Old 12-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #1  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Talking Canadian Winter Thread!!!

Hahah... I started the winter thread! This can go either for the winter or just for Dec, whichever you guys like.

So... how's the Christmas shopping going?

Btw Cinm... I LOVE your puppies! I want them ALL.

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 12-01-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #2  
Gotta run!

Ok... here's the last few posts from the other thread....

Justwant2Bhealthy
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/22ish/18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ms. Green ~ glad you found us Canadians over here ... come back and tell us more about yourself; just chat away ...

Monday was a long day for me; didn't get home til 4:30 pm. They found 2 polyps which they removed right away, so I had to stay on liquids for another 26 hours so they could heal up (as one was a big larger than the other). Was sure hungry by Tueday night. I ate pretty good for the rest of the week, but a few too many nuts tonight. Will try to learn something from this and do better in the future ...

We got dumped with ***** too the last 2 days; with lots of blowing winds too, but now we feel nice and cozy warm. The snow acts like a nice cocoon around the building and DH piles it up high. I did the front porch myself the last 2 days; good exercise and fresh air.

We got our Nativity Creche up and our candle lights; but I have to put something in my Snowman as the winds knock him over. I'm thinking of birdseed, which I'll feed to the birdiers after Christmas ... Well, we can't get sand around here right now; it's buried by snow ...

Hope all our Canadians friends have a wonderful weekend ... Rosebud
ONE-STEP-AT-A-TIME PHIL 4:13 " I CAN "
YA GOTTA HAVE FAITH A WORK IN PROGRESS
= 10 lbs ...
86 lbs + 7 Single Sizes GONE FOREVER! / Major-Goal: Hit Twosieland on 4/12/2010 -- finally!

Justwant2Bhealthy
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Justwant2Bhealthy
Find More Posts by Justwant2Bhealthy
Add Justwant2Bhealthy to Your Buddy List
Yesterday, 10:10 AM #55
Aunty Jam
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 185/*ticker*/135

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Ms. Green glad ya found us.

Seems Canada is quiet lately!

Rosebud - Hope you've healed up and are feeling better!

Cinm - I wish I could have a snow day!

JJ - I am so glad you weren't a back yard breeder... I have a really hard time holding my tongue when I meet those people... ggggrrrrrrrrr! I love my mutts and I wouldn't trade them for anything... but I hate those people who are intentionally breeding those "designer" dogs... labradoodles, that's not a breed! That's a lab/poodle cross! And people who charge hundreds for mutts? Have they been to a shelter lately??? (Sorry.... I get a little carried away)

Jojo - Well, I weighed myself... :sigh: 148, I'm up 3 pounds from where I've been sitting for months. I'm disgusted with myself, 145 isn't my goal weight... why was I letting myself sit there??? And now I've gained? ACK! I didn't get sick but I did stay indoors as much as possible. It's finally warmed up here to -8 today but it's really windy.

When choosing between two evils, I always like to pick the one I haven't tried before.
August 21/10 - personal best 5km time - 35 minutes - Going for 10k!
THE LAST 15 POUNDS GONE BY CHRISTMAS - Start Oct 5/10

Aunty Jam
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Aunty Jam
Find More Posts by Aunty Jam
Add Aunty Jam to Your Buddy List
Yesterday, 10:41 PM #56
Jojo381972
We Can Do This!

S/C/G: 238/220/146

Height: 5'4 1/2

My 3FC Diet Blog

Welcome green5! How's the weather in Newfoundland.

snowboundchick, good to hear you are mentally doing better.

JJCanada, I'm so happy to hear you didn't have to pay! How was it this week?

Cinm, how is the new shred video going? 2 snow days already. That's crazy! We had a dusting of snow thus far, and it didn't stay on the ground. I'm not too upset that we haven't got much yet. It rained today instead.

Rosebud, I hope you are feeling better from your surgery. I can't believe you also got so much snow as well. Good to hear you got to shovel some of that white stuff. Maybe you can make a snowman soon.

Aunty Jam.. don't be so hard on yourself, hun. I know it is frustrating, but just keep at it. I think it is harder when you have less to lose. I've heard that you lose at a slower rate. I'd love to be at your weight right now.

