Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #1  

Default Refugee from the new WW Program

Hi everyone,

I am already a new refugee from the new WW program. I spent a lot of money in high hopes, but I'm afraid it's just not for me. I just cancelled my 40 buck a month on-line subscription. The only way you can figure your points is by using a special calculator/or having a computer program with you constantly. Not for me.

I did learn some good reinforcements, that I already knew, like having free fruits and vegetables (that's one of the "new" features of their plan). But I already knew that from reading the Mayo Clinic Diet book last year! Mayo Clinic recommends free fruits and low starch vegetables, no matter what plan you're following.

I'm going back to counting calorie points, which is an easier method than their now-convoluted point system.

I'll take what I learned, but no way can I be on their program long-term. I wasted money, but I learned a valuable lesson about how anxious I am to get this weight off!

I'm so glad to be here, on a forum that is FREE and full of information.

I'll probably start going to TOPS this year, a nice low cost alternative to WW.
I'll see if there's a TOPS forum here.

So nice to meet you all!
coffeebrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have done WW in the past and other programs, that have a fee. They work but I had a flash of insight one day and realized counting calories is FREE ! I decided I would never again pay somone to tell me what I should eat.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #3  

hi all, Dolly from louisiana here. I have all my ww materials just by asking questions online. i hope i can be of help.
dollieanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #4  

The Mayo Diet is extremely similar to the new Weight Watchers system. It's basically calorie counting with free fruits and veg instead of
WW points and free fruits and veg.

It is not a diet per se, Mayo Clinic just tells you how to eat to lose weight.

I do find it interesting that you post stalked me on the WW board to see my history, what little there is of it. I should have so much free time! Kind of scary tough.

Have a great day everyone; I look forward to the forums here!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #5  

bargoo, you said it exactly! Why pay someone to tell you how to eat? With a little education we can all figure it out ourselves!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebrain View Post
The Mayo Diet is extremely similar to the new Weight Watchers system. It's basically calorie counting with free fruits and veg instead of
WW points and free fruits and veg.

It is not a diet per se, Mayo Clinic just tells you how to eat to lose weight.

I do find it interesting that you post stalked me on the WW board to see my history, what little there is of it. I should have so much free time! Kind of scary tough.

Have a great day everyone; I look forward to the forums here!
I was actually just reading over there and then saw your post here, since you posted them at around the same time.

Anyway, good luck with your program!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 176/175/145

Height: 5'1"

I have found that there is enough info on the web to do WW for free. I bought a book online and a point calculator (in total spent about $20) and everything else I can google to get what I need. I used to count calories but I really like this better. This is my second time doing WW. But like anything else, it is a to each their own.
mommaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #8  

Hi Momma, good for you!

I am doing something called calorie points, which I did many years ago, but also read about on some posts here a while back, when I was lurking. It's amazing the info you can get from weight loss forums.

It's a point counting system, but not like WW. It's just a simple conversion of calories to points. It's easy.

I think the most important thing is we all have to find our own way, no matter what that is!
Old 12-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #9  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:28 PM   #10  

Michelle, I went into your link and viewed your pics.

You are amazing. A - M - A - Z - I - N -G.

What an accomplishment.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I'll probably start going to TOPS this year, a nice low cost alternative to WW... I'll see if there's a TOPS forum here...
There's not a formal TOPS forum, but threads pop of frequently (just use TOPS as your search word).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 176/175/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Hi Momma, good for you!

I am doing something called calorie points, which I did many years ago, but also read about on some posts here a while back, when I was lurking. It's amazing the info you can get from weight loss forums.

It's a point counting system, but not like WW. It's just a simple conversion of calories to points. It's easy.

I think the most important thing is we all have to find our own way, no matter what that is!
I'll have to look into that I've tried so many things in the past and when I lost the most before this was how I did it and the easiest to maintain for me. I think you are so right, everyone has to find what works best for them.
mommaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:14 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I know I could never do WW because I have so many "trigger" foods. I can't eat just 20 MMs for 1 point. I need 500 MM and then a pint of chocolate ice cream. I have to eliminate chocolate all together b/c I seriously act like an alcoholic with a binge when I eat it. Same for pasta. Can't have one serving... need the whole dang bag. Pasta is thus eliminated from my diet until I meet my goal weight.

The thing with loosing weight is that we all have our own issues and strengths and weaknesses and we each need to figure out what works for us. That is wht I like to share what works for me but would never criticize what someone else does.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #14  

Thank you Kaplods.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #15  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Michelle, I went into your link and viewed your pics.

You are amazing. A - M - A - Z - I - N -G.

What an accomplishment.

Thank you so very much
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote