started to snow yet. We sure did get a lot of freezing rain yesterday so I may have to salt for ice later. Snow on top of ice means it'll be there all winter. It sure is pretty though. The temperature will stay just at freezing this morning so I'll finish the outside lights before it starts to plummet around noon.

So what's happening in your space this morning?
Old 12-13-2010, 05:23 AM   #2  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Good morning from the UK. We have no snow here at the moment so it is quite warm and easy to travel.

I hope that you get a good night sleep, it happened to me few times last week when i woke up in the middle of the night because i was hungry. I think my body was adjusting to the low carb/high protein.

I have some resistance towards carrying on but I know that if I get over it, it will get better. I can now eat eggs and diary again, which is great! I made myself some stirfry egg and ricotta in water, added some squash, cinnamon, cashew nuts and yoghurt after it was ready and had a yummy breakfast. Will probably have the same tomorrow. I am positive that I can stay on plan today. Wishing you all a great day!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! I'm trying to figure out how you woke up with low blood sugar...and monitor? Sure glad you did though! I haven't looked outside either....I know there's not snow, but I'm sure it's slick as ______!!!

I'm off to go on the treadmill. I sure hate this point, but I'll feel better about it in an hour! I've learned, esp. in the winter, if I don't get up early and exercise, that most of the time I won't get it done.

Have a great day!

Hope - we simulposted...have a great day!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 12-13-2010 at 05:25 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:31 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Twynn, my body tells me there's something wrong and I've learned to listen. She's always right when I check.

Hope, I'm sure glad you don't have snow. I've been over there when snow hits and it isn't pretty.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:01 AM   #5  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Ruth: The snow started, and ended, here yesterday. I expect it'll be okay for my drive into work once I get out of my neighborhood.

Hope: I found things got so much easier after entering phase 1.5-2. Hope you continue to find innovative ways to stay on plan!

Twynn: We're considering a treadmill for our dining room, but it's so hard to find one I think would hold up to our excessive frames. Heh.

I'm not headed to Ireland, and in fact my dad is in the hospital (12 hours away in his hometown). Here's hoping it's a brief stay.

May we all remember the blessings we have, and find the strength within to make it through another day upbeat and on plan!

Last edited by annieoh; 12-13-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I hope your BGL is back where it belongs by now, Ruth. I bet the dogs were just delighted to have you up so early, though. Make sure you put your yak-traks on before going out to hang those lights this morning, and be careful!

Hope, your breakfast concoction sounds interesting and filling. What kind of squash did you use in it? Enjoy your mild weather and have a great day!

Twynn, I'm glad we're further east and missed the ice. Be careful out there! You are so good about getting on your treadmill in the morning. I still haven't broken out my new Wii workout, but I may have time this evening to try it out.

It's supposed to get brutally cold here the next few days, but the wind is whisking off the last remains of the rain so I won't have to worry about ice. I have some cookie dough that I want to form into cookies and pop them in the freezer so I'll have to do is pull them out and bake them on Friday. We decided to have this cookie exchange to make it easier on all of us to get our baking done, but having to make 8 dozen each of 3 different kinds of cookies sure doesn't seem less laborous to me. Oh, well, I am looking forward to the exchange on Saturday, I know it will be a fun gathering, and I'm especially looking forward to a nice soak in my SIL's hot tub while I'm there.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Annie. I'm sorry that your Dad is in the hospital and I hope he's doing well enough to make it a short stay. That's a shame your trip to Ireland had to be canceled. Hopefully you can reschedule at a later date?
Old 12-13-2010, 06:16 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Our snow is all gone. And it's crazy warm for December in Maine - 51 degrees right now. This is some unusual storm. It's still raining really hard but is supposed to clear up this morning.

Ruth, good work listening to your body. I hope you'll have time to get a quick nap in today.

Cyndi, I was glad to see that you arrived safely and that you get a day off today! Happy birding!

Good morning Hope, have a great, on plan day.

Hey Twynn. Be careful on those slippery roads.

Oh Annie, I'm sorry to read about your Dad and the trip. I'll be praying that his hospital stay is brief and that he'll be home and feeling great over Christmas.

Good morning Linda, that's a lot of baking! I hope you've got plenty of SF gum on hand!

Hello to those who haven't checked in yet - have a great day friends.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Ruth - Are you a white light person or into the multi-colored ones?

Hope - Love the positive attitude!

