South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 03:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Friendly Friday Chat

Good morning, ladies. I laid down for a nap about 2130 hrs w/ plans to get up at 2330 hrs. Instead I woke up this morning around 0130 hrs. Oops!!! Been debating hitting the gym, but my left leg is really sore for some reason and I'm thinking it might be a good idea to rest it and just make up the gym day this weekend. We'll see.

Plans for today are simply to go back to work. I might do some grocery shopping if I feel like getting up early, but we shall see. I posted pictures from the past few days in yesterday's thread if anybody would like to look at them.

So what are your plans for Friday??? Anything exciting???
Old 12-10-2010, 05:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Off to bed...goodnight, ladies.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:15 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi, Natasha! Thanks for getting us started before you headed off to bed. Thanks for posting the pictures. Wow! Your WL is really showing! All that exercise really helps! See you later. BTW-The pool IS outside. They claim it's the largest outdoor hotsprings in the world and it's been here in some shape or form since the 1880's. It's super enjoyable even in the winter. http://www.glenwoodchamber.com/. Come visit me sometime!

I've been up for a bit, and may still get back for a little cat nap. My Rudi has odd hours, so I think I'll try and get him outside first. Today, I'm pooling in the AM. I went for a second time yesterday and counted 25 people in the two block pool, including lap swimmers. It got a little busier before I left....but not much. It will be packed every day once the vacationing skiiers get here. Tonight is my favorite holiday concert at our church. Other than that...the usual, except for planning a possible dash down to Taos to have dinner with CyndiM. It's just a 6 hour drive, I think.

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 12-10-2010 at 05:47 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:19 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Natasha, I loved seeing your pictures, thanks for sharing them. You're looking really good there, gal! And I got a kick out of the frozen fountain.

Debbie, I hope the weather cooperates so that you'll be able to have that visit with Cyndi. I looked at your pool link again - I find it fascinating, it's so different from anything around here. Enjoy your swim time today, I'd sure like to be paddling around with you.

It's cold here again this morning. 1 degree right now but it might get up to a sunny 18 by noon. I've got my fingers crossed, we really need an outdoor recess. Kids were practically hanging off the ceiling by the time we left school yesterday!

Buddy's visiting hours are today and the funeral is tomorrow. It's dragged on so long for the family, but it takes a while to get the bodies home from Afghanistan. The community is doing a "Wear Red for Buddy" day today. I'm not sure who organized it but it's a great way for the community to honor Buddy's memory and to show support for his family. I've got my red sweater ready.

Other than that, not much else is new around here. I'm looking forward to getting some hooping in this afternoon and eating on plan all day. Have a great Friday friends!
Old 12-10-2010, 06:24 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hello, Heidi Take care today, it sounds like another hard day as they hold the visitation for Buddy. It must be so helpful to his family to live in such a supportive community. I hope you and the kids both get out today...and happy hooping.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Girls,

Natasha, I enjoyed your pictures, and it looks like your past few days have been lots of fun. Your weight loss is really starting to show, too, and you look amazing!

Debbie, I bet it's fun living in a popular resort area. It must be really beautiful and festive there with all the snow. Enjoy your church concert this evening, that's one of my favorite things about the season, too! I'm really hoping you and Cyndi can arrange to get together, and make sure to take pictures if you do!

Heidi, Brrrrrr! I thought it was cold here at 23*, but you sure have us beat! That's going to be a very sad event this afternoon and tomorrow, but it's nice that you're all going to wear red in Buddy's memory. (By the way, I'm wearing a red sweater right now. ) On of the things I plan to do today is go to KMart for a hula hoop. I saw them there in the summer, and hope they still have them. Those things are hard to find!