---
I've been working out alot at the gym, and last Sunday I ate too much at my parents. I then have ate out both yesterday and today. I feel like I've gained weight, and I'm worried about getting on the scale in a few days. I have to get back into my groove. I hate eating out cause I get off track at times. Old habits die hard. I hope everyone has a great week!

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. ~Napoleon Hill
5% goal: 222 - Get hair done - reached 11/19/2010,
10% goal: 211 - Get a full body massage
Onederland -02/19/2011 - buy new clothes
BMI start: 42.7 - Obese
BMI goal: 25 - Healthy
5pounds -

Jojo381972
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Jojo381972
Find More Posts by Jojo381972
Add Jojo381972 to Your Buddy List
Today, 09:53 AM #57
Aunty Jam
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 185/*ticker*/135

Aw Jojo thanks... you're sweet. I think a part of me needs to be disgusted with myself... I've let myself stall, indulge in junk and be lazy. I need my arse kicked I think.

Hubby got a job offer in Texas... wouldn't that be a hoot! He had to turn them down, we just can't go.

Hey... we need a December thread!!! Wow this November one is short!

Now keep going!

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 12-01-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

hello fellow canucks,

Hope you are all doing well. Winter is on it's way...brrrr!

Hey JOJO, once again I didn't have to pay. I was only down .2 lbs but it was still a loss. I heard the pot is at about $350...I had better get to trying harder. Cuz I know I can do it!!

Oh I hear ya, Aunty Jam!! I think right along the same lines you do about back yard breeders. I've even met a few who didn't care at all that their girls were whelping entire litters of blind puppies. I was furious to say the least!!!

Cinm...let me know how the shred is going. i was planning to get it as well but I cheaped out that day and haven't looked since.

Welcome to green5!!

Hope Rosebud is recovering nicely
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #4  
Gotta run!

JJ - It's people like that I want to beat with a large stick... ggggrrrr!

I have some goodish news... weighed myself this morning and I'm back to 145. Yay So now I can concentrate on moving forward.

Wow.. it's slow! Everyone else in Canada must be frozen! Here's a funny to get you laughing and maybe thawed out a bit.

WINTER Poem

It's winter in Canada
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy k an hour
At thirty-five below.

Oh, how I love Canada
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Canada
Cuz I'm frozen to the ground!

Have a great day...

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 12-03-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Hi All! Hope you are all well!!
I'm sort of at a point where I need a plan because I don't have a plan and I can't get anywhere without a plan. So I'm going to be working on that over the next week.
Sorry we've just gotten over the chicken pox, colds, flu like symptoms and I'm trying to finish off a quilt for Mickey who turns 6 on Tuesday but his party is Sunday.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #6  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS AUNTY ~ for starting up a Winter Thread for us; you read my mind! I was just thinking last night that I'd better get in here and start a winter thread and was wondering if you all thought winter was here or not? I know for us it sure it but some people don't have any snow yet down south ... anyways, you started it for us and that's great!

BTW, I LOVE THAT POEM -- it is sooo very Canadian indeed ... and funny too!

Yes, thanks everyone, I am recovered from my surgery; back to eating solids and feeling good again. I can't recall if I told you here that my best PC got a bad virus and crashed on me, so I am now using my old one which is very slow. It takes about 30 minutes to do each post; after reading that is ...

I have to pick my times well; and do my emails which take a whole night as well. We have been busy too; doing some more Christmas shopping this week so I can get my gifts out in the mail and have to work on my cards as well to get them out this week.

We had one night last week and that ruined my MARY & JOSEPH in my nativity scene, so DH picked up a piece of plywood and his friend cut them out for me; and it took me an entire day to draw them then color them in. Got finished at 12:30 AM the other night and boy was my arm and shoulder throbbing from all that but they turned out even better than the first time. I will takes some pics this week too ...

I got the last of my candy cane lights up this afternoon so our outdoor display is totally finished now and it looks great with our snowman out there too. Yes, we do have more than enuff snow and some people have built as many as 3 snowmen, but ours is actually made of plastic and has a light inside of him ... I picked him up for $1.00 at our local second-hand shop; gee, I love that place ...

