Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 04:11 PM   #1  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Weighty Issues #2

Welcome to the Weighty Issues thread! We are a group of women who are trying to get through every day life with the help of each other. No topics are off limits, we discuss everything. If it wasn't for these girls I probably wouldn't be here trying to get healthy.
Old 04-02-2003, 04:16 PM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Wow, I didn't realise how long the old thread had gotten.

Noelle, You are so pretty. I love your new avatar.

I just got in a 1 1/2 mile walk so I feel a little better. Tomorrow is a new day and I didn't gain back all 50 pounds in a couple of days. I wouldn't know what to eat differently. I eat Honey Bunches of Oats in the morning because it is the only cereal I like and At Subway I eat either a ham sandwich or a BBQ chicken sandwich. Suppers are always different. I do need to buy some fruit but I only like watermelon and strawberries. I am a picky girl(unless it is junk food)
Old 04-02-2003, 05:44 PM   #3  

Noelle, you are such a pretty girl....sorry to hear your having dh issues today too. I think between this thread and another that I post on the final concensus is that men just don't get it!!! My dh is not home from work yet, I'm sure he is planning it this way, he has a meeting at 7 so he will probably pop in and out and not get home till 9 tonight.....

DH and I hardly ever fight so this really is upsetting me. I will see how he is when he does get home. Maybe I hurt his feelings, but my feelings got hurt in public. And I can't see how I hurt him, other than maybe he thought I was insinuating something was going on with him and the friend (I was not) I was stating what living in a small town of people would start for a rumor....oh, you gotta love small town mentallity.

Catch ya girls in a while,
Sandy
Old 04-02-2003, 07:16 PM   #4  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Angry Reconciliation day?

Hey ladies, thanks for the compliments. That avatar pic was taken on Saturday 3/29/03 before we left for the carnival. Later that night was spent scarfing down 3 malassadas (haha) . Then the horrific Sunday BBQ carnivore gala. Anyway, it's Wednesday hump day and I'm hanging on track by the tips of my fingernails. Not looking forward to Saturday's weigh-in but hey we all gotta face the music right?

I know I kept talking about how difficult it was to find a "before" pic. I did find a few but now I'm having trouble w/my scanner and photo editor. I'm gonna try to attach the file here. If you can see the pic, it was taken during Dec 01 or Jan 02 while we were in Las Vegas for the New Year. Not a bad pic overall but I hate how 'full' I look. I didn't see that of myself when I looked in the mirror. Pictures don't lie. But I'm pretty happy with my progress to date and will continue on this journey as long as it takes to get to my final destination, Babeville . (That was the name of a prior thread I used to post on hi girls, if any of you are lurking) .
Old 04-02-2003, 07:21 PM   #5  
so close, yet so far...

ok well, I can't get it to resize correctly. Once i get it to the acceptable pixel size the pic is sooo tiny. Let me work on it for a little, I'll be back in a bit. Sorry!
Old 04-02-2003, 07:39 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

Talking I think I got it!

trying again...here I am in all my glory. This is an acceptable picture of myself...I have some really yucky ones that I can't bring myself to post just yet. I'll save those for later. OK, this is about when I was at my highest weight, I'm thinking 215 (which probably meant 220 (what I weighed when I delivered my son) since I refused to step on the scale if it went any higher . I'm working my way down to a more healthy weight for my shorty-short height of 5' 3" . See me trying to hide behind my purse and jacket?

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 04-02-2003 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:10 PM   #7  

WOW, Noelle, your pics sure do show a big difference. Your face really shows it. Keep up the awesome work girl......
Old 04-03-2003, 01:25 AM   #8  
so close, yet so far...

Hey Angie, have you ever thought about having soup for lunch or dinner? I just had Progresso beef and baked potato soup--the entire 18.5 oz can for 260 cals, 5 g. fat. The sodium was kinda high @ 1030 mg but it was A LOT of soup and very tasty. I probably could've done with just one cup of soup (the recommended serving) but I just HAD to bring my calories up to 1200 for the day . Yup, i'm finding canned soups are a good diet food--that and Del Monte green beans . Just a suggestion. Don't know what I'd change for breakfast since mine's usually in liquid form . That's my 2cents for the night. C-ya tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:18 AM   #9  

Noelle that is such a change. You are doing so good.

Not much to report on today so far. It is really just getting started here. I will pop back in later though to see what is going on.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:44 AM   #10  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

WooHoo Noelle!!!! You have made a huge difference. You were still pretty though! Your face in your new avatar looks so thin. You are one hot Momma!!!!!

Kempy, Your deck is beautiful! I am so jealous!!! Joe was wearing shorts!!! No fair! It is supposed to get crappy and snowy up here again! Can't spring just come and stay? I found the most beautiful patio set at KMart yesterday. It has etched glass on the table like leaves. The chairs are iron with gold colored seats and they have a sofa and coffee table that matches. All for only $900.00 I want it!! I need to redo my whole set this year because the cats sleep in them all summer so they are pretty hairy and dirty looking. I am going to try to bleach it and see if that helps.