I'm feeling much better this morning, but I'm still coughing a lot. I can deal with that, though. My plans for today are to go to the mall. I'm looking for a boxed set of the complete series of the old TV show, Bonanza, for my parents. I remember how much they loved that series and think it would make a great Christmas present for them. I'm toying with the thought of asking my DIL if she'd like to come with me, but that would probably mean that we'd be out all day, and I'm not sure if I'm up to it. We'll see.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:09 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I would love double digits, it's 8 here Our house is ancient and the windows get completely iced over when it's this cold.

Natasha - Loved the pictures! Sounds like you're having a blast with your friends.

Debbie - I am so hoping to meet all of you I'm definitely more excited about Taos after hearing from you. I hope to do a little research this afternoon. I'm going to find a way to go by that Pueblo even if I have to "get lost"
Have fun at your pool. That's such a great idea. Would love to check that out sometime.

Heidi - I hope it warms up enough for the kids to get out. This time of year is high energy enough without being stuck indoors.
The wear red day is a great idea. I hope it helps the community come together to support family and friends.

Cottage - Didn't you just get over a cough? Take care of that, don't want to be sick this time of year.
Happy shopping! What a fun idea.

I've got the usual long list of things to get done this morning but I plan to finish work by 2 and really focus on getting ready to travel. We have an event tomorrow so working from 8 - 4 and I just need some time to make lists, print maps, etc. Usually I am so organized about trips it scares me to be unprepared.

We have a small family so not a lot of holiday prep to take care of. DW is coming to NM and that's most of her gift. I sent DD the cutest buckthorn bonzai plant, just spur of the moment but she absolutely loves it. I'll just add a package of goodies for her and her BF. I've got a list for my Mom, gift cert for Dad, Amazon list to work with for brother and books already purchased for his family. Now I just need to package and mail things! I will, of course, add things for everyone while in NM.

I'm definitely going to need more coffee today. Think I'll go for the chocolate X coffee. Yum
Old 12-10-2010, 07:10 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from very frosty Delta!

Natasha, thanks so much for sharing your pictures. You look really great and must be feeling very proud of yourself. Enjoy!

Heidi, let's bundle up. We are tough northerners, right? So sad about Buddy. Without getting political, I will be so darn glad when both our countries get out of there! In Canada, we have been wearing red on Fridays for about a year now. It's amazing how many people do remember.

Debbie, I thought of you and Rudi yesterday. Joanne brought over her "new" dog who is named "Rudy". He's a very well-mannered Golden who had to be re-homed after his mistress died. He's eight and a beautiful boy who got along well with my two wee ones. We're hoping he helps ease some of the pain Joanne is suffering. I sure hope you and CyndiM DO get together and, if it happens, you MUST take pictures.

Still a bit sniffly this morning but I think I'm over the hump. Donna and I got most of the inside decorating done yesterday but I'm still lightless outside. She comes to clean today and I may just leave her to it and get the darn things up myself. Luckily I don't need to go up a ladder to do it although it will involve some trudging through the snow to do connections. I have the usual banking and Mill accounting to do but will quit griping and just get on with it.

Happy Friday and I hope it's a good one.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

CyndiM, good morning. Enjoy the trip. I am exactly the same about having maps and directions when I travel. I even follow progress on the little TV screen when I fly - like the pilot needs my help?
Old 12-10-2010, 07:32 AM   #10  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Ruth, glad you're getting well...Yay on getting some decorating done!

Cyndi, safe travels! I wish i could be there Doesn't it feel good t get some gifts taken care of?

Cottage, it's not fait that so many of us have been sick. Take care of yourself and I hope you are getting better as well.

Heidi, I could never handle that cold... brrr. it is in the upper teens and 20s here and I am dying. They don't turn the heat on at my work until after noon when the owners come in, and my clients freeze with their wet hair (I freeze too, yesterday my hands were so cold I couldn't use the touchscreen on y phone)

Debbie, I am jealous you get to have dinner with Cyndi, I wanna come

Goodnight Natasha, thanks for getting the thread started, I missed your pics, I'll have to go on yesterdays thread and look.

Me?