Sorry, it has been so slow for us but it is winter and nearing Christmas which is a very busy time for us Canadians. We are having friends over again this year and I picked up some meat pies and Scotch shortbread today; plus a few goodies that I found so far. All our gifts for others are bought now. I have to find a few things for DH; all the things he suggests are huge or way too expensive so I'll just make my own list ...

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-04-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #7  
Gotta run!

You are very welcome Rosebud It was the least I could do....

I haven't had the greatest start to the week.. I didn't get my long run in yesterday because when I got downstairs to the treadmill my husband reminded me that he asked me to help him clean the basement so I ended up doing that instead I can honestly say I really don't give a flying fruit about the basement! He's the one who wanted to have a New Years party, he can clean it!!! Then this morning I just ached all over, I've run out of some meds and thought I'd be ok without them... guess not! I'll also be working over time this week and maybe next... I'm not sure how I'm going to have time for Christmas shopping let alone working out!

I'm headed to Saskatchewan either the week before or the week after Christmas... we're selling Granny's house since she's moved into the home. It's going to be depressing going through the place and throwing stuff away, I'll probably want to keep everything. What an amazing woman my Granny is... she was 98 and still in her own house. Partly because it took us quite a while to convince her she shouldn't be! LoL

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 12-06-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Snowbound ~I think the ones that succeed most have a plan, although planning can be work, and who likes work? lol

I always think of this saying .. "If you don't have a plan, plan to fail".

Very true, but not always easy.

Here's to plans
ruby2sday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #9  
Rosebud

HOWDY 2 ALL OUR FELLOW CANUCKS OUT THERE ~ are you all buried in ***** like we are up here? We have had a continuous snow-blowing windstorm for the last few days; just enuff snow to bank up the house though and the rest blew over to the empty lot across the road ...

WOW, AUNTY ~ 98 years young and still in her own home; that is awesome! She must be something else indeed. Hope your trip is OK and not too sad; maybe keep some momentos to bring home with you. How about a picture collage; they are nice too. DH just did some pics up of his grandparents recently ...

BTW, I suggested that Mr. Rockerfeller make up a new Christmas list; and he is thinking about it as we speak ...

We had a bit of today, and they expect some more for tomorrow, so that would be a good day for this week's groceries, I think. I shovelled some of that snow off our front deck today; doing that for extra exercise. Ate well today; better than yesterday -- am going for an average here ...

Our laneway is a sheet of ice, so we have to pick up some Rock Salt or something; the ice pellet stuff we picked up last week just isn't working here. Maybe it is too cold as the temps have dropped lately too; it feels very cold here now ...

DONNA ~ hope you find a plan you like; anything special you are looking for?

Hope you all are having a good week out there; keep warm, eh .... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-08-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning fellow Canucks!

I've been away for a few months, but am back and back on plan.

I gained about 5lbs and then lost it again and now am finally in the 160's! I've had my goal date revised to April 6 as I sat in a holding pattern for almost two months!

I went to Mexico for the first time...had an incredible time and will be going back annually if possible!

I had an almost full back tattoo (60lbs down reward) done almost three weeks ago...love it and can't wait for more.

I promise to start coming back more regulary as I find that this forum helps me stay on track and also gives me some great inspiration!

Cheers,
Tamara
tamaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:44 AM   #11  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

^Welcome Tamara! Great to hear you are getting back on track.

Aunty Jam, I love that poem! Soo funny and true.
Your nanny sounds like an amazing woman. I was very close to my nanny as well. Best of luck in Saskatchewan and getting in your workouts.

Rosebud, I can't believe all the snow that you got! Wow! We didn't get a lot, but at least there is snow on the ground which makes it a white Christmas. It has been very cooold here lately. I'm having a hard time adjusting to it.
Good to hear you are recovering well from the surgery.

Snowbound, I hope you find a plan that works for you and the family.

