Old 12-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #1  

Default I'm scared

I know WWs knows what they are doing but I am so afraid I will gain weight with 52 points.

Last edited by TexNurse; 12-12-2010 at 01:51 PM.
TexNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I think it would be best if you discussed all of these issues with a counselor at the center. I can understand your fear, only time will tell if the new program will work. I wish you the best.
Sherral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

You could be eating things like higher fat dairy, more oils, avocados, eggs.

You are a nurse, do you actually think eating this: "microwave sausage patty, a double quarter pounder with cheese and large fries and then later I think some pizza" is healthy and will get you to your goals?

Do you have the "getting stated book"? That has tips and sample meals that will help you make healthier choices.

Don't blame WW for your own bad choices of foods. There are plenty of higher point foods that are not junk.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:33 AM   #4  

Also, where are the good health guidelines?? Where are the 7 fruits and veggies? Where is the dairy? Where are your healthy oils.

Start your day by planning your meals, building off of the GHGs, adding in hearty whole grains, drizzling on some healthy oils, snacking on full fat yogurt or milk.

Breakfast could be oatmeal made with milk and peanut butter: 10 points right there.

Lunch: a cup of brown rice, some oils, stirfried veggies, 5 oz chicken: depending on how much oil you used you could be at 15 points right there.

Snack: full fat yogurt and some berries. Or carrots with almond butter. A tomato and avocado salad.

Dinner: Whole wheat pasta with veggies and shrimp or something. Use some more oil in the cooking. Have a potato with sour cream.

You could very easily reach 50 points in a day eating extremely healthy foods.

As your points decrease you could just cut out extra oils, decrease serving sizes of some of the higher point carbs, and cut back to lower fat dairy.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #5  

I'm just saying I think the daily points allowance is too high and allows for much larger portions than we need to get the points.

Last edited by TexNurse; 12-12-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #6  

I don't blame WWs for anything. I blame myself for my own poor food choices.

Last edited by TexNurse; 12-12-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #7  

I guess I'm confused. I thought you ate all that bad food yesterday and were somehow trying to justify it because WW made you eat more points.

But you don't just get a points allowance, you also get good health guidelines and sample menus. If you are meeting your good health guidelines, you can't fit all that junk into your diet. I can't say "I drank 6 beers today just like my WW points allowed me to therefore weight watchers is bed." Because I wouldn't actually be following WW since I didn't meet any of the GHG.

Don't worry about what other people "might" do on the plan with higher points or theorize about all the bad food you could fit into your points, just work on your own plan. You have plenty to work on to make the changes you need to to get to your goal.

So, what's your meal plan for today look like?

Last edited by seagirl; 12-12-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

I dont think I would want much less then 29 points. It makes me keep the quantities under control. WW always stresses fibres, like in pasta and bread. With 51 points, just increase the quanity, doesnt take long to bring up pasta and meat sauce to 15 with a salad with a few creutons some cheese on it. Not sure a quarter pounter is healthy for breakfast, lol try whole wheat pancakes with turkey bacon and some fruit. There are lots of ideas on the WW site. If they lower the points to much your body would be in starvation mode, and you wouldnt feel good, maybe dizzy, low sugar etc. So much food is needed to maintain a body, different weights need dif amount of calories to keep things working healthy. I am online and on my points tracker are spots to check to make sure we get in the right amount of fruit, veggies, etc.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #9  

I apologize for posting.

Last edited by TexNurse; 12-12-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #10  

Ok, good luck with your plan!
Old 12-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #11  

Thanks to everyone for being so kind and helpful.

Last edited by TexNurse; 12-12-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #12  

Height: 5'9

Hi Texnurse! i FULLY understand everything that you are saying! I am in the same boat.On lowcarb diets I ALWAYs lost at least 4-5 lbs per week but it was hard for me to stick with it for long periods of time.I went back to WW because they FINALLY are starting to understand what MY body has told me for years...that most carbs make people fat not meat or fat.Anyways,my daily points are 45.I HAVE been sticking to the guidelines and I STILL fall short on reaching those daily points without eating a bunch of bad carbs...so I GET what you are saying.Yesterday meals.....

B-Banana,1 cup cheerios,1 cup milk,1 boiled egg..6 points +

L-4 oz chicken,lettuce,tomatoes,olive oil,peppers,1 oz cheese,cucumbers and 1 tangerine = 8 P+

Snacks...Turkey meat,cucumbers,celery...3 P+

D-WW yogurt,5 oz Tilapia,1 light beer,spaghetti squash w butter= 11 p+

There goes 28 p+ ...soooo HOW can I get to 45? Unless I added LOTS more meat OR Junky CARBS...BTW....I ONLY lost .2 lbs when I'm used to losing fast on Atkins......I'm planning on making WW more Atkins friendly and adapting it for MY needs...I would just stop going but my meeting are free and I like the support.

BTW,I usually add more snack in the evening to get to at least 35 PP..I add popcorn,deli meat,yogurt or some combo of those things.....
cuteazz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #13  

Thank you cuteazz1 for understanding and getting was I was trying to say.

Last edited by TexNurse; 12-12-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #14  

Height: 5'9

No problem.I think that some of us are just more insulin resistant than others and no matter how much you try to explain certain things to people they just wont get it.Our different experiences with weight loss shape our views of others whether we want to believe that or not...even I had different thought before I was in this situation.When I worked in the nursing home I was active answering lights and I went to the gym DAILY for an hour-at that time I could lose on WW because my body was burning all of my carbs via exercise instead of storing them.Now,I work from home and I'm not very active so WW will not be as effective.I have started up exercise daily,but I know that i'll still never lose as fast as when I'm low carb.

To answer your original questions....I would add in healthy fats to increase the points or eat the full fat salad dressing.

I also heard that you can eat the minimum of 29 pp on the days when your appetite is not there for ur full points.good luck hun!

Last edited by cuteazz1; 12-13-2010 at 04:35 PM.
cuteazz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #15  

I agree! I metabolism is really low or non-existant. I have two very bad knees but still am working and try to walk when I can, even though doc said stay off of them! I did buy some thermogenic herbal tea (lemon) and hopefully that will help speed it up a little. Thanks for your reply.