Old 12-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Awful newly skinny picture

I just got a picture back that I wish I could scan. It's a professional "school" photo. I have THE deepest lines running from my nose down my smile. You know, that upside down V fold of skin from the nose down? It is so deep it looks like I have cheek implants and like you could just pluck them right off!

I can't correct that with weight loss! It's just making it worse!

So then I went and smiled real big in the mirror...oh my, that's what I actually look like!

Just a whine.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I discovered the same thing when my picture was printed in the newspaper. I don't want the weight back , though.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #3  
Calorie counter

I don't either. I didn't like my fat face...but I don't like this one either. I want my college face back! I think somewhere in my deluded head I thought at 36 that was the look I'd end up with.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Arghh! That's my biggest worry. I love to see my chin vanishing but I hate to see that big V, which is getting more and more cleft every day.

We'll have to learn to wear them as a badge of honour!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

I am actually embracing my lines! At least for now. People have always thought I was way younger than I am, to the point where it was almost insulting. I know, that hardly seems possible. But when you're pushing 30 and practically have a shouting match at the liquor store that your ID is in fact real, then it becomes a problem. And professionally, I feel like the lines give me a little more authority.

And the lines weren't as pronounced when I was heavier, so I also see them as a badge of honor.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #6  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I'm sure it isn't awful, you're a lovely woman! I'm sorry about the unexpected wrinkle making an appearance but I doubt anyone but you would even notice it! We tend to be highly self critical, maybe even more than average weight women, when the ideal in our head doesn't match perfectly with what we see in the mirror.

I bet everyone is too busy looking at your slender figure to notice a line under your nose
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #7  
Calorie counter

It's not a wrinkle though...I don't think. My skin is actually still quite nice. It's a dent...it's almost like a plate.

See this picture? It's not nearly as pronounced as the offending picture, but you see what I mean. That V? That's no old-age, is it? It's not a wrinkle.

Last edited by Eliana; 12-09-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #8  

I've seen people who have lost weight and had similar facial lines, and the lines faded as the skin adjusted to the new face size/shape. I bet your skin will continue to adjust for a good year after reaching goal.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #9  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
I've seen people who have lost weight and had similar facial lines, and the lines faded as the skin adjusted to the new face size/shape. I bet your skin will continue to adjust for a good year after reaching goal.
I hope so!! Thank you for the hope!

I do have a big smile. I realize that. Some people like that about me. I mean, I'm a smilie person. If I really let loose, I lose my eyes. They get all shut up with the smilie skin beneath them. When I pose for pictures I actually focus on opening my eyes. If they feel weirdly wide to me, they come out looking normal in pictures. I didn't need to exasperate my worst feature through weight loss.

Ah...some people are never happy are they?
Old 12-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #10  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Those are normal facial folds, I wouldn't fret. Yes, weight loss and aging can cause sagging facial skin and exacerbate them, but that should mellow a bit with time. If all else fails and it really, really bothers you, a facelift would assist in the appearance of that skin. But honestly, I think that would be hugely unnecessary for you.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #11  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy8888 View Post
I am actually embracing my lines! At least for now. People have always thought I was way younger than I am, to the point where it was almost insulting. I know, that hardly seems possible. But when you're pushing 30 and practically have a shouting match at the liquor store that your ID is in fact real, then it becomes a problem. And professionally, I feel like the lines give me a little more authority.

And the lines weren't as pronounced when I was heavier, so I also see them as a badge of honor.
OMG, that happens to me all the time. A waitress almost was yelling at me on our 2 year anny, because I 'wasnt the woman in this photo'... REALLY? Ugh, people.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #12  

Eliana, you look great!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Eliana - three things IMHO:

1) Your skin looks taut and healthy like many of the most glamorous stars in Hollywood. Kinda reminds me of Demi Moore! They pay good money for what you have naturally. The smile lines emphasize how healthy your skin is. And you don't have the 'jowls' look!
2) Your collar bones - nice.
3) Your dainty little hands and fingers and in general - you are a tiny woman!

Love the shirt!

(Dang, can't find the 'jealous' emoticon)
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 279/272/175

Height: 5'9"

really?
don't worry about it.
you look great!
be proud of yourself.
i wish i could smile like you!
i have dental issues so my smile is horrible.

be grateful for what you have, you look great dispite the "lines"
couponmom85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #15  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixC Chix View Post
Eliana - three things IMHO:

1) Your skin looks taut and healthy like many of the most glamorous stars in Hollywood. Kinda reminds me of Demi Moore! They pay good money for what you have naturally. The smile lines emphasize how healthy your skin is. And you don't have the 'jowls' look!
2) Your collar bones - nice.
3) Your dainty little hands and fingers and in general - you are a tiny woman!

Love the shirt!

(Dang, can't find the 'jealous' emoticon)
Oh wow! I have been properly put in my place. I should stop complaining. LOL! Thank you so much. I guess we all have our body issues, don't we? Never appreciating what we have. You're right. I'm blessed with good skin and nothing is sagging. I'm very, very fortunate. And I admit I've always liked my fingers. I like my feet too, though they're difficult to put in shoes. (Very narrow)

And Couponmom, just so you know...I've had dental work. I had actual fangs growing up and too many teeth so had eight pulled. I also had braces.