JJCanada, how was your weigh in this week?
--
I'm getting used to the new WW program, and trying to adjust accordingly and hope to lose more weight this week. I'm slowly losing half to one pound over the last few weeks, and it is a bit frustrating. I need to start tweaking my diet and writing everything down again. Hope you all have a great weekend! Keep warm!
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

Oh JoJo...my weigh in this week was terrible. Anything I'd lost was back plus .2lbs. It is TOM so I'm hoping that's it. But I also do know that I have not been very good lately, so what can I expect!
Next week is the final weigh in and I'll not be getting the pot. I know that for sure. Another girl has lost 10 lbs and I'd never catch up to that.
I can only blame myself for this, since only I have the control here. Control??? What's that???
Welcome Tamara. You've come a long way already! Keep up the good work!
We had a bunch of snow here, but not like our London neighbours...they were snowed in!!
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #13  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls - I am still here. I kinda disappeared for a couple of weeks but I am back. Work hasn't been great lately so when I get home at night I basically just crash.

Just trying maintain until January. Then figure what plan I want to be on and just do it.

I finally have most of my shopping done I think. There's not that many I have to get for so that helps. Xmas is a hard time of the year for me the last few years so I will be glad when its all done. Xmas isn't all that fun when you spend it alone. I make the best of it or at least try to. I'll have the dog with me this year so at least something else will be in the house with me that is breathing LOL

We had a cold snap down here last week but now tomorrow back up to +11 and tons of rain starting sometime tonight. Just enough to make tomorrow miserable. Hopefully people will stay home and I won't have to go outside in the mess.

I am still doing the TOPS thing which is helping at least keep me from gaining. We have our Xmas potluck this week and gift swap so that should be fun.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Time to gear up for Monday again...

Alannah
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:13 PM   #14  
Rosebud

HAPPY SNOW DAY ... to all those who are in the same ***** path that we are; yes, the snow squalls have returned with winds much more fierce than last week. The snow is now banked up to our windows in the front ... LOL! (I should take pics) We are keepin' warm though. I have a confession to make -- I actually prayed for snow ... hehe ... ... no snowballs please!

BACK, TAMARA ~ good for you getting back on track and realizing what a fab tool this site is; I really find it helps to keep me on my toes too. I don't worry if I do well for 90% of the time; it all averages out for me over the week. I think persistance and perseverance are more important than perfection in this life journey back to good health; and you are doing great!!!

JJ & ALANNAH ~ same goes for you too; just keep on, keepin' on ... this time of year is hard on lots of people, esp with all the food celebrations and junkies every where you look. Sometimes, I just close my eyes and keep on walkin' ... I pretend the stuff is not there!

ALANNAH ~ you are not really alone; we are here for ya -- we are real, live people and I always try to check in here on the holidays to talk to those who are home at that time. Maintaining is a victory too, you know -- that's as tuff as loosing: just consider this good practice for the future ...

JOJO ~ hey, a lb is a lb -- take it! Glad that you are settling in with the WW program; that's half the battle sometimes: finding a program that works for you, I mean!

Well, the temps have really dropped here too, and I seem to be having a harder time adjusting to it this year too. Maybe it is my age or maybe it is just a lot colder a lot sooner this year -- that is what DH thinks, and I think he's right on ...

We've had to put the thermostat up a bit this year, but I wanna stay warm. We got our cards and gifts out in the mail over the weekend and today. Glad to get that done. Got DH his big present on Friday and a couple smaller ones too; he is tickled green ... Now, I just have to get stocking stuffers and some last minute munchies for the guests: things like nuts and the like -- am trying to keep things healthier this year.

Hope you all are having a good week despite the weather -- some places still have hardly and snow; and some places are getting dumped on. A friend in North Bay said as of last week, they still had hardly any snow; same with Bolton area. Seems the right side of the province is getting most of it.

Bundle up good & warm; and have a great week everyone ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-13-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:06 PM   #15  
Gotta run!

Hey everyone

Tamara - We need pictures of the back piece... if your uncomfortable with that at least tell us what it is!

Rosebud - I've heard you guys are having horrible weather out there... stay safe! We're having a storm too but the worst of it is a bit more north the we are.

JoJo - I wish I had lost a pound!!!

Would love to stay and chat with everyone but break time is over I am SO unmotivated today.