Twynn - Oh, I always like exercise when it is over too.

Annie - I hope your dad is better soon; bummer about the trip.

Linda - I haven't been to a cookie exchange in years. Probably a good thing since I'd likely gobble them down!

Heidi - Sounds like an outdoor recess day.

I see the doctor today for what is in theory my annual physical. But since my insurance won't cover them once a year, we are calling it something else. The bad part is that when I saw her last week for the belly ache, my blood pressure was high and she wants to check that today. I soooo do not need another negative medical diagnosis to go on my record. I've been practicing deep breathing all week at home to try to lower it. Sigh. I refuse to have high blood pressure!!

Have a great Monday everyone.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:54 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

I'm a white light person, Waisting, mainly because I was always fussing with the coloured lights, trying to get it so no two of the same colour were in a row.

By the way, I lower my BP by thinking very hard of petting my dogs - it works! I proved it to my doctor one time. Give it a try.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:23 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Well I tried and tried to sleep on NM time but I was awake at 5:15 Vermont time I sure hope they have good coffee here!

Ruth - Glad your body lets you know what's up. Are the dogs sleeping soundly again?

hope & Twynn

Annie - sorry to hear about your Dad and the trip. I hope it's a quick visit for Dad and you are able to plan another trip soon

Cottage - There is snow everywhere! My poor Mom lives right in the path of the Ontario lake effect this year. I;ll take pics when we are there for the holidays.

Heidi - Looks like the warm temps are a very short lull before the snow. You've got me thinking about hooping now. That might be my next fitness purchase

Karen - some tricks I learned from my nurse practitioner - make them take your BP after you've been there awhile, never over a sleeve, and sometimes sitting in a chair with a back and your feet on the floor really helps. All those drop my numbers from the initial walk in the door number. good luck

Well today is my found day. We were supposed to meet and train at 9 then I was heading 2 hours north to work a few hours before dinner. Everyone else got caught in the storm though so we are meeting at 1 and then just drive to the next location. I'm heading out early and birding and sight seeing before the meeting. My body is on east coast time so being up early works for me.

See you all from the next town (don't know yet if it will be las vegas, nm or taos).
Old 12-13-2010, 08:39 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I overslept and need to get Rudi going if we're going to get to the pool on time. This week I have to plan everything out so we can ultimately get over the hill to our other house on Friday. Our family boxes need to get in the mail Saturday morning and we have our little road trip inbetween.

Annie, I hope your dad gets to feeling better very soon, and I'm sorry to hear your trip has been cancelled.

Ruth, I hope you're feeling better by now!

Everyone else Take care today!
Old 12-13-2010, 09:26 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

I'm back after about two weeks of absence due to work issues and too tired at night to check in.

Hope everyone is hanging in there.

Ruth glad to hear that you know when to listen to your body.

We had snow and blistering wind the high today is only 18. Yikes

Have a great day everyone
Old 12-13-2010, 09:30 AM   #14  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning,

Ruth - careful with the icy conditions. We have had no snow here and DH was so disappointed, he wants to have a nice old fashion storm.

Hope - back with a good attitude

Twynn - you are obviously a morning person.

Annie - sorry to hear about your dad, hope he goes home soon.

Cottage - a soak in a hot tub sounds good this time of year.

Heidi - 51 in Maine, n snowshoeing yet.

Karen - a physical, that is fun.

Cyndi - glad to you made it to your destination, can't wait to hear about your meetup with Debbie.

Debbie - I'm sure you will get everything done today.

me - boy was I feeling sluggish yesterday, too much wine on Saturday and nibbles. Hope I can get my act back together today. Should be fun, we are waiting for the cable guy to come today. Bet he will come at 6p.m.
take care
Sophie
Old 12-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies! COLD. Is it June yet???? The new car handles ok in the snow, thankfully (with the help of 100 lbs of sand sitting on the rear wheel wells.) I am not a fan of this weather at all. Voodoo, however, is in heaven. I posted 2 pics, one of her first reaction to the snow, and one of what she looked like after playing in it.

Still holding steady at 131, hoping to lose another pound this week. Slowly being able to fit back into clothes that I've missed. Still have quite a ways to go though!

Gotta get back to work. Hope everyone's having a wonderful day! Keep warm!

Lisa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VooFirstSnow.jpg (19.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg VooAfterSnow.jpg (27.5 KB, 6 views)
Closed Thread