I am in a totally different frame of mind today. I ate so much food that I am READY to diet again! I told Jay that I think I ate as much food last night as I did the night before I started my diet and lost 135 pounds!! When I started that diet I never planned it it just happened because I got so full one night and it clicked in my brain . What the **** am I doing to myself? So I lost it all. I am ready again. I just wished I could be happy with moderation but I don't think that is in the cards. I still feel cheated if I have to drag myself away from something good so It doesn't satisfy me. Does that make any sense?

I got in 2 1/2 miles so far today and I will do another 1 1/2 tonight maybe I'll even jump on the elliptical later to jumpstart the loss!!
Old 04-03-2003, 10:56 AM   #11  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Noelle where was that picture taken? It is so pretty. They advertised a special on the news for roundtrip airfare and a 7 day hotel stay in Honolulu for $849 per person. I told Jay if I had that much on my credit card we would have to do it. The plane leaves right from Bangor. My MIL always drives to Mass. to catch her plane on trips and I thought that was so stupid when we have an airport an hour from our house. I would gladly pay the extra money to fly out of Bangor rather than travel for 8 hours by bus to catch a plane. DUH. I love my in laws.

Funny story. I have been setting up my camcorder when I go for a walk because one of the dogs has figured out how to get into my couch console. Day one: we get home and the console is opened but the camcorder ran out of tape before the dogs got into it. SHOOT!

Day 2: We don't set it up because the kids are here. I figured they would keep an eye on them. HA HA Candi got into the consaole and ate a whole jar of Vaseline(a big jar) made an even bigger mess coming out. YUCK!!

Day 3. Kids are home. We get home and Candi has eaten a ceramic candle holder and the candle. Little PIG!

Today: We get home and the console hasn't been touched but we can see parts of Candi eating my books off the bottom shelf. My floor is covered with torn up books and they are all looking at me so proud of what they have done.

TONIGHT: Candi gets gated into the kitchen.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:07 PM   #12  

Angie that is so funny. I have heard of people having to do that to catch their dogs. Do you think they have seperation anxiety?

I sent the before pic of the deck so you could see how green everything is. Can you make it out? Yeah, it is pretty nice to be able to wear shorts again. Before to long though even that will be to hot.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:18 PM   #13  
so close, yet so far...

Thumbs down Good Morning chickies

Angie, Candi's body must think that the dog food is sorely lacking in nutrition since she feels the need to eat so much petroleum jelly and parrafin . Reminds me of that pregnancy symptom "pica" where some have a compulsion to eat weird things like dirt since their bodies need iron or something. What a naughty dog . She's not pregnant is she??? Imagine that, a whole brood of Cappie/Candi clones--how cute. That pic was taken in Las Vegas at the Bellagio Hotel fountains, you know the one on the movie Ocean's Eleven? I'm standing on the sidewalk on the side of the fountain though, not the front like where they were standing. If you haven't seen that movie yet, I recommend it if only to see all the lovely sights of LV (including George Clooney and Brad Pitt )

Kempy that deck is beautiful. It didn't take long at all did it? I'd have one too but I need to buy the house first (haha). Our backyard is mostly dirt since all the grass died. Once the permanent BBQ is finished then we're bringing in topsoil and replanting. I'm starting to like working in the dirt outside...mostly just digging though (makes me feel like a kid again), my mom does the planting, then I do the eating...oh, that goes without saying huh?

We're having a nice beautiful sunny day today. I'm wearing shorts to work since it's been getting pretty hot. I even drove my car to the car wash this morning--which means it'll probably rain this weekend. Oh yeah, I hit Wal-Mart after the car wash and got a cool pair of reversible board shorts for under $12. They're solid black w/a fuschia waistband on one side and a funky orange/red/yellow blend w/a beach scene on the other. I'm actually looking forward to hitting the beach this weekend--who would've thunk it?

Sandy how'd it go with the hubby last night? Kiss and make up? I hate it when Rick and I fight but it's a normal part of marriage I guess. We just have to learn how to do it correctly--and men have to learn that their wives are always right!

OK I think I better close this chapter on my novel...I'll check back w/ya gals later. I invited a gal over from the buddy thread, hope she shows up sometime.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:19 PM   #14  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I don't know. They never have been left alone until I started to walk around the block. Candi has turned into such a little hellion since we got Cappie. I think he taught her how to be a dog.

I can't wait until everything turns green up here. I love it when my yard is closed off by the leaves and shrubs. During the summer it feels like I don't even live in town because all the leaves block the neighbors. I need to build rails around the pool on the deck now or I am sure Cappie would be in the pool all summer. I hate to do that because I like having half of the pool open But....Cappie is a bossy boy.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:21 PM   #15  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

All the dogs are fixed. Thank god. I would go crazy with any more Keeshond's. They are hyper little buggers.
Closed Thread