I am cold. I have been having general anxiety and don't know why. I feel better though from my illness (still coughing though) yay! My hubby is getting a cold, and I am fighting it off (though I feel it trying to get me) I am going to be back OP. I am making a big pot of chili or something on Sunday for the week. I have not planned today, probably a P2 day because of lack of planning and being busy. I am probably going to eat an Amy's rice and veggie bowl because I have it and I am extremely busy today.
Thank god for being busy, I need to pay bills (and Xmas shop)
Old 12-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning chicks.

Natasha - I hope your leg feels better soon. I enjoyed seeing the pics.

Debbie - Those darn vacation skiiers Hope you get down to Taos.

Heidi - That tribute sounds like a great way to honor Buddy. I hope it brings a bit of comfort to see all that support.

Linda - What a thoughtful gift! Have you tried online?

Cyndi - Oh I'm a trip organizer too! So many to shop for! We don't do gifts for our parents or siblings. (Long stories for both.) So it is just us and the kids. Have a wonderful trip!

Ruth - We are lightless too and my son tells me his friends have threatened to string some. At our house that is DHs job.

Beloved - I usually have a Kashi frozen dinner in the freezer for "emergencies" but I have also started freezing leftovers of PH1 casseroles and soups when I make them. I've never tried Amy's.

I had told DH not long ago about getting me a hula hoop for Christmas so I may be swiveling my hips along with Heidi and Linda! I am hoping to get to the gym to work out with my mom and our trainer today. So far my belly is cooperating.

Here's the kicker about the darn belly business - we just got approved for new medical insurance. First time in 5 years I'll get off the state's high risk pool. BUT, we had not planned to pay for coverage of pre-existing conditions so I need to find out by the end of the month if I may need any future treatment for whatever this is. Sigh. Timing.

I forgot to report that my TV debut (cooking latkes for my son's school's monthly broadcast) was a non-event. The segment was cut because the ran out of space. Or so he tells me All that stress and worrying for nothing.

Last edited by WaistingTime; 12-10-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I did go back to bed, it's nice when my body thinks that's an option!

Linda, great to hear you're feeling a bit better. Funny, I just watched an old episode of Bonanza yesterday. I'm thinking online, too.

Cyndi, I think I've located a place which allows dogs right across the street from you . I'll call today, because it's helpful to have a place for Rudi to walk that’s very...close.

Ruth, I'm so glad to hear that Joanne has another Rudy. It sounds like the perfect match on both sides.

BelovedK, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you don't get sick.

Karen, have a great workout with mom .

OK, off to get ready for the day, but first get Rudi outside...the first chore is to wake him up. Yesterday I had to calmly see if he was still breathing….
Old 12-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #13  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning

Natasha - thanks for the pictures, your looking good.

Debbie and Cyndi - how exciting to meet, enjoy your time together. Cyndi enjoy your trip.

Heidi - keep warm and its nice that the community is remembering him.

Ruth - we can handle the cold as long as the roads aren't icy.

BelovedK - sorry hubby is getting sick, I would rather get sick than put up with my DH being sick, what a baby.

Karen - sorry that your segment was cut out, almost famous there for a second.

me - so yesterday went well, I stayed on plan. Went to the market and picked up some pacific salmon (having one of my famous candlelight dinners (any one else watch Keeping Up Appearances) tomorrow. Also a prime rib for Christmas, had to mortgage the house for that but that is what family wanted. Busy, getting the house in order and still have some grocery shopping to do.
Everyone have a good weekend
take care
Sophie
Old 12-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

OMG! Fresh turkeys are $3.97 a pound locally! I think I'll grow my own next year. (Remind me in spring that it's a dumb idea.)
Old 12-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #15  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning everyone . No time for personals right now as I'm headed out the door for my walk. I'm doing good and will check in this afternoon or evening. Another busy day ahead. Take care and wishing you all and just a minute or two of quiet time for yourselves today. Later

Last edited by TallandThin; 12-10-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Closed Thread