Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 01:14 PM   #1  
Buggin' with Pugs

Ok ladies.....which is it?

Ok I went to the doctors just the other day right? and I weighed in at the same 243 (see journal).

Now, YESTERDAY I went in and got weighed again when they drew blood and did the x-ray. THAT scale said 239.

I went to my local grocery store (Publix) where they have a scale you can use....right there in the front of the store....for all too see. THAT one said 239.

So have I or haven't I?????? I know i was not supposed to weigh till tomorrow, but I was being weighed by other persons to whom I had no control over. I still plan on weighing in but WHICH one should I go by?

Last edited by RubensMuse; 03-27-2003 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:26 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Use the same scale that you used last week, hon.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:52 PM   #3  
a brave new me...

Arrow Yup...

Only pay attention to the scale you use every week! And, try to weigh youself the same day and the same time once a week... that way you will cut out variations because of time of day, what you ate, etc.. I weigh myself first thing in the morning everyday(after a trip to the bathroom) but record my weight on Monday mornings only. The only variable you can't adjust for is the PMS bloating. That wreaks havoc on me mentally, but I just have to keep telling myself that those few pounds will be gone in a couple of days. Rembmer, we are looking for pounds lost over time... not the variable fluctuations we experience during the day and month.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:04 PM   #4  
Buggin' with Pugs

Ok I will listen to the wisdom of 'the Girls" and fall upon only one dedicated scale! It all makes sence too, but you know sometimes you just aren't sure what you are seeing. And I have been trying so hard to feel like I haven't met with even at least 1/2 lb after a week would have really bummed me out.

Tomorrow is weigh day!!!! And we shall see how things are. I didn't get much exercise in this week, having the TOM and all the pain with it. I just don't feel up to sweating in 'those places' when there is enough moisture already. Let alone lifting and squatting.....Know what I mean?
Old 03-27-2003, 08:13 PM   #5  
Student of the Hoof

Hey RubensMuse ... you sound like you suffer a lot more than I do during TOM, but I find that exercise often mitigates the pain. Not sure if it's the "hit your toe with a hammer to cure a headache" syndrome or what. I don't really care to run much, that feels weird. But lifting, walking, pilates, that kind of stuff really seems to help with the cramps.
Old 03-28-2003, 06:45 AM   #6  

Hey Rubens... it's weigh day!
Got to cut and paste my goals... excuse me...

Okay, I'm 191 this morning, which means I'm 2 pounds down from last week.

Weight goals:
start weight...193
current... 191
goal... to get into the 180's and NEVER go back!
total goal... 60 pounds. Approximately.

Exercise goals:
current... I go (normally, except I've been sick for 6 weeks and have just started again this week at the Y) to the Y at least 3 times a week. Workouts are a minimum of an hour and include a lot of cardio plus some weights. Plus an hour and a half of yoga.
goal... to keep this up as a minimum. Indefinitely.
total goal... same as above. Plus I'm supposed to do a 60km charity bike thingy in May. If I don't pull myself together, I'm going to have a stroke.

Food goals:
current... I eat until my eyeballs are popping out.
current goal... I MUST write down what I eat.
future goal... eat to live, not live to eat.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:51 AM   #7  
Buggin' with Pugs

Default 1st Weigh day 3/28/03

Well the scale says 239!!!!!! Down 4lbs from last week!!!!!

Not a bad start, especially having the TOM in tow.

I want to thank ALL of you for helping me during this!!! You have no idea just knowing there are others out there pulling for me and cheering me on, has helped me. Your support has been wonderful and means alot.

Now 6 more lbs to reach my 10lb Challenge Goal.

THANKS!!!!!
Old 03-28-2003, 12:34 PM   #8  
Buggin' with Pugs

Whoohooo Ellis!!!!!!!! Great going Gal!!! I know I am proud of ya!!! Getting ever so close to that Goal!!!
Old 03-28-2003, 12:50 PM   #9  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Way to go chicks!
Old 03-28-2003, 12:59 PM   #10  
Student of the Hoof

I think I was at 201.5 last Friday ... now I'm at 200 even, so a 1.5 pound loss. Not bad. And the next smidgen of weight I lose will put me into the one hundreds. FINALLY!

Good job Rubens and Ellis!! WTG!!
Old 03-28-2003, 01:23 PM   #11  
Buggin' with Pugs

Fantastic Raven!!!! I so cannot wait to join you there!!!!!
Old 03-28-2003, 02:09 PM   #12  

Raven and Rubens... yip yip yip!!!! Good going, girls!!

As for the rest of you... I have lost 2 pounds on this thread. A miracle. This just may be the miracle thread for losing, so anyone having trouble should join us. I think I just jinxed myself.
Old 03-28-2003, 02:35 PM   #13  
Old Cackler

rubens... are you sure we're not twins??? when you joined this thread we weighed exactly the same... and i also lost 4 pounds this week!!!! and i have a personal goal of 180 as well!!!! [the docs said that i could stop at 200; i don't want to!!!!]

great going!!!!!
Old 03-28-2003, 05:12 PM   #14  
Buggin' with Pugs

Too cool Jiffy!!!! Congrats on the loss!!!! My doc said 200 as well!!!! It's my own personaly goal to get to 180. This is wierd but wonderful at the same time...now I have a 'clone' losing buddy!!!
Old 03-28-2003, 05:14 PM   #15  
Buggin' with Pugs

Ellis babe I tell you its the VIBE of this place! :
Brings a whole new element to losing. Probably all of the positive people joining forces!!!! I think its wonderbar!!!
Closed Thread