South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 06:47 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wintery Weekend Beach Chatter

Coffee is on....I'll grab a cup and be right back!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:50 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Warblings & Wobblings

Good morning. The warbles are because I have carols playing and the wobbles are because I sat on my office chair and it scooted away. Landing on your butt before coffee is a quick wake-up.

We are getting more snow this weekend but the temps are going up above freezing. In this area that means freezing rain, alas! Today looks like a good day to finally get those darned outside lights up so I can quit griping about them. Some jobs take much less time to do than to think about.

Another night of slavery at the Mill and Museum is on the schedule. I'm hoping to just work a half shift. Five hours straight is way too long in the cold. The Museum is heated but gets pretty cold anyhow with folks coming in and out. The Mill is an icebox but I need not work there tonight. The Church supper tonight is chicken stew with dumplings, not hard to resist as memory of my mother's leaden dumplings is still fresh in my mind. I think I can still feel a dumpling from 1959 in my stomach!

The furry dictators are needing a cuddle so I'm going to sit and admire the bling tree with them ... a good way to start the weekend!

Come and chat.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:52 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Debbie, we can sip together and pet the Doggage!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning! I have a few extra minutes, and there's only 3 posts so far!!

Debbie - good morning! I saw the pics (again) of the pool yesterday. That is AMAZING!!

Ruth - we're supposed to have a "flash freeze" (as I'm told) tomorrow, I expect it will be pretty wicked. Hope your bum is okay!

I have the mutt next to me on the couch (shhhh...don't tell DH) relaxing for a few minutes before getting ready for work. I'm pretty proud how I did this week, even going out yesterday with the DH I ordered a burger without bun and a side salad. No grains this week!! Helps with the boxes and boxes of candy and popcorn clients have dropped off...has not even been a temptation. I need to do this once in a while when I start eating things I haven't had (you know what I mean!).

Have a great day! Keep warm!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:58 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

A quick good morning on my way to the shower. It's a work day for me then home to pack for NM. I am resisting the urge to panic because I have done no prep for this trip. BY now I usually have maps, links to restaurants, etc. All I know is that 5/6 nights I'll be in a hotel with a fitness room and laundry facilities, both helpful. That and some helpful hints form Debbie

Debbie - I just made more coffee for the road. The second pot is dark chocolate. I think I'm hooked

Ruth - We always joked about my mother's desert chicken. We could combine that with your mom's dumplings for the perfect weight loss meal.
Happy light hanging.

I'll pop in tonight while I'm running around throwing things into suitcases. Hope your Saturday is just right.

ETA good morning Twynn and mutt

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-11-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:59 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Yes, Ruth! Coffee and pups! Good Morning

My family is actually still sleeping...I would have expected that Bing would have followed me out. I made a little mess with the coffeemaker which left me on a dash out, but it was much better than falling on one's butt! I think the Mill sounds way too cold. Speaking of, I think I'll go find a sweater!

Twynn, lol at Reese on the couch! Bing seems to be in charge of our couch now. Great food this week, chickie! It sure does help ward off temptation. I always bring my vet raspberry jam.

Cyndi, have a great day today! I think your clothes needs will be very much like home. All your visits are up in altitude, usually sunny and cool.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 12-11-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quickie good morning from me, as I spent too much looking at the instructions for making your own hula hoop. Thanks, Heidi, for the suggestion and for the other link, too! I would have ended up with a children's one, if not for the head's up!

BBL!
Old 12-11-2010, 07:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Thanks, Heidi, for the suggestion and for the other link, too! I would have ended up with a children's one, if not for the head's up!
Thanks from me too! I sent the links to my DH. I did see that Amazon has lots of options.

This is my weekend for nagging my teen. To finally finish the college apps (yes, still not done) because the end of next week is the start of finals and house-guests. I will be doing serious cleaning and food planning this week.

Have a great weekend all.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:56 AM   #9  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Hello to everybody today! I managed to go swimming this morning and willing to commit to some form of exercise over the coming months. I felt a bit down about my food because I have eaten too much eggs, diary and chicken and now i just cannot eat it any more. BUT I did go shopping and did buy new things like leeks, cabbage, sausages and i had a cabbage soup with smoked gammon for lunch, cooked some mushrooms in garlic, did not buy any sauces but bought salads and avocado instead. My motivation is slowly going up! I don't want to be horrible to my body like I did before, I want to do good things, give good food, restore my weight to a healthy, sane state at the pace that my body chooses, quick fix does not work. Wishing a successful weekend to everybody! I might have naughty food at some point this weekend but I am already allowing myself to do it and not beating myself up as I am aiming towards a lifestyle and long term loss/maintenance.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, the coffee is soooo good today. I got up early and got my walk in, even thought my friend bailed on me, even though it's really cold, even though nobody's shoveled the sidewalks yet. Go me!
Plans for today: marketing this morning while the kids work at the barn, get a Christmas tree, then work on that damned proposal.

Ruth, what is it about cold climes and dumplings? My dad is from Minn, and his mom's claim to fame was her chicken and dumplings. They were good but boy did they put you on the sofa! Down here they make it but the dumplings are more like noodles.
Hiya Debbie! Please tell me more about the dark chocolate coffee.
Good job Twynn! we got a big package from DH's aunt in the mail yesterday. Every year she sends us a BIG box of Belgian chocolates, among other things. I stuck the pkg in the back of the closet and am trying to not think about it.
cyndi, have a great trip. You may find you love traveling on the fly! (I understand because I am a planner too).
Hi Linda, so we are all hula hooping now? Bad news for me, I've never been able to keep one up.
Hello hope! Definitely experiment as letting things get boring is the kiss of death for staying on plan (at least for me).
Hi Karen, I dread going through that whole college app thing again, but at least I have a couple of years to go. Hopefully I will have DD1 OUT of school by then.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 12-11-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #11  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

morning, girls. quickie fly-by for me as i'm running out the door to the gym - hoping I don't get fussed at by my trainer for skipping her class this morning but truth be told, i don't like the way she leads group classes.

hope everyone has a great day! a bit of baking and cleaning on my schedule for today
Old 12-11-2010, 09:21 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Zeff, maybe someday you will be the trainer...I would love to teach water yoga...someday....Have fun baking and cleaning!

Diane(Schmoodle), the coffee is Cyndi's, but maybe she mentioned it to me because she's bringing some to NM. Great job getting out for your walk when your buddy bailed again! Sorry you've got to work this weekend.

hope for recovery, thanks for checking in. I will eat the same thing for a long time and be happy, but as soon as I get bored I do some switching. This is a lifestyle change for me, too.

Karen, sorry you have to endure yet another weekend with the college apps. May it be as stress-free as possible.

Linda,

TallandThin, I didn't get back yesterday to answer your question about Rudi. Yes, he is my old dog, rescued and now retired from pet therapy. He came to us with a brain injury and has always been slow, but after a terrible fall this summer it is becoming increasingly difficult for him...You can see his pic if you click on my Beacher Bio below. He's the beautiful guy in the middle. Bing is our Cocker rescue(also a therapy dog now), who my DH calls the "spasmodic peanut". He is a nut case. We got him as a companion for Rudi last fall when my beautiful "Lexxiss" passed on with bone cancer.
*sorry* so long....I've also been asked recently why my User ID is Lexxiss....don't think I'll ever change that.

Ok, I gotta get going...think we're headed to the pool after a pancake breakfast at the church. I'm thinking I don't really want to eat pancakes...maybe I'll take a super great coffee with me.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:15 AM   #13  
Be happy.

Good morning!

I went to the city last night and finished up the last of my Christmas shopping! (Actually, I thought I'd finished LAST weekend, but we saw some nice deals in the sale fliers this week, so....) There were some wonderful deals if you were willing to stay up late and wait for them. I got home just after 1 a.m. but stayed up an hour or so longer to wrap them and get them out of the way.

I slept in this morning and then hit the treadmill so now I'm rushing. I couldn't head out the door without checking in to see what you chicks are doing today. LOL Have a great Saturday friends!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #14  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Lexxiss, I think I might be the same as well, I have eaten an unbelievable amount of eggs and yogurt recently and I did not have a problem with that until today, I just cannot look at them so I did some experimenting in the kitchen and just for the weekend I know I am safe. Come Monday, I could do salmon and veg or try some new recipes. It is a great inspiration to read people's posts in here and know that some people have been doing this for a really long time, that means I can do it too! And thank God I like vegetables and exercise!

Thanks for the suggestion Schmoodle!

I am positive this time that when January comes I will not hate myself for all the damage that I have done to myself during December binge-eating, I have a choice to do things differently. Today I have exercised my right to make a choice and will do so tomorrow as well.

Last edited by hope for recovery; 12-11-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #15  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning Nice warm partly cloudy morning. Just have a few minutes as company is coming tomorrow and I need to do some serious dusting and want to scrub the kitchen floor.

Ruth, ouch! That could hurt the old tailbone girl. Can I bring Mr. Big and my cup of coffee and cuddle with you too?

Twynn, Proud of you for having a good week, especially this time of year. Not an easy accomplishment.

Schmoodle, good for you getting your walk in even though you had all those reasons to not. I just finished mine too and it feels good.

Heidi, bet you aren't through Christmas shopping yet

Cyndi, Even without all the planning, bet you are going to have a great trip. Is DW's toe/foot better?

WT - Nag away, it may be so worth it in the long run.

Hope, don't think we've met. nice to meet you. You've got some good thinking going on there.

Zef, hey girl, do what feels right and don't worry about her getting upset.
Closed Thread