General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #1  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Default Chapters (or any other book stores)

Does anyone have a favourite book store? Mine is chapters, I could seriously live there, and the two sections I love the most are the true crime and the self help.

I just finished reading two book not to long ago, called 10 keys to a fabulous single life and an even better married later: Last one down the aisle wins.

Of course alot of people would disagree on this book whom are married (I know a co-worker of course she was indian completely different culture thought that the book was a propaganda for money, but after reading it alot of it was based on crap I had done, or thought of doing and watching people around me who have married young and the struggles with it. It's something for 20 somethings but would work for any age. I don't know I thought it was a fasincating read and one of the better books that I have read.

As well I read No Angel My Harrowing Undercover Journey to the Inner Circle of the Hells Angels by Jay Dobson. It was AMAZING my god I love this man hahaha.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:14 AM   #2  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

I looove the bookstore Powells in Portland, OR. I think I could take a vacation and spend a week in there. LOVE IT!!!

second close is a locally run used book store here in Eugene called the Smith Family Book Store. Two stories full of new and used books and I love it. Every year for my birthday and then again for hubby's birthday we go there and pick out some books. Our birthdays are close to 6 months apart so we will always have a nice stock.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

For me it's City Lights, a used bookstore in London, Ontario. It's small, it's musty, but God, I love it. Most of my book shopping is online though, or at the local Borders (local when I'm visiting my fiance that is). His mom works there so it gives me another excuse to go in there. Books are my total weakness. I am such a nerd.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #4  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Whenever I'm back in Arizona..I always stop by Changing Hands bookstore. It was my fave while growing up! The store used to be on Mill Ave in Tempe, but it moved to a bigger location. It's an amazing store!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:04 PM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I like the big chains like Barnes and Noble mainly for the people watching factor. It's a cool place to meet randoms and just relax without spending money.

I met the guitarist for a well known metal/hardcore band at a Barnes and Noble when I was in college - he saw I was reading a magazine about heavy metal and we ended up having a good chat about music. Very cool. We ended up having a lot of bands in common. Too bad I don't like his band's music! O_o
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote